The NFL Thread 9

Mya Stone

I think there's a very logical explanation. All those rookies playing this season means there were more souls to sell, since the well had almost run dry on Belichick, Brady, Welker, and Moss.

Well, it's logical to me. But then again, I'm on enough cold medicine right now for flying dogs to be logical.

Nah, he just completed an arcane ritual to sacrifice the Broncos' souls. The loss to Denver last year was part of the deal. McDaniels' fist-pump was the final gesticulation required to complete the ritual.

I never said that people were predicting the Bears would win (one did, but a Packers fan). I NEVER played the "lack of respect" card. My point was that ALL (and it was basically all) the talk was how the elements would play this HUGE roll in the game; and that almost without exception, that roll would be in support of the Bears. The talk was that the weather would help the Bears and hamper the Pats.

Lord of Bones' point was that the fact that the weather played a part in the game SHOULD NOT make people not appreciate the aesthetic that the weather adds to the game.

What I was pointing out was that the Pats were 100% unaffected by the snow, and that nobody (including me) made that prediction. Do you want to know my prediction? Here was what it was:

The Pats would win an ugly, low scoring game; that the weather would be a HUGE factor; that the conditions actually favored the Bears; that the Bears would make one critical turnover and the Pats would capitalize. Pats 17, Bears 10. That was my prediction.

So don't take this so personally. Everyone was wrong. And any debate on Chicago radio on the weather were rendered moot because the weather did not matter. It matters to teams who need excuses (much like blaming the refs - WHICH I DO EVERY TIME I TALK ABOUT THE TYREE CATCH!!!!).

That was what I was saying. I'm glad we had this talk.

Look, last thing I'll add to this becasue I'm on vacation and I think we've all moved on: You still missed my entire point about the weather, Rock. The talk we had about the weather and how it affects football hade zero to do with what happened (or was happening) yesterday in Chicago. My comment about the radio station here was discussing whether football needs to move indoors as a whole. Regardless of what Brady did yesterday, it had nothing to do with the discussion.

And Jaxom, how could I possibly hate the man who gave me one of my sigs?

Awwwww...love you too man...as much as any sports fan can love another Patriots fan... :P

Matty Ice is a terrible nickname,

It's like the Anheisur Busch aren't even trying any more...

So who's gonna watch the Giants/Vikings exhibition game? I like the Giants with their league no.2 ranked defense. But with wildcard spots getting tight I'm gonna have to be a Vikings fan tonight. Would it be too much to ask for the vikes to just rip down that goofy Metrodoom roof and play some snowglobe?

I love getting my sports news here. It's like the real world, if the real world only had five teams with fans. I mean, I read stuff on ESPN and SI, but it's not nearly so entertaining.

I want a shootout tonight, with touchdowns going in left and right, defenses playing with only seven men on the field, shanked punts raining down from up on high, like snow into the Metrodome...

I think we're probably the only two boarders watching this right now.

Is it just me, or does your Viking horn sound a lot like the Smoke Monster from LOST?

And Ragnar looks not unlike the child of Locke and Hurley.

@Possum: I think they took Frazier's "Be ruthless like Sal Alosi" pregame speech too literally.

oh man, did you guys see Favre's sword hand... purple! Maybe its just for sympathy, maybe its viking fan paint, or maybe he's Jaime Lannister post Vargo Hoat. Ouch. Anyway, I know everyone here pretty much hates Favre, but I'm still a fan.

edit: awwwwww they didn't show any Favre superbowl action, deep pass to Freeman who turns on the speed and turns the hash marks into a blur for a TD

The Dome will probably be good to go by next week; this isn't the first time it's deflated.

Possible, but I am hearing it is less likely this time around. The tears have to be repaired. I am guessing they play one game at TCF Bank Stadium.

Archived