Aussies XLVIII

Stubby

Pax,

do what the others said about warning the parent. Either the coach will ring them up and gently inform them that he didn't say that at all and he's sorry for coming across that way etc, or he's going to give them the "how dare you speech."

But it seems to me like this coach is holding you to ransom by being so offended that he threatens you with quitting just because you questioned him about the incident and were just doing your job. He sounds like something of an emotional person and maybe even a bully of sorts which makes me think that the whole thing is true. Don't allow him to do that. If you really can't find anyone else then let the season run it's course and don't have him back as a coach again citing this as the reason. It's completely unprofessional to threaten quitting over something like that. And a heart the size of a pea? How old are these kids? Does he think he's a big man who's coaching a pro development squad or something?

I'm sorry Pax you're likely to get more problems from this guy (if not this season then in future seasons) unless you and everyone else let him say and do what he wants.

Good old junior team sports...ahh the joys.

Pax,

do what the others said about warning the parent. Either the coach will ring them up and gently inform them that he didn't say that at all and he's sorry for coming across that way etc, or he's going to give them the "how dare you speech."

Yeah, I spoke to the parent last night and told him that the coach had strongly denied the accusation. I gave him the heads up that the coach will probably want to talk to him after the game on Saturday. I also informed him that the club could not take the matter any further given that it is the player's word against the coach's. Hopefully the two parties can resolve the matter in a civil fashion on Saturday now that they have both had the chance to calm down.

But it seems to me like this coach is holding you to ransom by being so offended that he threatens you with quitting just because you questioned him about the incident and were just doing your job. He sounds like something of an emotional person and maybe even a bully of sorts which makes me think that the whole thing is true. Don't allow him to do that. If you really can't find anyone else then let the season run it's course and don't have him back as a coach again citing this as the reason. It's completely unprofessional to threaten quitting over something like that. And a heart the size of a pea? How old are these kids? Does he think he's a big man who's coaching a pro development squad or something?

I'm sorry Pax you're likely to get more problems from this guy (if not this season then in future seasons) unless you and everyone else let him say and do what he wants.

I realise that, and as a result I will try to monitor his coaching of the team a little more (in particular I will make sure that the player who made the allegation is still being given a fair opportunity to participate in batting and bowling). As for having this coach back next season, well, I may not have much choice if no-one else puts their hand up again (provided, of course, that there are no further incidents between now and the end of the season).

Pax, it's in your hands now, but heads up these things can descend into punch-ups. I know if I believed my kid and the coach gave me a telling off, or jabbed his finger at me, or stood chest to chest...you know the rest.

I'm hardly surprised the Americans bought into the small breast=CP thread. Anything to have a go at a supposed violation of the 5th amendment even in another country.

Pax, it's in your hands now, but heads up these things can descend into punch-ups. I know if I believed my kid and the coach gave me a telling off, or jabbed his finger at me, or stood chest to chest...you know the rest.

I'm hardly surprised the Americans bought into the small breast=CP thread. Anything to have a go at a supposed violation of the 5th amendment even in another country.

Yeah well what can I say, they seem to think their rules/laws should apply to everyone.

ok what a week.

Guess I start at the begining which was actually last week.

OK so most of you know about my business partners troubled son. I went out on a limb and gave him a key to my place so he had a refuge when things got too hard at home. Most of you said your asking for trouble.

You were right.

The little shit decided he was going to go online while I was not there. ie either at work or sleeping. He goes online drops all my protections and proceeds to infect my comp with some viruses.

He knew he was not given permission had in fact had it expressly denied to him.

So naturally I crack the shits about it.

Not about the viruses as such but that after all I had done for him he would still disrespect me like that.

Anyway I am talking to his mother and explaining why I am so pissed off with him and she starts screaming and ranting at me.

Myself I figure I don't have to put up with this shit so I hang up. The more I think about it the more I realise that I really do not like this woman. It is not a case of active dislike I simply find nothing there to like.

So now here I am totally shitfaced posting this on a message board LOL

Maybe so but the thing is I do not normally tell people I do not know all about the shit in my life.

ohh well it was a good excuse for bumping the thread :P

I really do not remember making that post... it must of been an excellent night on the Wild Turkey Rare Breeds :P

P.S. I will attempt to give such an insightful thread this weekend if it makes you feel any better?

Darwin CBD Office bombed.

A man is in custody after at least seven people were injured in what police say was a bomb attack on an insurance office building in Darwin's CBD this morning.

Police say a man wheeled a shopping trolley containing an explosive device through the front door of the TIO (Territory Insurance Office) premises in Cavenagh Street at about 11am.

We've had threats before, but fortunately no-one has ever carried them out. I hope everyone injured recovers.

What sort of idiot does that?

I am willing to bet most of the 15 injured were also disatisfied customers.

It is idiots like this that cause our governments to overreact and bring in Draconian laws.

Speaking of which new laws aplicable only to truck drivers now make it a case of high fines if there is anything wrong with the truck ie unroadworthy it is a $5,000 fine and apparently it is a $4,000 fine for the smallest speeding infraction!

I am trying to find the site for this as I type.

And I cannot find them arrrrrgggghhhhh!!!

Ohh well the idiot at work who has been trying to cause me problems may be getting the sack.

Fingers crossed on that one.

P.S. I will attempt to give such an insightful thread this weekend if it makes you feel any better?

Because I lie being honest, here is my turn.

I am way too drunk for my won good and have to constantly check back for spelling mistakes and grammatical errors.

I happen to be talking to my ex-girlfriend way too much on the facebook chat. I have tried to distance myself from her over the past few months that we have been broken up. But over the past few weeks we have chatted and it's for the worst. I have now realized that the reason i have not talked to her is because it is too hard to remember the thought of her.

When I Have been chatting to her I have been reminded strongly of the great times we had together. It isn't doing much good to the cause of getting over her. But sometimes I am not sure if i really want to get over her. It is a very confusing time.

Ski

Archived