ztemhead

An exchange from work on this very night:

DUMBASS: "Take me to 24th and Blake."

YOUR DRIVER: "You have cash, right?"

DA: "No. Why?"

YD: "Because I'm not going to drive you four blocks for plastic, sorry."

DA: "What kind of cab driver are you!?"

YD: "The kind who doesn't like to get screwed. Get out of the cab, please."

indeed. take 5% off my pay AND add another five minutes onto your ride while I transmit your cc info?

Sadly when I was driving the cab, denying to drive someone could get me reported. We did have a $10 minimum however.

Breezy did bring cash yesterday, and I got away with a rare date-day going dutch. She's training up well.

I really like this idea. Of course some people get all pissed off if you write on them - which will make this exercise EVEN MORE enjoyable.

Nice to see you back btw

Lovely Isis, thank you for the warm welcome back. I'm glad that you caught on quickly and enjoy my sharpie idea. :love:

Holy fucking shit Spake is back and I was not Informed. Welcome back dude. :)

El-Ahrairah get the fuck out and don't come back til you aren't incredibly creepy.

Ini my trout, your enthusiasm is appreciated. Next time you will get the memo. For future reference, the memo will always mean "Go fuck yourself!". On rare occasions, the memo means, "Lets get out of here and grab a beer.". Glad to see that you are still whoring it up around here. :bowdown:

I'm a mostly pay with debit as I find it easier in most cases, with Tim Horton's finally accepting debit it is even better now..

Tim Hortons accepting Debit is the worst invention in the history of inventions. The already horrendous lines are now horrendously longer. Ugh. You can't bring $1.58 to buy a coffee? Jeez.

Wow, lots of Valley folk in this thread who would have known? 20 years in the 'prior personally.

Erg, shouldn't have ignored this one. G'day Myiagros, it's great to hear that someone else from town has made it onto this board. I don't have anything rude to say to you yet, but I'm sure that will change shortly. Now I'm feeling like I should go to the book store and reserve a copy of ADwD, just to ensure that you don't steal my copy.

Huh, Spake is back. That sonofabitch still owes me a handjob and some shrooms. Welcome back whoreface.

Apparently nobody has sent you the memo today, Dub. As much as I'm sure everyone would love to hear the story of how I owe my internet girlfriend a handjob and some shrooms, this thread is not that time or place. Next time you come back to Canada, make sure you bring someone who will punch me in the face. I deserve it. Glad to see time hasn't made you any less of an assclown.

:lol: I just love the way the board population shows its affection. Welcome back, Spake. :)

I love the same thing, as it played a major part in my return. I also don't have anything terrible to say to you Aoife, as I remember most of our interactions being quite pleasant. Thanks for the kindness and I hope that everything is right in your world.

Bale!!!!! hahaha. Now I'm probably going to get myself in trouble for saying this, but one of the best Don'tfuckwith attitudes on the board right here. And the kind of lass that can keep a Canadian boy warm in March, just by calling out his name. Thanks for the attention. :D

Bale!!!!! hahaha. Now I'm probably going to get myself in trouble for saying this, but one of the best Don'tfuckwith attitudes on the board right here. And the kind of lass that can keep a Canadian boy warm in March, just by calling out his name. Thanks for the attention. :D

<tackles>

The warm feeling's mutual, old friend. :D

Holy fucking shit Spake is back and I was not Informed. Welcome back dude. :)

El-Ahrairah get the fuck out and don't come back til you aren't incredibly creepy.

:lol:

Welcome back, Kelso. Five years in the desert, you errant bastard. :) (I swear I am not Yagathai. At least, I don't think so....)

Ahhhhhh the friendly Mya. I can see that you have sent me a note, so I will save all your verbal abuse for my reply there. There is something odd/wonderful about having everyone just scream out my name. The love is appreciated though. :cool4:

It wasn't my original intent to hijack this thread, Malt. But considering that I didn't feel like starting an attention-whore thread about my return, it seems we'll just have to deal with it. I look forward to having you make me look stupid all over the board, in the not to distant future... you ass! :dunce:

I'm not catching on to why I would confuse you with Yags, Xray. Though I can see from your position of authority around here that you've been bunking with all the right people and I probably shouldn't suggest that you've been bunking around, if I know what's good for me. :cheers:

Coco, I hope that you aren't hoping for the same sort of flirtations that I sent Bale's way, with that lazy post of yours. You're probably just mad because I didn't wait to call you my internet girlfriend. I don't know if I ever thanked you for the rebuttal letter concerning Islam that you wrote up for me all those years ago, so thank you. I look forward to making you look stupid all over the board, in the not to distant future ....you nerd! :hat:

Emotes are fun. I had forgotten.

hey Kelso, nice to see you back :)

(I swear I am not Yagathai. At least, I don't think so....)

This seems like a good time to tell you that your av throws me every time I see it. :P

Having had to take cabs a couple of times lately, I've found the whole process much easier with cash. And I thought of this thread as I pulled money out of the ATM beforehand, too. yay me.

I took a cab the other day, and I had cash with me, but you know cash from ATMs only comes in $20 increments. So the cab ride total ended up being $20.80, and the cabbie didn't have more than $10 in change. So he ended up just taking $20. I felt pretty bad, but in the end I'm poor enough that I couldn't afford to give him $40.

At the risk of sounding like a dick, that's kind of on him. If you expect cash and can't break a 20, it's unreasonable.

My preference is to pay the fare w/ credit card and tip cash, b/c credit card makes the personal accounting a lot easier, and because I don't really like spending large chunks of cash at at a time if it's avoidable.

At the risk of sounding like a dick, that's kind of on him. If you expect cash and can't break a 20, it's unreasonable.

No, you're right. Anybody who claims that they can't change a $20 in a cash business is either lying or not in possession of shit that is together.

My preference is to pay the fare w/ credit card and tip cash, b/c credit card makes the personal accounting a lot easier, and because I don't really like spending large chunks of cash at at a time if it's avoidable.

This only avoids one (the least sympathetic - tax evasion) of the problems I described upthread, from the perspective of the driver.

Well, I also overtip to compensate if I use a card, mostly based on what Ztem said earlier in the thread. But I may have missed the post, is the deal that you pay the company X for the privilege of using the cab while charging Y standard rate, and if a CC is used you get docked the transaction fee? 'Cause yeah, that is crummy; but I'm ok adding a little to the tip in order to still use the card guilt-free.

Well, I also overtip to compensate if I use a card, mostly based on what Ztem said earlier in the thread. But I may have missed the post, is the deal that you pay the company X for the privilege of using the cab while charging Y standard rate, and if a CC is used you get docked the transaction fee? 'Cause yeah, that is crummy; but I'm ok adding a little to the tip in order to still use the card guilt-free.

AmEx charges the company more than anybody else, about 1.5% IIRC. The company then turns around and charges me a full 5% to process it for me, pretty much because they can. This is, indeed, over and above what I pay for the cab.

Which is the least of my problems... An extra buck in the tip can soften the blow, but if there's another customer waiting on a ride in my zone or, as happened the other night, standing RIGHT FUCKING THERE glowering at me for five minutes and then flagging down another cab when I still hadn't finished processing the card yet, then the cost to me is anywhere from $3-$180 (the amounts of my shortest and longest trips ever).

Archived