Football XX

Black Wizard

Any Leicester fans?

The pain of losing play-offs is absolutely sickening. After a long hard season and you get yourself in a good position, you lose to some stupid miss. Absolutely horrible feeling.

Charlton and Crystal Palace are two of the worst feelings I've ever felt as a fan.

Danny Murphy had an awful game, if you ask me. What best summed up his performance was during the extra-time play, he found himself in a deep position and instead of turning and passing the ball to someone, he just passed the ball out. Mark Schwarzer, rightly, gave him a chewing off for it.

Bloody Forlan. Hard luck Fulham, time is basically up.

Forlan paid for my first drink by scoring the first goal, so it's not all bad. :P

First part is over. Now they need to see off Blackpool. Surprised they beat a (reasonably) strong Nottm Forest side. I'd fancy Blackpool to win the final.

Who would you rather win: Cardiff with ex-Rangers players Ross McCormack and Chris Burke, although ex-Celtic goalkeeper David Marshall is at Cardiff as well; or Blackpool with ex-Rangrs player Charlie Adam. :P

I was able to watch both matches in the pub last night, with the UEFA Cup final on the big screen and the play-off semi on the wee screen in the corner. It was way too tense with both matches going to extra-time.

I want Blackpool to win if only because it's the only way we'll score more than 2 goals in a game next season. And I hate Cardiff with the firey passion of a thousand burning suns.

N

Forlan paid for my first drink by scoring the first goal, so it's not all bad. :P

Who would you rather win: Cardiff with ex-Rangers players Ross McCormack and Chris Burke, although ex-Celtic goalkeeper David Marshall is at Cardiff as well; or Blackpool with ex-Rangrs player Charlie Adam. :P

You're forgetting Stephen Crainey.

Fulham finished above Burnley. I think they would have been in line for it - Burnley would have been in line if Fulham had won the EURO Cup, I think?

It was just a thought. I was wrong.

Yeah. Sweden, Denmark and Finland are the top three in this season's fair play ranking.

Some sort of Scandanavian conspiracy there.

I'm getting nervous about the Scottish Cup final now, and I'm not even going. I was hoping to make the trip but my friend is working so it's BBC 1 again this year. Between the two team, more than 40,000 tickets have been sold for the final, a staggering figure considering that the population of Dingwall is 5,000 and that for previous finals Dundee United have been given an insultingly low allocation of tickets - half the stadium will be orange. :blink: Hopefully United won't go into the match with the same attitude that Celtic and Hibernian had, but I think they'll have been well warned by Peter Houston not to take Ross County lightly.

Some sort of Scandanavian conspiracy there.

I think it's mostly down to the type of referring. I don't watch any Scandanavian football, but I'd imagine the mentality is similar to how it is in Britain. Some of the shit the referees in Spain, for example, let fly is utterly ridiculous. The players do not help the problem, either, and it's why managers like Rafa Benitez and Wenger complain about giving the players 'protection'. Since when did it say a referee was supposed to fulfil that requirement?

I think it's mostly down to the type of referring. I don't watch any Scandanavian football, but I'd imagine the mentality is similar to how it is in Britain. Some of the shit the referees in Spain, for example, let fly is utterly ridiculous. The players do not help the problem, either, and it's why managers like Rafa Benitez and Wenger complain about giving the players 'protection'. Since when did it say a referee was supposed to fulfil that requirement?

Huh? The UEFA ranking is about what happens during European games (including internationals). The criteria are mentioned in the article:

The Fair Play assessments are made by the official UEFA delegates on criteria such as positive play, respect of the opponent, respect of the referee, behaviour of the crowd and team officials, as well as cautions and dismissals.

Archived