The scene that you lose sleep.

julandro

What is the scene most liked about the series "Song of Ice and Fire"?

What scenes of the series want to see?

The Cersei and Lancel scene, clearly.

Although I'm surprised you're not more into the Cersei/Jaime thing, what with fucking like dogs on top of their child's grave, while Cersei has her period.

Am I the only one who thinks the whole 'Cersei and Lancel fucking like dogs' is being taken a bit too far? ^_^

☺ The Red Wedding is a scene I definitely would like to see on screen.

☻ Also the 'King in the North' scene.

☺ The Whispering Wood and the capturing of Jaime Lannister.

☻ The battle for King's Landing.

☺ A lot of scenes from the eventual second and third seasons that I'm going to mention when we know for sure there are going to be second and third seasons.

☻ Ned's last days and execution.

☺ Robert's last hunt. I hope they actually show it and don't just inform us of the reasons for his death, like Martin did in the books.

☻ The first appearance of Tywin Lannister; Tyrion's first battle; The war council.

To pick just one ... so difficult, but the birth of Dany's dragons. Not only is it a powerful scene (this from a non-Dany fan), it's probably the most intense CGI we will see in the first season. If they screw it up it will leave people with a bad taste in their mouth to complain about til the next season. If they pull it off, it will be epic.

To pick just one ... so difficult, but the birth of Dany's dragons. Not only is it a powerful scene (this from a non-Dany fan), it's probably the most intense CGI we will see in the first season. If they screw it up it will leave people with a bad taste in their mouth to complain about til the next season. If they pull it off, it will be epic.

i'm really dreading this scene, a 14 year old girl breastfeeding dragons is not my idea of a good time. though from reading julandro's posts so far i'm guessing that shit is right up his alley. he is my new favorite poster.

i'm really dreading this scene, a 14 year old girl breastfeeding dragons is not my idea of a good time. though from reading julandro's posts so far i'm guessing that shit is right up his alley.

What, since when does it involve Cersei, Lancel or dogs?

It's a really hard scene to pull off, since people find it inherently creepy when a naked, bald teenage girl breastfeeds dragons. But she has to be both naked and burned hairless for the scene to work, otherwise people will laugh.

Am I the only one who thinks the whole 'Cersei and Lancel fucking like dogs' is being taken a bit too far? ^_^

You aren't alone. I didn't find it funny or amusing or even shocking. Maybe I'm just too cynical these days :P

As far as scenes go, I was really hoping for some good flashbacks of Rhaegar - but there's been no casting for him yet, as far as I know : /

I am also looking forward to Viserys being crowned.

You aren't alone. I didn't find it funny or amusing or even shocking. Maybe I'm just too cynical these days :P

As far as scenes go, I was really hoping for some good flashbacks of Rhaegar - but there's been no casting for him yet, as far as I know : /

I am also looking forward to Viserys being crowned.

Oh yea the "crowning" will be great. I'm looking forward to the skycells, Jon's wight encounter, "The things I do for love", Ned's end, and of coarse Tyrion to Shagga "...what happened to the goats?"

i'm really dreading this scene, a 14 year old girl breastfeeding dragons is not my idea of a good time. though from reading julandro's posts so far i'm guessing that shit is right up his alley. he is my new favorite poster.

The whole breastfeeding bit will probably get axed since it really isn't necessary to the plot and is a fairly minor detail.

Ned's execution should be good. I can't wait to see my wife's reaction.

The Blackfish-Jaime dialog in front of Riverrun, if the series ever gets that far. NCW and whoever they cast as the Blackfish will have a lot of scenery to chew.

And on horseback, to boot. Though there are no dogs in sight.

Edited because grammar is your friend.

The subtle revelations about characters which are inner monologue. The first I can think of is Bran's outburst of love for Jon when he excludes himself from the list of children in the direwolf scene.

I'd like to see if they can cinematically portray these sorts of things without clunky dialogue. Or will a lot of the depth be sacrificed for dialogue that doesn't sound absolutely stupid.

"So yeah, how about that trident battle where I won my crown after that insane king killed your brother and father, Ned? Wasn't that crazy? Anyway, what were you talking about?"

Also, I lose sleep over the fact that this series may look silly as HELL and be relegated to Legend of the Seeker type stuff. Nobody wants another Hercules or Xena. We want a Sopranos in the middle ages.

Basically, that first episode NEEDS to establish a bloody tone or it won't be compelling. What'll the hook be? Drama over pets and squabbles between kids? The more I think about it, the more I realize the beginning of the first book is sparse if you're looking for riveting television. It's more of a subtle build-up that really only turns truly intriguing when Tyrion is kidnapped and then becomes an inferno when Ned is finished.

AGOT needs to at once be true to the books and not be portrayed as same old, derivative fantasy that the mainstream is so accustomed to seeing. There were parts of the trailer that didn't alleviate the latter.

Essentially, I want this to be something where if I bring it up with my friends they don't go, "oh that was boring/stupid" because I can TOTALLY see it being that if not done right, like really easily.

Like, I'd be satisfied if the 'thrilling ending' of the first episode is Bran being thrown out the window. But what's the next one? These are interesting dillemas I think.

the first episode should end with "the things i do for love" scene. i think once that happens it will let the viewer know this isn't your average fantasy. The second episode could end with Ned killing Lady perhaps? I don't remember how far along that happens though.

Archived