The Bad Book Club

undertow

I got lassoed by an ex to read a Paolo Coelho novel back in 2000. I felt like a retard after.

*points at Rask and laughs*

Is this ex the one you planned to marry? :lmao: :leaving:

It was hard reading Pramoedya Ananda Toer. It wasn't also that enjoyable.

Oh man, I have to think about this one.

Are we including just Scifi/Fantasy or everything? Cause there were some HORRIBLE books I was forced to read in school.

Also, that one Sword of Truth novel with the fucking goats.

I'll add the Gates of Rome by Conn Iggulden. First time in 20 years I put a book down without finishing it. Absolutely atrocious. It comes across as something an eighth grader would have written for extra credit. It boggles my mind how it got published in the first place.

I got lassoed by an ex to read a Paolo Coelho novel back in 2000. I felt like a retard after.
Gutted. I hope you've been spreading the wisdom and encouraging others to NOT read any of his books since then.

The fantasy books written by females. Sorry gals, it just doesn't do it for me.

*gives Ski a smack*

I have three whole threads dedicated to this topic. But I'd probably pick Lankar of Callisto as the most excruciating of the bunch.

Not even counting books that I tried to read and just couldn't. Though an honourable mention needs to go to Left Behind.

*gives Ski a smack*

Hey, hey. It's unfortunate that the handful of female fantasy authors I've read were all terrible, it has scarred me for life. Scarred me in much the same way reading Erikson and Goodkind have. I will also never read those again, so much was my soul shat upon when I read their books.

Not even counting books that I tried to read and just couldn't. Though an honourable mention needs to go to Left Behind.

I haven't actually read left behind, but the evisceration of it over on slacktivist is so entertaining and interesting I have something of a positive pavlovian response to them.

I'll say what I always say in these thread (and will keep saying until I read a worse book, WHIHC WILL NEVER HAPPEN):

Runelords, by David Farland

is

The Worst Book Ever Written

Many Quite Bad Elements Create Far More Than Their Sum!

Come see the two headed wonder...

actually, no. Don't.

Runelords, by David Farland

is

The Worst Book Ever Written

Many Quite Bad Elements Create Far More Than Their Sum!

Come see the two headed wonder...

actually, no. Don't.

You know, I've always seen his stuff in Borders. It sounded alright but they never had the first book, so alas I do not own it. Thank you very much for putting it off my 'To read' list.

:bowdown:

Archived