World of Warcraft

Inigima

Welp, my guild just imploded.

Did Bladez wiiped all of Tink's characters as a revenge and then Tink left to join the rival guild after raiding the guild bank and now the remaining people are blaming each other?

Well, if that's the case, you know there's only one solution: you must duel the GL of the rival guild, then sleep with him/her afterwards.

It's the only way.

Got my first flying mount, to quote Ferris Bueller "It is so choice". When I played before you had to wait to 70, so getting it at 60 (which I didn't know would happen) was very cool. It makes things so much easier and faster then before. Only issue is, I don't much like the way it looks. Are there any other mounts that are easy to get? Like one of those bats Forsaken flight masters have?

A number of the factions, when you hit exalted, have special mounts, epic gear or item enhancements available at vendors. That, or for the achievement points.

Specifically, one of the factions is the only place to get enchants for your shoulders if you intend to raid (unless your toon is an inscriber, they get a self-only shoulder enchant). The other factions all various pieces of gear that are close to pre-raid best in slot in many cases.

Well, we had our first "real" boss attempt yesterday. At first it was going pretty well. We tried Omnotron and once people got the hang of "blue blobs = good, green blobs = bad" we got the boss down first to 20% ish and then to 6% a couple of tries in a row.

Then the RNG fest begun and we could not get them past 70%, as we kept getting Arcanotron then Magmatron, which means we had to deal with Arcane barrage at the same time as fire AoE and the fire aquire target. On our last few attempts, the same person also got targeted with Aquiring target AND Arcane barrage within 2 sec of eachother. Which is totally unhealable. I know cos I was the one who kept getting targeted by this shit, over and over again. Me and our hunter just kept getting caned by this double whammy in try after try after try. Our ele shammy sat only on interrupts on Arcanotron, our druid tank on him had no rage to interrupt once Arcano got his shield up and we had no other ranged interrupters at all.

Apart from the Arcane Barrage + fire shit combo, they would be dead early on, but it just felt that due to dumb RNG we couldn't do it. Without the Arcano + fire combo we did fine. In the tries we got them to 6% we didn't get the Arcano then Fire combo, but on the tries we did, we could just as well insta reset it. :/

I'm hesitant to try Halfus as well as I hear it's massively random what adds you get, and whether it's fairly easy or extremely hard. Bleh. I just want something you can do with almost any raid setup and that isn't RNG based. Maybe we should try Conclave of Winds instead. Right now it just feels raiding is impossible for our setup, with so few interrupters. We have like pala and druid tank, no mages, no DKs, no rogues, one shammy joined unexpectedly yesterday, but he hadn't actually signed. Normally we would have another spriest instead of him. Which means even fewer interrupts.

So, what happened to bring the player, not the class again?

So, what happened to bring the player, not the class again?

That only ever held true in MC I believe. You could do it with virtually any setup, the more ranged, the easier. You did need a hunter for tranq-shot, a lock or two for garr, maybe some mages for domo. But for 90% of the raid setup, it was irrelevant which class they were.

I love that it's "bring the class, not the player" ever since, this way you can either do it the easy way, picking the best setup, but cutting down on nepotism, or go with your friends, but be prepared to suffer due to lack of a certain buffs, interrupts and other special abilities. This tends to force raids to seek a more diversified setup, even in times like now, where certain classes do way more dmg than others *cough* hunters & locks *cough*. Else why bring a retri paladin at all? If not for the buffs, the interrupt or cuz he's a friend of yours?

Explain to me why I should care about grinding rep? A brief read of the entry on wowpedia has done nothing to enlighten me.

At your level, you mostly don't. Currently at top level faction rep is a good way to gear up and get head and shoulder enchants for your class. Sometimes factions have special mounts or whatever that you can get. A few people are bored enough to do them for achievements. In BC you needed a bit of rep with various factions to access heroic dungeons.

EDIT: Will make a post later about guild drama, I'm late for work as it is.

Explain to me why I should care about grinding rep? A brief read of the entry on wowpedia has done nothing to enlighten me.

