The Rhaegar + Lyanna = Jon thread, Part VIII

Lady Blackfish

That , or the fact that plowing Lyanna was probably much more fun then getting your head bashed in by Robert Baratheon.

Nah, Rhaegar seems like the sorta dude who wouldn't put Boning > Realm/House, but if he thought that Boning = Saving the Realm, I can see him spending two-three months down South trying to get Lyanna pregnant before he heads north. I don't have a timeline though, of how long Rhaegar was in the South, but if GRRM planned it out well-enough, it might work out to Rhaegar heads north as soon as Lyanna reaches the point in pregnancy where she is visibly pregnant.

Nah, Rhaegar seems like the sorta dude who wouldn't put Boning > Realm/House, but if he thought that Boning = Saving the Realm, I can see him spending two-three months down South trying to get Lyanna pregnant before he heads north. I don't have a timeline though, of how long Rhaegar was in the South, but if GRRM planned it out well-enough, it might work out to Rhaegar heads north as soon as Lyanna reaches the point in pregnancy where she is visibly pregnant.

HE probably thinks that getting her with child is the way to fulfill the prophecy!

Assuming, of course, the truth in L+R=J.

Did Martin give us, in any place, a description of baby Aegon? Like his hair color and eyes?

And, a little off topic, but does anyone have a felling (like me) that Littlefinger wants to leave the 7 realms in chaos to help the Others when they come?

Did Martin give us, in any place, a description of baby Aegon? Like his hair color and eyes?

No I don't believe so. I suppose it's reasonable he would have some Targaryen features and maybe some from

Elia Martell. I'm not sure if Elia gets a description but I suppose it's likely she's a bit like her brother Oberyn who is described as having black hair with a few silver streaks (assumed from age?) in a widows peak with thin eyebrows and black eyes and a sharp nose.

And, a little off topic, but does anyone have a felling (like me) that Littlefinger wants to leave the 7 realms in chaos to help the Others when they come?

Erm.. no.

Baelish may be good at the game of thrones but I can't help but feel he's going to be over his head in the supernatural battle.

I do believe in the R+L=J but i think that is possible that even prince Rhaegar being a honest dude and all that, that Lyanna was not willing to go to the bed with him.

And Rhaegar forced her to fulfill the prophecy.

Even if was rape, Lyanna would still want to protect her baby, a mothers love is not dependent on the father.

And the fact that she knows that Robert was a whoremonger is not prof that she did not love him.

I just saying that the possibility's (to me) are possible, that she was in love with Rhaegar or that it was rape.

(Sorry for the wrong tipping of names but I'm awful at this.)

Is there even anyone alive who still knows the truth? Nobody could confirm it anyway and Jon looks like a Stark too.

I would laugh after all this speculation that Jon is just a regular bastard and this was all a red herring.

Howland Reed.

And probably his children.

Don't forget about Barristan Selmy. He may not know everything but I would not be surprised if he could fill in some more of the puzzle pieces surrounding the R+L=J question.

Barristan FTW

I agree that R+L=J is probably correct, but what about the Warg factor? Would Lyanna be able to pass on the same supernatural abilites as Ned??

I agree that R+L=J is probably correct, but what about the Warg factor? Would Lyanna be able to pass on the same supernatural abilites as Ned??

If the ability to warg needed to have been passed down from Ned, then Ned had to get that from his father; who could also have passed that trait to his daughter Lyanna.

If the ability to warg needed to have been passed down from Ned, then Ned had to get that from his father; who could also have passed that trait to his daughter Lyanna.

But who has said that only Starks can be wargs? Some of the Wildling are warg!! This is not a genetic ability, I think that it involves the old gods, that's why there are no wargs in the south.

But who has said that only Starks can be wargs? Some of the Wildling are warg!! This is not a genetic ability, I think that it involves the old gods, that's why there are no wargs in the south.

Confalume proposed that only Starks could be wargs.

I'm not certain that there are no wargs in the south. We have seen wargs only in the north, but that might not mean that couldn't be any in the south. It is entirely possible that the old gods are instrumental in the ability to warg. The old gods have power, but so does R'holler and so do the Seven.

Is there even anyone alive who still knows the truth? Nobody could confirm it anyway and Jon looks like a Stark too.

I would laugh after all this speculation that Jon is just a regular bastard and this was all a red herring.

"They" who found Ned holding Lyanna's hand when she died. Ned remembers when "they" found him, so there was probably someone other than Howland Reed left at the ToJ.

Archived