Aussie LII

brook

What the hell is going on? :P

Met up with Stormy yesterday at BDO, so much fun had by all. Although the weather was fucking ridiculously hot. The sweat was pouring off of us like it was raining, alas no rain til much later on that night. I saw Grinderman, boy I love Nick Cave he is so very very entertaining.

We have a cyclone warning current for tomorrow morning. Highly unusual for a cyclone to come this far down. I'm old enough to remember the last time one hit Perth (Cyclone Alby in the late seventies or early eighties). That wasn't fun. I've policed my place and mum's and secured all the loose shit in the yard.

Just as well the shed was already cactus or it would certainly have become a missile tomorrow morning.

We've got two computers and two phones on charge for info in case the power goes out. If it turns out that its not as severe as they currently think, then at least we will have had an exercise in planning.

We have a cyclone warning current for tomorrow morning. Highly unusual for a cyclone to come this far down. I'm old enough to remember the last time one hit Perth (Cyclone Alby in the late seventies or early eighties). That wasn't fun. I've policed my place and mum's and secured all the loose shit in the yard.

Just as well the shed was already cactus or it would certainly have become a missile tomorrow morning.

We've got two computers and two phones on charge for info in case the power goes out. If it turns out that its not as severe as they currently think, then at least we will have had an exercise in planning.

Shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiite, mate here is to hoping it just blows over.

Update: The FESA website is down! But the news sites are carrying stories that that the cyclone warning has been cancelled. We are still expecting some heavy duty rains, but I guess the winds won't be as bad. Sounds like its blown its guts out.

Update: The FESA website is down! But the news sites are carrying stories that that the cyclone warning has been cancelled. We are still expecting some heavy duty rains, but I guess the winds won't be as bad. Sounds like its blown its guts out.

a Bit of moisture hopefully will not hurt though.

a Bit of moisture hopefully will not hurt though.

It was a good dose in the end. Still a little bit hanging around today but last night was enough to leave the sprinklers off for a couple of weeks.

Hello all

1st- congrats to PAx on finishing

so envious re your trip too

2) GS good luck with being a semi driver

I had a "spontaneous holiday' when I realized I only worked one day last week.

Got to bright and discovered 'the lone hand brewery' in Cassilis- they make a wicked apple scrumpy

Oz day was spent climbing up beside waterfalls, swimming and driving back to Sydney

Highlight- 1st pay packet in a while for me

Yea, its horrible. I sleep on the floor cause its cooler than the bed :blushing:

Clothing - Optional.

Edit: Also, Pax, waiting for the incriminating photos...

You know, for a loose guy like me I'm surprised I haven't done that yet. It is definitely on the cards though. The air con just doesn't cool my room down because it's further away and down a hall, damn you air con installed too far away!!! :fencing:

I have nothing to contribute other than whinging about the heat.

:agree:

It's almost so bad I find myself wishing that Monday (and forecast cold weather) would come sooner.

We bought a portable one in November. I argued with Phil that I didn't want to spend the money and we could get by without it but he eventually wore me down.

To his credit he's only been gloating a little bit about exactly how wrong I was.

Archived