Working on Orgrimmar rep with my Goblin so I can ride a wolf. Working on AB rep with my main for a cool tabard.

Usually, if you're not doing it for raiding, then you're doing it for personal means, at which point looking up a specific factions rewards would benefit you more.

Also, for anyone who is not a Goblin, the better standing you're in with a faction, the less money you pay for repairs and other services (reagents, food, etc.)

Finally hit 525 on Archaeology. Bout a minute later I get the troll two handed sword as the next item in my queue - it was the 10th item I crafted from troll artifacts. I think my guild hates me, especially since it's offspec for me.

Finally hit 525 on Archaeology. Bout a minute later I get the troll two handed sword as the next item in my queue - it was the 10th item I crafted from troll artifacts. I think my guild hates me, especially since it's offspec for me.

Many people in WOW are going to hate you for that! Heh. I have a guildie who went from 0-450 archaeology without assembling a single troll project, so by the time he hit 450 he had something like 1500 troll fragments saved up. He then assembled all these fragments, hoping one might come up as Zin'rokh, but no. Every night since he has been flying up and down the length of the Eastern Kingdoms, blowing through dwarf and fossil sites until the next troll mother lode appears. Thus far a vain pursuit.

Archy is getting no time from me until I have got burned out on heroics and/or raiding. From the little I have seen of it, it is time-consuming and unrewarding.

Depending on your role, there are some rewarding items - there's three level 85 epics - caster ring, two hander sword and a one hand axe(?). Nothing for a tank - but yeah, mostly it is just a way to blow time in between other things.

Mack - did he start at 450 hoping for it? I thought you were only able to get the lvl85 epics once you hit 525? yeah, I had about 750 pieces and 18 keys; figured I had about 1/3 of what I would need.

Depending on your role, there are some rewarding items - there's three level 85 epics - caster ring, two hander sword and a one hand axe(?). Nothing for a tank - but yeah, mostly it is just a way to blow time in between other things.

Zin'Rokh isn't bad for DK tanks :)

Got Omnotron and Magmaw down yesterday, without a frost DK for kiting the larvae. Our main issue was DPS going out of mana (our ele shaman was in slit wrist mode). Healers only started to say "ok I am like, 100% dry" when Maloriak hit 9% and got spiked. And then he died ASAP so it wasn't an issue. Only weaker DPS we have is our ele shaman, but since we are weak on interrupts he really helps. On Omnotron us healers started going really dry towards the end, I ended up dying and healing in Angel form instead. Note that the other two heals are both palas, so we are almost haxxing it by using OP healing classes (apart from me). :P

We have one lock and a hunter as well in our group so they kick out enough DPS to cover for our shammy, I think. Plus the shammy is also a situationally aware player who carries loads of different glyphs for totems and stuff, and has a lot of good creative ideas. I am hesitant to drop him cos his DPS is low end right now.

Considering whether to move on to Maloriak, or swap to Halfus or Conclave of Winds. Only annoying this is the BoT trash which is haaaaaatred.

Also: Overhealing.

Dunno if you have looked at this yet Ini, but I kept looking at our over healing meter. I am extremely low on it, below our spriest and warlock, meaning my total healing might be slightly lower than the paladins', but I distribute my heals in a smarter way. (Possibly?) The pala who had most healing done also had most overhealing, and the pala who was last man standing on Omnotron (together with lock and hunter) was somewhere in the middle. Not sure what that means, but overall, my blue geared priest is 2-3% below the paladins in healing done, which I guess isn't terrible. Apparently priests catch up with palas at around T11.

However factoring in how apparently extremely efficient my healing is, I dunno if that shows a better or worse playing style, or simply that I know I go oom fast and just turn tight fisted. :P

In Wrath I always healed alongside a shammy and a druid, so healing with palas is a bit of a change. Druids and shamans have a more "even flow" of incoming healing, while paladins can be a bit more bursty. I also found myself cancel casting more, when the palas landed a big nuke on the tank, I often cancel cast my Gheal and started picking DPS up with renew. Renew and PoM were my most used spells, which I also don't know if that is "correct".

