World of Warcraft 3.3.3

Greywolf2375

You've been two healing Valithria? We always three heal it. If your DPS is up to the task 3 healing is the way to go. We will start with all three popping cooldowns on the Big Girl, then as tanks start tanking we'll have healer one go straight to tank/raid healing leaving two on the Dragon. As things get hairy we'll switch number two off leaving a lone pally or shaman to finish her up.

The other thing to do as a healer is have the dragon as your focus, and macro your hots onto her so all three have all their hots rolling on her the whole time. That is a non trivial amount of healing! (Hots tend to have the most Healing per Cast Time, but low Healing per Time) So if you can keep the renew/riptide up on the dragon the whole fight it will be a noticeable amount of healing.

We switched from 3 heals 2 tanks to 4 heals 1 tank (protadin went ret and retadin went holy). Put the hunter kiting the zombies to keep the raid damage from explosions down, and it suddenly just worked. That is, we'd gone for a while and wiped with her healed up to 75, maybe 80%, and then suddenly, we finished it easily.

I basically got nothing done this weekend; was involved with trying to get some sleep, failing, and then the great Wait Around; tried to get a Vault run yesterday, left after half an hour of trying to get a full 10-man. Went to my random. Tank goes offline. We get another one after more waiting... and the dps is terrible. So I started dpsing as I healed. No deaths, and pulled nearly 1k average. But much more frustrating to heal like that.

Another thing to bear in mind on Jaraxxus is that the portals and volcanoes always spawn to his left side - having your tank keep him still and facing the same direction for the whole duration of the fight makes things a lot easier.

This isnt true. They tend to spawn on his left side very often, but do spawn in other places.

How we handle it is, pop cooldowns for first portal and bloodlust on the second. We dont do anything special for the volcano other than dps it down asap.

We 2 healed, one tanked Valithria in 10 man last night. I was the one tank, I've never soloed tanked that before and it was a lot of fun. We had a really sweet husband and wife pair fill our last two spots because we were missing two regulars. They wiped us once each on Festergut and Valithria, but they were nice, polite, and owned up to their mistakes and fixed them immediately. Those are great qualities in pugs!

In 25 man, we cant down the Blood Queen. We just wipe and wipe and I dont really understand why. We can get her to 20% or so, but it seems like people are still just die on the transition after the air phase.

This isnt true. They tend to spawn on his left side very often, but do spawn in other places.

How we handle it is, pop cooldowns for first portal and bloodlust on the second. We dont do anything special for the volcano other than dps it down asap.

It is true - it just occasionally sucks. They always spawn in a certain place relative to LJ. The problem is that they can do so while he's spinning around and casting his random shitty spells, which means that those can move around.

It seems like everyone here has a different setup for Valithria. We've been doing 2 tanks and 3 healers. Send two of the healers into the portals, keep everyone else out. If the portal healers do it right you're getting up to like +300% heals and the last 1 million go really quickly.

More Sindragosa last night. Our best was 18%. I did not feel like we were getting very close to getting the hang of phase 3. Also I think we are going to run into enrage timer problems. Wowhead claims you should only need two air phases, but I don't see how that is possible for us. The best we managed was getting to about 42% when she lifts off the third time, and that was with using BL there. I guess to some extent we need to gear/skill up to beat that, although having done Festergut, Putricide and Blood Queen I feel like we've probably passed the gear checks that upper ICC has to offer - just a matter of learning these particular fight mechanics.

It seems like everyone here has a different setup for Valithria. We've been doing 2 tanks and 3 healers. Send two of the healers into the portals, keep everyone else out. If the portal healers do it right you're getting up to like +300% heals and the last 1 million go really quickly.

More Sindragosa last night. Our best was 18%. I did not feel like we were getting very close to getting the hang of phase 3. Also I think we are going to run into enrage timer problems. Wowhead claims you should only need two air phases, but I don't see how that is possible for us. The best we managed was getting to about 42% when she lifts off the third time, and that was with using BL there. I guess to some extent we need to gear/skill up to beat that, although having done Festergut, Putricide and Blood Queen I feel like we've probably passed the gear checks that upper ICC has to offer - just a matter of learning these particular fight mechanics.

was everyone still up at the 42% or are you losing people to the icy grasp?

