Characters encountered in the series that no one hates

arek

What??? :o

Imagine we had a Melisandre POV instead. Davos would just be another scheming, backstabbing opponent, much like maester Cressen. Ambitious, places his children high in Stannis’s hierarchy, upjumped former criminal, illiterate, constantly conspiring Mel’s plans just out of spite – think how unfavourable people like Janos Slynt or Littlefinger appear in Tyrion’s POVs.

Imagine we had a Melisandre POV instead. Davos would just be another scheming, backstabbing opponent, much like maester Cressen. Ambitious, places his children high in Stannis’s hierarchy, upjumped former criminal, illiterate, constantly conspiring Mel’s plans just out of spite – think how unfavourable people like Janos Slynt or Littlefinger appear in Tyrion’s POVs.

Right, sorry I read that completely out of context and was therefore quite puzzled.

However, Melisandre doesn't seem that put out by Davos scheming to kill her, if she did surely he'd be dead. I'm not entirely sure seeing Janos Slynt's POV would make him appear more favourable either, it certainly didn't work for Cersei.

Septon Meribald

Just for the sake of arguments.

As per his self confessions - Septon Meribald had been a wicked man, before he threw away his shoes. (That might of course be and most probably was exaggeration on his part.)

The fact we never witnessed his <many sins> or how much weak his flesh exactly could run, definitely contributes for he is being accepted as a sympathetic personage to all the readers. (Saying nothing about that his wisdom seems to match Maester Aemon*s).

I am even afraid that his dog is not so innocent and nice. Dog had reportedly cut the throats of many poor wolves whose only sin was that they had been hungry like wolves. And I happen to be fond of wolves (and dogs).

What about Ser Barristan Selmy? I've yet to see anyone openly say that they dislike him on the forums.

Actually several people have been ripping on him quite a bit lately...guy goes through kings like they're going out of style, and cares more about having a white cloak than any aspect whatsoever of justice, morality or loyalty.

So, according to some boarders, the moral of the story is everyone from someone's perspective is a bastard?

Works for me, thank the lord you can't see into my head. :uhoh:

*Attempting to peek into Wendy the White Fawn's head*

Curses, foiled again. :D

Most of the Night's Watch grunts seem all right, by the time they finish training. The harper kid turned out to be a prick: but then again, he did get shafted pretty good when they sent him to the wall.

I'm sure the Wildings just love them, though.

Podrick Payne

Quaithe

Lord Commander Mormont (though plenty of his troops hated him)

That guy from the Dornish Marches Jon offers some new gloves

Alleras

Mya Stone

Ghost

Edric Storm (hell, all of Roberts bastards seem all right so far)

Shireen

Buckethead (Patchface?)

Summer

Grey Wind

Nymeria

Qhorin Halfhand

Quentyn Martell

Seems like anyone who doesn't stick around long could get off light, as long as they are in no way associated with Harrenhall or King's Landing.

Does anyone hate the Blackfish?

Hey, Brynden gets enough flack for bullying his nephew for no good reason. Hating on Marty Stus got nothing to do with it.

Mya Stone does seem to be quite alright.

Davos is imho the only thoroughly decent POV character.

And come on, Tommen is one sweet kid. Good thing Cersei was too busy doting over Joffrey...

Guest Other-in-Law

He’s says mean things about Jon. Automatic, grade-A hatred.

I strongly suspect him of oathbreaking wrt his abandonment of his office of Knight of the Bloody Gate (he even got a formal title, seems quite possible he swore an oath to the Arryns), and therefore of supreme hypocrisy for his attitude toward Jaime's oathbreaking. In fact, he kind of gets that no matter what, for his treason against the Targaryens. Rebels who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones.

No, sorry, I hate Hodor a little bit. Not all the time, but he did crack Bran's head pretty good on a door frame when he went running towards the smell of fresh bread. Talk about inconsiderate.

He also frequently shows up naked with children present.

For his own sick pleasure? Your words, not mine.

You like him because you’re in his head.

Davos tries to kill Melisandre because he is jealous of the influence she holds over Stannis, and disagrees with her, politically and theologically. Davos is somewhere between religious nutcase and incompetent murderer.

I know I shouldn't bite, but didn't Davos try to kill Melisandre because he thought she was responsible for the wildfire that killed his sons?

On topic, everyone likes Quorin Halfhand right?

Archived