Aussies XLVIII

Stubby

U-S-FORCE-S...THE TIME IS RIGHT!....DA NA NA NA NA NA BATMAN! BATMAN! BATMAN! BATMAN!

That whole thing made my cornflakes go down easier. Poor Peter Garret is learning.

It seems another former singer is getting political

Angry Anderson on other cultures

ROCK'N'ROLL bad boy Gary Angry Anderson believes life experience has taught him "Aussies use their fists" when they fight and that "weapons were introduced by other cultures".

I don't know if I entirely agree with him and this is me talking. Yeah he has some point, but I didn't hear his whole speach.

Cricket injuries? Yeah been whacked in the groin by the ball. Anyone ever remember the bodyline cotroversy? We actually had to touch on that in history in high school. Now we'll jsut being covering the dreamtime.

GS, instead of a small girl couldn't it have been a tarzan/jane type situation where you kill the t-rex and have hot jungle sex with the heroine?

I wish it had been like that. But nope I was this callous scumbag who only thought of himself, well I did get the T-rex away from her but only after the first callous thoughts

To some extent Angry is right but honestly there have always been scumbags who will grab anything to win a fight

Shameless bump time folks

Met a bloke on the bus today who was ex army, he served in both Iraq and Afghanistahn, the stories he was telling me about the yanks were incredible.

Apparently in Afghanistahn the main problem is that a large group of Talibahn surrendered and most were killed. In Iraq once the US reserves got there there was when the main trouble started since they looted and raped!

Great way to win freinds and influence people isn't it?

That is of course if it is true.

He also said that the US was more interested in controlling the opium feilds than in beating the Taliban

Me Again?

ohh well Ski and Pax were both going to do this but I hast been drunking thus I get to tell thee.

ETA: ok I forgot to mention just what it was must have been the oysters last night.

Well when I efy chat they were supposed to put a comment in here about Aussiecon in melbourne September 2-6th.

We NEED a strong Aussie presence at the con folks, I mean look at just how strong an influence we have as it is on the board and in chat. This is something we can do to make the rest of the board sit up and take notice :P

The Minister for Home Affairs revealed yesterday that a fairly sizeable 55,000 submissions have been received in the recently completed public consultation process on whether Australia should introduce an R18+ rating for games. It's encouraging to hear that so many people have participated in the process, but I'm still pretty pessimistic about the whole thing. Chances are that Atkinson will win the day again, with his usual (unsubstantiated) arguments regarding the harmful effects of interactive violence and the flawed consultation process (since apparently the surveys should have included images of the violence being portrayed in-game) :worried:.

@GS: Huh?

ETA: Ah, I get it now GS.

I was watching the news and this story came on about Americans tying up a kangaroo and forcing it to box as part of a multicultural festival.

I have to say I'm so desensitized that I wasn't that shocked. I just thought it was quite typical of what Americans thought would be respectful to another culture

I wish I could get to aussiecon but we just can't afford it this year :(

Plus with Balin in school this year its not so easy to get away

Understood Brook, you have a lot on this year anyway. We are hoping though.

Forgive me, but what is Aussiecon??

The World Science Fiction Convention, which this year will be in your neck of the woods, with the name "Aussiecon 4".

Check out this thread in the Brotherhood Without Banners section of the board.

You .....Pusher Stubby!

Should be a ball well a massive piss up most likely but still a scream

ohh and Ski has requested we keep an eye on him Stubby

The World Science Fiction Convention, which this year will be in your neck of the woods, with the name "Aussiecon 4".

Check out this thread in the Brotherhood Without Banners section of the board.

Thanks.

In Melbourne you say???? How heinous :laugh:

Grrrr...

I was watching the news and this story came on about Americans tying up a kangaroo and forcing it to box as part of a multicultural festival.

I have to say I'm so desensitized that I wasn't that shocked. I just thought it was quite typical of what Americans thought would be respectful to another culture

I just thought typical of them. I jsut hope skip gets returned to somewhere suitable and taken off them.

BTW did anyone see Tony Abbot on 60 minutes with his daughters in the pool? One was riding his back and playing with his hair in a bikini! I wonder if the PMs bodyguards would like to stand by the pool while they frolick! Or you get the short straw and have to accompany the PM on his 100 mile bike ride.

Well I wouldn't want my daughter in a bikini on national TV especially having done my very bestest ever to make heaps and heaps of enemies.

Seriously I think I would prefer the ride

I would spend most of it in a car I would think since having knackered bodygaurds is pointless

logistics would be a minor pain

On that 60 minutes segment they also showed the look on Peter Batmans face when Abbot was mouthing off at him. Death stare. Poor Peter.

In other news about pollies getting what they deserve...reading on Sunday morning about How Belinda Neal lost her seat made my muesli go down that much easier. I hope she has a breakdown.

I'm a real sadistic and ghoulish bastard.

On that 60 minutes segment they also showed the look on Peter Batmans face when Abbot was mouthing off at him. Death stare. Poor Peter.

In other news about pollies getting what they deserve...reading on Sunday morning about How Belinda Neal lost her seat made my muesli go down that much easier. I hope she has a breakdown.

I'm a real sadistic and ghoulish bastard.

nah

I would love them all to lose their seats to be honest.

I would love to see some of them on treason charges, maybe not the same ones you would like to see charged OLP but I can at least admire your passion :)

Any chance you will make it to aussiecon?

nah

I would love them all to lose their seats to be honest.

I would love to see some of them on treason charges, maybe not the same ones you would like to see charged OLP but I can at least admire your passion :)

Any chance you will make it to aussiecon?

Unfortunately nah. I'm flat out at work, uni and I'm broke while I'm building a place.

Unfortunately nah. I'm flat out at work, uni and I'm broke while I'm building a place.

I hear you, just a thought but if your place is anywhere near the bush or plantations will your insurance give you a discount on fire insurance if you have your own sprinkler system fitted?

The reason I mention it now is that it would probably be cheaper and easier to install while building?

maybe not bot as I said a thought

I hear you, just a thought but if your place is anywhere near the bush or plantations will your insurance give you a discount on fire insurance if you have your own sprinkler system fitted?

The reason I mention it now is that it would probably be cheaper and easier to install while building?

maybe not bot as I said a thought

Thanks, but no not really near the bush, in the burbs. If I did live in the bush I'd be building a bunker as well as a sprinkler system. I'm not like most Aussies who subsribe to the she'll be right mate, I'll use the garden hose and then drive off in my car at the last minute. BTW I'm not referring to all the people who died on black saturday as thinking that way.

Archived