Cricket X

Jeor

Disgrace

See, this is what happens when you play an Aussie team comprised solely of Vics and New South Welshmen. The Australian economy isn't the only thing that WA props up. Hope the selectors have learned their lesson. :smoking:

@Rimmer: hmm...I'll have to keep an eye out for Bennett. His record doesn't look great after 33 first-class matches, but he's only 23 I suppose.

@che-loba: :bowdown: Abdul Razzaq. The sheer brutality of that innings was truly something to behold. Classic ODI knock. Meanwhile, SA must be wondering how you lose a cricket match with the opposition requiring 12+ runs per over and having only a couple of wickets in hand.

:bowdown: Abdul Razzaq. The sheer brutality of that innings was truly something to behold. Classic ODI knock. Meanwhile, SA must be wondering how you lose a cricket match with the opposition requiring 12+ runs per over and having only a couple of wickets in hand.

"Chokers" :shocked:

(eta-capitals!

"Chokers" :shocked:

(eta-capitals!

Great to see Razzaq get a century, I thought he was definitely over the hill (and he probably still is) but this proves he still has some gas left in the tank. He always seems a bits and pieces player who Pakistan didn't know quite how to use (first change bowler, old ball bowler, fifth bowler, slogger down the order, conservative opening batsman, blocker, etc). Slogger seems like a good place for him nowadays. His bowling isn't all that great but he's a handy ODI (and Twenty20) player to have around.

SL in tatters- 6/86- ouch

But look! This is fantastic partnership between Matthews and Malinga, a record for the 9th wicket for Sri Lanka in ODIs.

Even though I'm an Aussie I hope they make it. It would be such a shame to put together an unexpected partnership like this and have it go to waste. Still the Aussies have to feel a single wicket is enough, Murali at No. 11 is not the most reliable batsman in the world.

The SL Phoenix rises!

:fencing: :bowdown:

Great stuff, well done to Malinga and Matthews.

This isn't the first time Australia's lost another game that was there for the taking, clearly over the last couple fo years the Australian team has lost that killer edge. In the past with Steve Waugh's sides you could be pretty confident that Australia would not throw away leading the game by so much, and even if it did get to a tight contest they were pretty good at winning the majority of them. Now, unfortunately for Australia, they seem to lose all the tight matches and allow teams back into it.

Good news for England, not so for Australia...

Its probably because Australia doesn't have champion players anymore, merely great cricketers who if the opposition is fighting hard can beat them, like last night with the superlative batting performance of Mathews and Malinga.

Not having a recognised top class spinner will really hurt Australia in the future but it will be a long time before one emerges who is in the league of Warne, MacGill and Hogg. At the moment Hauritz is the best of the second stringers.

Same as my last post,

Disgrace

Despite the Aussies recent inability to put teams away i thought it was safe to go to bed when we had em at 8 for 110ish. Clearly wrong, I seriously thought my housemate was pulling my leg in the morning when he told me we lost. Well done to the Lankans, brilliant batting performance from Mathews and Malinga, but seriously WTF??? Even if we havn't got champion bowlers anymore surely they can perform better than that. Grrrrrr, could be a long summer ahead (even the Vics are losing games they should win (double Grrrrrrr Grrrrrr)).

See, this is what happens when you play an Aussie team comprised solely of Vics and New South Welshmen. The Australian economy isn't the only thing that WA props up.

If they would pick the right Victorians i.e. Brad Hodge and D. Hussey then there might be less of a problem.

There was a great article in The Age today suggesting that the apparent heir apparant for the test captainancy is not proving too popular amoungst some of the senior players and that Marcus North could infact be shaping up to be the next test captain. I think Clark is a whinging little ponce who's form isn't any better than North's, yet all the talk is about North's form. If my man Simon Katich doesn't like him than I dont either :P

Archived