Zin'Rokh isn't bad for DK tanks :)

I always forget about them since I haven't worked with a good one - not saying there aren't - I know there are, the ones I've dealt with have unfortunately lived down to the stereotypes.

So far we've gotten Magmaw & Halfus down, but only barely. Halfus in general is owning me. Taking the first 15 stacks, bubbling, taunting back, taking another set until he got stunned and then tank swapping. It might be the combo of drakes we had, but his mortal strike was stacking ridiculously fast and just hitting like a truck. had a disco, holy pal & druid healing and when we finally got it I'd bubbled through the first 8 seconds of enrage.

Mack - did he start at 450 hoping for it? I thought you were only able to get the lvl85 epics once you hit 525? yeah, I had about 750 pieces and 18 keys; figured I had about 1/3 of what I would need.

That's like saying that playing a Lottery is 'rewarding'.

I always forget about them since I haven't worked with a good one - not saying there aren't - I know there are, the ones I've dealt with have unfortunately lived down to the stereotypes.

So far we've gotten Magmaw & Halfus down, but only barely. Halfus in general is owning me. Taking the first 15 stacks, bubbling, taunting back, taking another set until he got stunned and then tank swapping. It might be the combo of drakes we had, but his mortal strike was stacking ridiculously fast and just hitting like a truck. had a disco, holy pal & druid healing and when we finally got it I'd bubbled through the first 8 seconds of enrage.

Ya, we are probably going to try Halfus tonight, and this is my main concern with him. I have actually been toying with the idea of having the pala tank him first and bubble the MS debuff, then have our warrior kite him using heroic leap, intervene and Lifegrip ( we do this all the time in HCs) and maybe even having one of our holy pallys taunt him (or our huntard) at max range to try "kiting" in order to get the debuff to fall off. Which ofc would mean our DPS will be threat capped for a while and they do so like to not look at Omen. Plus not maxing DPS may be an issue with the enrage as well.

Not sure whether this is going to work, but yeah, it seems like a really annoying fight since you can get shafted on the drakes completely.

Also, it seems to me it's a bit unfair that you have an easier time using mages and having an alliance raid filled with humans. Can't really force our tanks to race change to orc for shorter stun duration :)

always forget about them since I haven't worked with a good one - not saying there aren't - I know there are, the ones I've dealt with have unfortunately lived down to the stereotypes.

I have one :P We had a MT/OT DK in Wrath as well who helped get us our first LK kill. Anti magic shell and loads of CDs is FTW. But like warrior tanks, there is a huge steep curve between the bad ones and the good ones. A good warrior/DK tank will blow you away with interrupts, kiting and CD usage. DKs also own on self heals, while warrior mobility is second to none. And then you see a bad one and you think WTF?? Paladins are druids are normally a little bit more "static" so it's not as glaringly obvious which ones are awesome and which ones are fail.

If you have a paladin or warrior tank Halfus the stack shouldn't go so high; shield block stops that too.

I'd probably go Conclave; it's a very easy fight provided that your dps aren't stupid.

Greywolf,

It sounds like you probably had the haste buff drake in your mix - if you release him at the start, the stacks shouldn't be an issue. The Nether Scion, I think.

Lyanna,

We use a hunter to kite and kill the adds on his own, so maybe you guys could try that, if your hunter feels up to it. It'll help a lot with healer mana too as the fight is a lot shorter without half the dps switching all the time.

Yeah, we had that one - ended up releasing the haste and malevolent strike drakes and taunting him back and forth like a ping pong ball.

Lyanna - we didn't have a problem with threat since I was able to focus on building threat while the DPS burned the drakes until the first taunt so there was a significant lead.

Kal - it might have been the haste buff being in there, but before any procs I was at 48.5% block, 13.4 parry, 11.something dodge and was just getting ripped. Didn't seem like the block was actually stopping it - though that definitely could have been because of the haste and I just wasn't seeing it.

OT...starting watching the Yogscast vids for fight strats, generally have liked how they have done them but also find them much more entertaining to listen to than Tankspot.

Archived