Aussie LII

brook

Back home

glad everyone survived

Festival had lots of water for swimming- never saw so many tadpoles and fish hatchlings nor been bitten by so many mozzies.

Came home when the offspring stated she was over them.

Learnt a new skill too, how to drop juggling clubs consistently ( can't manage to juggle) and learnt some music theory too.

ooooh what festival did you go to shwuffie?

just home from a few nights in manly...our poor pasty white english friend is currently looking more like a lobster :( so we're going to chill in a dark room with the air con on today...hopefully be ready by tomorrow for our overnight zoo adventure :wub:

Sounds like people have had or are having a good festive season.

Good to hear :)

Looked at the weather map the other day and South Australia seemed to be the only state without massive rainfalls. That will change of course.

Sorry to hear about Queensland but really they have spent so many years hoarding water for international companies that nature was bound to turn around and bite them for it.

Watched a really good Australian movie tonight. It is called Tomorrow when the war begins.

Acting was good and so was the plot line, the invader is of course never named but the indoctrination camps etc make it look very much like it is China.

I think the writers very much underestimate our outback farmers and the majority of the people of this country but apart from that it was pretty good.

Going shopping tomorrow and also paying out an idiots loan. The reason I call him an idiot is that he wanted to establish a credit rating so he decided to take a loan from Cash converters since he couldn't get a loan from anyone else.

Seems like reasonable thinking until you find out that he signed for the loan without understanding the paperwork or just what he had to repay or the possible penalties.

over a month he has to repay $212 on a $161 loan which is over 25% a month. Penalties are $16.50 each day he is in arrears and another 16.50 for every default notice.

Of course while the default payments are not met the idiot is still in default.and since it does not specify working days that means every week he has a minimum of $112 in default fees.

So as I said to him it is a one time only bailout and he has to repay me within a month of my paying it out.

I doubt I will get the money by the end of the year but honestly what can I say, if I leave him to fall his young life will be having bankruptcy at the start of his adult life. I do not want to see a life wrecked when I can stop it from happening.

If he ever gets a loan from them again though he is going to be sore for a week.

I am not even a parent and I am going through this shit?

Well all I can say to those of you who are parents is that I take my hat off to you.

Watched a really good Australian movie tonight. It is called Tomorrow when the war begins.

Acting was good and so was the plot line, the invader is of course never named but the indoctrination camps etc make it look very much like it is China.

I think the writers very much underestimate our outback farmers and the majority of the people of this country but apart from that it was pretty good.

That's the movie based off the book by John Marsden right?

Living in very close proximity to bushland as I do, I fucking hate arsonists.

Thankfully, for us, this one is a long way off, but it must be horrendous for the folks down Lake Clifton way.

They should shot.

It's pretty crazy here at the moment. We were just sent home from work and we're not to come in tomorrow either. I'm pretty lucky as I'm only working at Ipswich where there's flooding and evacuations. Home isn't in a low lying area, but even still there's a lot of water and along the side of the house is a swimming pool.

Hope other QLD boarders are all fine.

They should shot.

It's pretty crazy here at the moment. We were just sent home from work and we're not to come in tomorrow either. I'm pretty lucky as I'm only working at Ipswich where there's flooding and evacuations. Home isn't in a low lying area, but even still there's a lot of water and along the side of the house is a swimming pool.

Hope other QLD boarders are all fine.

Indeed. Guys, check in and let us know how you are getting on?

Thinking of you all.

Glad to hear you're safe from the floods Neal, and Stubby that you're safe from the fires!

The footage of Toowoomba is just phenomenal. I can't imagine what it must be like to suddenly be caught up in that. Hope everyone's OK.

Archived