World of Warcraft

Fenryng

The "aggro drop" thing on Rotface is caused by the mage getting targeted with the little slime while he has mirror image popped. Once the MI duration runs out it'll go on the mage with the full 5k threat or whatever but to get it out of the raid before that someone else has to pick it up and run it out.

Ok, so I am level 73 now and I'm about to lose my friggin' mind. Leveling is SO SLOW in the 70's.

Advice? I mostly do random dungeons. When quests give you 20k a shot (after a long, tedious amount of work) and I can get 500/kill in dungeons (sometimes more), I'm inclined to stick to the dungeons.

I dunno. Ideas?

I'm so over leveling right now.

The first few levels in the 70s suck and are slow. What class/spec are you again? If it's not a tanking or healing class, keep queueing but quest while waiting. It gets better after you pass the halfway mark or so, and 77-80 are gloriously fast, especially if you do the Argent Tournament dailies, which are available at 77.

I found 70-80 rediculously fast compared to leveling say 40-60 in classic, or 60-70 in TBC.

Hit Borean Tundra and clear out the quests there, there are like 150 quests or something, blocked into maybe 5 or 6 dense quest hubs. Grab every quest you can and turn on the map thing that shows you where you need to go for the quests... it's pretty damn easy to be very efficient in your questing. TBC had this too but the areas were much bigger and had Fel Reaver wandering around.

Yeah the dungeon system is alright for leveling, but actually I really hate it and its use in this way. It totaly disconnects the game from the world because you can play from 12 to 80 without ever leaving Orgrimmar / Stormwind. I mean seriously what is up with that? I suppose it's fine for alts, but for a newbie I think it's a terrible travesty.

I agree with Ini if you're a tank then you can just keep queueing because your queue will be xseconds long anyways. More or less the same applies for healing. As a dps you shouldn't just be twiddling your thumbs for 20 mins while you wait though, if you want to level fast anyway.

Grats on LK!

I didn't get anything interesting done this weekend, which was a little frustrating. I had a raid invite for ICC10 on Friday... made sure I was available... and a few minutes after the raid should have started, I started /whoing the other invitees. Half of them were not online, including the raid leader. Ah well.

So Saturday I find a pug forming and try to pop into it. They take me, as heals of course, and we fill up... then suddenly a tank has to go (I now suspect he may have made an excuse). The raid leader was constantly checking who was tanks and who was heals, because apparently keeping track of this was too hard? And then I look at the second tank. 20k hp... ok maybe he's in dps gear. Hmm, but frost presence. I'll armory him, since he's in Ironforge. I ditched group right after that. Our "tank" had one epic (BoE tanking shoulders), a handful of greens, and no other tank gear. His Blood spec looked like he'd thrown at a dartboard. So we had a guy who thinks Frost Presence makes you a tank, and a raid leader who wasn't bothering with even elementary gear checking. Hell, I wouldn't have taken this guy to tank Utgarde Pinnacle, normal. (Granted right now on the armory, my DK is wearing tanking gear, her dps weapon, and her dps spec... but nobody's going to be checking her for anything, and that's what I use to solo Chillmaw with my eyes closed.)

Questing while queued for the dungeon finder is definitely the way to go for leveling at this point.

I found 70-80 rediculously fast compared to leveling say 40-60 in classic, or 60-70 in TBC.

This is how I feel too. 40-60 is a drag, though not as much now that you guys have mounts, epic mounts even! (:tantrum:)

And the worst thing about Outland is getting ganked because you can't fly.(:shocked:)

Seriously though, I thought 70-80 was the fastest and easiest way to level. The quest hubs all keep you in one area for the most part, you're not being sent to another continent to pick a flower and then run back.

The dungeon finder is great for leveling up, but I really think once you hit Northrend questing is the way to go. The quests are mostly entertaining, much easier and the new in game Quest Helper speeds things up faster. If you're doing multiple quest at a time it'll net you more XP then a dungeon grind and probably less frustration too.

Leveling is a chore though, I can't blame you for getting tired of it.

The "aggro drop" thing on Rotface is caused by the mage getting targeted with the little slime while he has mirror image popped. Once the MI duration runs out it'll go on the mage with the full 5k threat or whatever but to get it out of the raid before that someone else has to pick it up and run it out.

Aha! Thanks for the explanation. That seems to make sense.

