College Basketball 2010-2011 and Tourney

Rhom

Buffalo lost, so no hope for their first dance. Guess its time to just start rooting for every underdog I see, and extra hard for whoever is playing Duke or UNC.

I was in the middle of posting something sad before I realized we (Va Tech) won.

Fla St was down by one, shot in the last second, went in, they thought that they had won - but in the replay, the shot clock had run out - it was extremely close. We turned off the TV right as soon as the shot went on, but a few minutes later, we saw the result online.

At any rate, it doesn't affect Fla St's bracket at all and it probably will have an impact on our chances. It was a terrible game on both sides though. We play Duke again tomorrow and probably have a decent chance as every game is important to us right now and Smith was injured today - I would think it would behoove them to let him recover until it matters.

We play Duke again tomorrow and probably have a decent chance as every game is important to us right now and Smith was injured today - I would think it would behoove them to let him recover until it matters.

I have yet to read anything about the extent of his injury? Are we talking "Kenyon Martin ruining Cincinatti's season" bad? Or are we talking "I'll be back next week" bad?

I have yet to read anything about the extent of his injury? Are we talking "Kenyon Martin ruining Cincinatti's season" bad? Or are we talking "I'll be back next week" bad?

Haven't seen anything substantial except that he didn't practice Friday night and probably won't play the rest of the ACC. Not neccessarily indicative that he won't be back though.

They still have the potential to crush us but no reason to risk injury, but we only have six players and losing to Duke probably won't change if we get in, so I'm interested to see if either team is that aggressive today.

I guess our question about Nolan's injury has been answered. Unfortunately for Kentucky and our six man rotation; looks like Doron Lamb will be out for tomorrow's championship against Florida. Sucks. UK was up by almost 20 with two minutes to play and DeAndre Liggins had just gone out with an ankle sprain too. We'll see what happens tomorrow.

A lot of good games played today with a lot of unlikely finishes. I still can't believe the turnaround from UNC. Harrison Barnes is a totally different player than the kid that started the year.

I went to bed last night after nodding off a few times during the ND/UofL game. The Irish were safely up 10 points all night long. My first patient of the morning had to break it to me that Pitino won!!! Kemba Walker has been on a major roll, but I just don't see how he can keep up that level of play for a fifth night in a row. We'll see what happens in about 30 minutes though.

fun games today, Akron and Princeton last second and Dawgs going OT with Zona.

Felt bad for the smart kids from Harvard today.

Helluva ending to UW/UA. Chalk Isaih Thomas up there with Walker, Barnes, Freddete and others putting up stellar games this weekend.

Yeah, it was a great game all the way. Both teams looked like they had it wrapped up at different times but saw the other team hit big shots to keep it alive. It looks unlikely that the Pac-10 is going to get a 4th team in, so it's these two plus UCLA.

Lunardi still thinks USC gets in.

:dunno:

Hopefully we will see more of these last second games in the tourney this year. I do not recall a lot of the last year.

With no clearly dominant teams this year, I think it sets up to have some fantastic games not just in the early rounds; but all the way through.

Wait... seriously????? As I type this, UConn is being introduced to Biggy?

Shocked that UConn won the Big East tournament, but good for them.

Glad to see VT play like the classless thugs that they are in all sports. Tonight, with at least two garbage intentional fouls, with the ball in the face, then the elbow in the face. Way to lose with grace Chokies. Still taking a page from the Vick book of sportsmanship I see. :lol:

ETA - Rhom, I can't read any of your posts without looking at your avatar and thinking... awwwwww. Cute kid, man.

wow...thankfully that three missed...could have been down to 7, back at the other end Singler hits and its up to 13......deep breathes...

edit: and done....

except for going flat for 2 min in each half, liked what I saw out of the Dukies today. Course, those two minutes come a couple weeks could be the difference between moving on and summer vacation. definitely need to do a better job off the boards - Henson with 18 for NC isn't a good thing to see.

wow...thankfully that three missed...could have been down to 7, back at the other end Singler hits and its up to 13......deep breathes...

I beg your pardon. :P That sucked. Plain and simple. Just sucked. The whole thing was just painful to watch. Bah!

Rah Rah Carolina-lina, my @ss. Pffft.

I beg your pardon. :P That sucked. Plain and simple. Just sucked. The whole thing was just painful to watch. Bah!

Rah Rah Carolina-lina, my @ss. Pffft.

well, if there is a silver lining this is the team that absolutely took apart Duke a week ago, so there is some hope.

Not that I'm wishing you good luck tho :D

well, if there is a silver lining this is the team that absolutely took apart Duke a week ago, so there is some hope.

Not that I'm wishing you good luck tho :D

Well you wouldn't now, would you?

Well you wouldn't now, would you?

well, to be fair I am a "fan" of UNC, I just have followed Duke far more and far more closely. So...I do wish them buckets of W's until they cross paths with the Dukies.

btw, pretty sure it was scientifically proven that all mobile media devices were created solely due to the high need for work access from the local sports bar during March.

Archived