Characters encountered in the series that no one hates

arek

SuperTrout to the rescue!

The Blackfish MAY have said those things about Jon because he wanted to lead Jaime off-track.

Otherwise he might have said it because he's heard only his beloved niece's opinion, and having never met Jon in person (?) he can't know better. It's not his fault. Though he might be a bit more open-minded, but he's a stubborn old trout. He would be more open-minded if he's really gay, and aware that people aren't always what they seem. He's a mystery. That's why I like him.

Leaving his post as Guardian of the Bloody Gate seems to me just bad writing (sorry, George). I'd have expected at least a confrontation scene with Lysa, and instead we got nothing, just a hurried change of loyalty from one niece to the other. Without knowing what actually happened, I can't judge his behaviour.

I did dislike his fleeing Riverrun instead of Edmure, though I like the idea of a Blackfish at large more than I like the idea of an Edmure at large. (I do like Edmure, he's just... Edmure.)

In my mind, Brynden is a man who broke a lot of oaths in his long life, and feels the weight and the guilt of each. But this is for the mind-readers on this board. :D

Getting back on topic, I don't hate any of the characters in the first list, but I agree it might be because some of them are very minor characters.

I do have characters I hate with a passion and would like to see dead as soon as possible, but I try not to think about them because my approach to ASOIAF is more about love, not hate. Don't want to sound self-righteous, it's just that love makes me feel better than hate. This is said with a couple of strong ales in my stomach. :D

The Lord Commander's raven. If you want, you can see profundity in its one-word monologues, kind of like the chorus in a Greek tragedy giving the audience a running commentary on the characters. Repeating the last word somebody says emphasizes it nicely, too.

Honestly, I can't remember much about the raven besides the "repeating one word" loudly and creepily. When I reread I'll check to see what sort of insightful commentary can be communicated by a talking bird.

Hey!!!

Thats the mother of my future children you're talking about. (my real son already has a mother, thank you)

Be respectful!!!!

:D

Very well. In courtesy to the future dam of little dolouresseddwasright-ites, I will be respectful. After all, I think I'd like to have a hundred babies by Edmure Tully, even though they'd probably be stocky, red-haired vessels of physical hotness yet rather dim ;)

Very well. In courtesy to the future dam of little dolouresseddwasright-ites, I will be respectful. After all, I think I'd like to have a hundred babies by Edmure Tully, even though they'd probably be stocky, red-haired vessels of physical hotness yet rather dim ;)

You have my complete support! We need Tully heirs :D

At least they'd have chins, though. :D

Does anyone actually hate Bran? I mean he's not always the sharpest night in the drawer, and he has made a few dumb decisions, but I can't really see him as hate worthy.

Of course he is probably the only POV we could even attempt to have this conversation about.

Does anyone actually hate Bran? I mean he's not always the sharpest night in the drawer, and he has made a few dumb decisions, but I can't really see him as hate worthy.

Of course he is probably the only POV we could even attempt to have this conversation about.

Unfortunately, I know of at least one boarder who hates Bran. Which I don't understand, he's such a sweet kid.

Which reminds me, are there any Frey's that nobody hates?

Most of them suck.

I felt bad for Merret Frey, as he was such a sad-sack and had such awful luck his entire life. Then got wounded and (possibly) brain damaged and became a drunk. Poor bastard.

Cleos wasn't too annoying, although his involvement was all prior to the Frey's switching sides, so he was technically a "good guy". He was pretty cowardly from what I remember, which can be an endearing trait (like with Shaggy and Scooby) when it's not in a main character at least.

But no, Edd, most Frey's can suck it.

EDIT: Just saw Alexia's above post: How can anyone hate Bran?

That's like someone who hates puppies or kittens...or Tiny Tim.

( ;) What? Too soon? )

EDIT: Just saw Alexia's above post: How can anyone hate Bran?

That's like someone who hates puppies or kittens...or Tiny Tim.

( ;) What? Too soon? )

You really want to know? You sure?

The boarder hates him because he says Bran whines too much.

Unfortunately, I know of at least one boarder who hates Bran. Which I don't understand, he's such a sweet kid.

He's annoying, yes, but not all the time. His wolf isn't a pain in the ass either, unlike Shaggy.

Rickon, on the other hand.......sometimes I think that little brat is channeling Sweetrobin.

'Nimble' Dick Crabb.

Full of himself and his (questionable) family history, and he leads Brienne right into the Mummers. On the other hand, he's not really important enough to hate. No doubt he's had a hard life as well. I mean, this is Dick Crabb: what can you really do to this guy that his parents didn't when they named him?

Rickon, on the other hand.......sometimes I think that little brat is channeling Sweetrobin.

What's wrong with Rickon? He's a scared baby who lost his entire family and reacted accordingly.

And I've always felt sorry for the Sweetrobin too. I hope Bronze Yohn gets him...

Archived