Olympics - All around discussion

blasted_saber

Oh Nabby, Nabby, Nabby... what have they done to you? The big meanies! :crying: (Seriously, I hope this doesn't fuck up the Sharks season.)

7-3 Canada going into the third. I can't wait to get home and watch this. It's like The US poked Canada in the ass with a sharp stick and hid around the corner. Canada turned around and saw Germany and Russia standing there giggling. Pow! Right in the kisser!

If there is a rematch, I sure don't like our chances.

7 goals in half an hour? OK, I've got to take my words in this thread back: the US got the harder quarterfinal. The Swiss aren't world famous for hockey, but at least they had a decent defense -- in the group stage, they managed a tie with Canada up to the end of overtime and in the quarterfinals, the US only beat them by 1 goal plus an empty netter. On the other hand, Russia appears to have a whole lot of stars and no team to speak of. Their one accomplishment at these Olympics is that they somehow managed to beat the Czechs and that appears to be the outlier (they faced two other good teams and the outcome is not to their favor).

Yes, we're catching up to those filthy Reindeer Fuckers from Norway in the Medal Count.

And those damn Korean Dog Eaters got DQed and lost their Gold in Women's Short Track Relay.

How many DQs for Koreans in Short Track is this now? 5? 6?

Gold, two Silver and a Bronze. Canadian women ROCK!!!!

I predict a Canadian Gold in Men's Hockey. If Luongo can play a little above average we will win. We've outplayed every team by a long shot yet goaltending has been suspect and has cost a game and a near loss. If Luongo can be steady we'll have no problem beating whoever gets in our way.

EH, OH, CANADA GO.

ps.

I really felt bad for the Korean team in the short track. I'm glad Canada got the Silver but they only deserved Bronze.

I expect the Korean media to be throwing a hissy fit over the women's short track results. Whatever. Hurray for the motherland!

As for the bobsled team, that was nuts. Ouch.

And I'm sure Canada is feeling very redeemed today. :) Congrats, guys.

I expect the Korean media to be throwing a hissy fit over the women's short track results. Whatever. Hurray for the motherland!

As for the bobsled team, that was nuts. Ouch.

And I'm sure Canada is feeling very redeemed today. :) Congrats, guys.

Thank You!

Myself, I am very proud of the way our athletes have performed. Sure there has been some disappointments but there has been a few surprises as well.

Now I'm getting sweaty palms thinking about the US-Canada womens gold medal hockey game. We're guaranteed a Silver in this event. Did I mention Canadian women ROCK?????

An entire nation breathes again. Even my non-hockey-person mother was paying attention to the result.

Am I the only person who thinks the US uniforms (blue with stars on them) look kind of like pyjamas? Very cosy fleece pyjamas.

Archived