Official post on the Cataclysm changes.

http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/thread.html?topicId=23425636414&sid=1

Some pieces I like a lot (the general idea, no more weapon skill (I'm still working on 2h swords for my warrior)). Some I dislike (more crit dampening (maybe also hit/expertise) on higher-tier content, hit as a blue gem (from a tank perspective; great from dps)). I'm half surprised not to see any notion of a Holy paladin conversion spell or talent.

Official post on the Cataclysm changes.

http://forums.worldo...425636414&sid=1

Some pieces I like a lot (the general idea, no more weapon skill (I'm still working on 2h swords for my warrior)). Some I dislike (more crit dampening (maybe also hit/expertise) on higher-tier content, hit as a blue gem (from a tank perspective; great from dps)). I'm half surprised not to see any notion of a Holy paladin conversion spell or talent.

I think the oddest thing in that whole post is Moonkin and Eleshams converting spirit to hit. That's a pretty odd fix.

Also, they seem to mention plate wearing leather/mail very often. Does this actually happen? I've never seen it.

Also, they seem to mention plate wearing leather/mail very often. Does this actually happen? I've never seen it.
It happens all the time. It's happened with holy pallies quite often, and it happens regularly with warriors - especially those trying to hit certain arpen caps. It's not nearly as common as it once was, where everyone wanted certain pieces regardless of whether or not they were leather-wearers, but it's certainly common.

More notably, warriors will take a lot of pieces that are almost as good as their bis.

Yeah, warriors wearing mail or leather gear has been common. Armored to the Teeth in Fury was intended to help make that less an issue; it increases attack power through your armor. Same as Bladed Armor in Blood for DKs. My paladin wears a mail belt right now for healing. I've never dipped as low as cloth (the spirit helps me avoid it), and only rarely to leather, and only when nobody else needed. But resto shamans and holy paladins share stat desires pretty decently.

I guess the Spirit->Hit talents are just to allow Blizzard to cut down on itemization. With that, they don't need to worry about having caster hit leather and caster spirit leather, same for mail.

It does make me wonder if they're going to find a way to make Holy paladins not need unique gear. If they've got a solution so hunters & enh shammies can share gear, and boomkin & trees can, and ele & resto can, then they should find a way for holy paladins to share dps or tanking gear. I don't see that being viable as a talent (if it's too deep, paladin healing is hosed before say level 60, and if it's not deep enough, it's too easy for a ret or prot paladin to boost their heals and mana), so a very expensive (like 80% of base mana) spell might be better. Extreme cost to prevent the ret paladin from turning it on to throw a couple of heals and so on.

I notice they they are planning on keeping SP around for weapons, but there's no mention of that under AP.

This is curious because I've long been wondering what's going to happen to the Agility-based two-handers. Frost DKs also have to consider this now that all one-hander dps weapons are Agility-based.

Yeah, warriors wearing mail or leather gear has been common. Armored to the Teeth in Fury was intended to help make that less an issue; it increases attack power through your armor. Same as Bladed Armor in Blood for DKs. My paladin wears a mail belt right now for healing. I've never dipped as low as cloth (the spirit helps me avoid it), and only rarely to leather, and only when nobody else needed. But resto shamans and holy paladins share stat desires pretty decently.

I guess the Spirit->Hit talents are just to allow Blizzard to cut down on itemization. With that, they don't need to worry about having caster hit leather and caster spirit leather, same for mail.

It does make me wonder if they're going to find a way to make Holy paladins not need unique gear. If they've got a solution so hunters & enh shammies can share gear, and boomkin & trees can, and ele & resto can, then they should find a way for holy paladins to share dps or tanking gear. I don't see that being viable as a talent (if it's too deep, paladin healing is hosed before say level 60, and if it's not deep enough, it's too easy for a ret or prot paladin to boost their heals and mana), so a very expensive (like 80% of base mana) spell might be better. Extreme cost to prevent the ret paladin from turning it on to throw a couple of heals and so on.

I think it's a pretty good fix all around.

The only issues I see are Holy Pallies have exclusive gear. Already a problem, but now it's gonna get really ridiculous. Healing priests will too I guess, but at least there's 2 specs of them. Enhancement Shammies I guess will end up like Ret Pallies. Though it would be better if they got some sort of Agility->Intellect talent so they could still toss some heals out and such.

The funny thing is reading people's reactions though. "OMG, but what about Glyph of Life Tap now!!!!". It's like "Dude, Blizzard isn't THAT dumb. They will change the shit for DPS casters that scales with spirit. Yeesh.".

Archived