finally got into a 10 man ICC as ret - pretty much rolled through until we hit Sindy and then problems started. twice I got targeted for the ph3 ice block, but got no notification - no DBM warning, nothing on my character showing, only way I found out was having someone else tell me. found out my combat log wasn't recording, so no warnings were coming up. logged out, logged in and everything reset. I think we wiped once more due to unlucky RNG, but then got it next time - and it was the weekly so we had to do the channeling thingie on top. LK kicked our butts though - not sure why, everyone has been in the 25 but for some reason the add spawn in the .5 phase was owning us.

schizophrenic night on LK. had a couple strong attempts getting down into the 40's and one that got into the next transition, but sometimes we'd have people getting gibbed in the first transition phase. Defile still catches us as well, but we are getting better at it. As long as we don't lose out what we gained this week, I think we have a strong shot at it this reset.

after that I queued for the random and got HoR. group seemed nice, though a little uncoordinated. after the first wave someone started looting and up pops a battered hilt. hit need and roll 100, sweet! so at least I'll be able to recoop some of what I spent to get the saronite for Shadows Edge. seen someone randomly spamming /2 saying that wtb a hilt for 9.5k - so I'll hold on to it and as we get closer to the weekend either go AH or see if those offers start cropping up

schizophrenic night on LK. had a couple strong attempts getting down into the 40's and one that got into the next transition, but sometimes we'd have people getting gibbed in the first transition phase. Defile still catches us as well, but we are getting better at it. As long as we don't lose out what we gained this week, I think we have a strong shot at it this reset.

after that I queued for the random and got HoR. group seemed nice, though a little uncoordinated. after the first wave someone started looting and up pops a battered hilt. hit need and roll 100, sweet! so at least I'll be able to recoop some of what I spent to get the saronite for Shadows Edge. seen someone randomly spamming /2 saying that wtb a hilt for 9.5k - so I'll hold on to it and as we get closer to the weekend either go AH or see if those offers start cropping up

Nice.

I am incredibly glad the tank in my random was heavily overgeared, because I was too tired to do a good job healing. He died because I forgot to follow him up the stairs. Then I died because I decided to stand in Skadi's whirlwind. Oh well. This is why you shouldn't play WoW when exhausted out of your mind.

Going for The Insane?

Indeed, and I've barely even begun. Thankfully I've got two Insane guildies giving me advice and offering to help me out with Decks and Librams that they have left over.

I've only got the proper Bloodsail rep so far, but I know my determination will kick in once I've got some proper play time.

Indeed, and I've barely even begun. Thankfully I've got two Insane guildies giving me advice and offering to help me out with Decks and Librams that they have left over.

I've only got the proper Bloodsail rep so far, but I know my determination will kick in once I've got some proper play time.

Thats just crazy!

10 man cleared up to LK last night, went pretty smoothly except for a couple wipes on Sindy. Was a really buggy fight- I'd say 75% of the time the icy grasp was being resisted/missed/forgot to get used; stacks weren't dropping off after getting behind the ice blocks...just weird stuff. and RNG sucks...not one piece of plate dropped, so with 4 pallys, a DK & a warrior lots of stuff was going for vendor spec. tanking sword dropped off of putricide but lost the roll on it.

We wiped about 6 times on Purtricide last night before moving on. I think about half of that was trying to so some weird requirement for the shadowmourn quest where our abom wasn't allowed to slow a green ooze? The other half was do to DC's. Was anyone elses server particularly unstable last night? Me and our tree got booted 6ish times each. Our other priest managed to wipe the raid when he DC'ed on Putricide and a Orange gas just walked right over to him.

Damn Blizzard! They give us a 5% damage buff then add DCs to the fight mechanics of all the bosses. Bleh.

On the plus side I got a brand new ring off of lady Deathwhisper, my Exalted Ashen Verdict rep ring, AND Althor's Abacus, for the grand total of 11 DKP. So I still have 300 DKP to spend. Thank god my guild leaders are all math nubs and didn't want to work an exponential decay into our DKP system. How would I spend all those point I earned for downing Yogg this Summer otherwise? :laugh:

Well... Yes and no.

Raiders always bid over recruits, so anything truly great will get taken before a recruit gets a chance. Meanwhile during the 3-4 week probation they are accumulating DKP the whole time, so when they get in they'll probably have more than the current raiders to spend.

We have tons of DKP though, the Conqueror token that dropped last night went for 287, the Vanquisher for about 215. So there is quite a bit of turnover. What was impressive was that Althor's Abacus and the ring went to recruit's in the first place. I bid 200 DKP on it, only paid 6 though.

So yes it is unfair for sure, but doesn't suck as bad as you might think.

Archived