World of Warcraft

Inigima

I did Atramedes last night for the first time.

That is a fun fight!

Yeah there is so much running around that my dps is ass, but still its a pretty cool fight.

The only problem I had was, I try and play zoomed way out and my camera would get hosed by her wings when moving around during ground phase.

Another question, for someone who knows the lore, when/how did the Scarlet Crusade end up being undead? Was kinda surprised to find that when I was out in the Eastern Plaguelands, and is the first big change from the way things were last time I played that hasn't been explained in quest texts.

So I'm trying to come back to the game (or at least see if I can) and my account is gone. Deleted, it seems.

I stopped playing before the BattleNet switch, so I'm really hoping maybe it just got lost. I had a level 80, a 71, and more hours than I care to admit logged into that game.

It's not even really the characters; I could give a crap about starting over. But I really don't want to have to buy the game + 3 expansions if I don't have to... I sent an email, and am really hoping customer support can back me up on this. After all the years and hundreds of dollars I've invested, I really dislike the idea of starting over and paying with money I don't have.

Sign up for a new battlenet account. There should then be an option to link it to your old WoW account which will then mean you log into WoW with your battlenet email address. I did it earlier today.

Another question, for someone who knows the lore, when/how did the Scarlet Crusade end up being undead? Was kinda surprised to find that when I was out in the Eastern Plaguelands, and is the first big change from the way things were last time I played that hasn't been explained in quest texts.

If I remember right the big deal about this is in Stratholme. Been true since vanilla I think, not sure though. It's not new in Cata.

Solmyr you are full of shit and don't know what you're talking about. Try healing current content in leveling gear. Until you do it neither I nor any of the other healers working our asses off to carry you through the fire you stand in want to hear another word out of your fucking mouth about the immense service we perform.

Sign up for a new battlenet account. There should then be an option to link it to your old WoW account which will then mean you log into WoW with your battlenet email address. I did it earlier today.

Yeah I did that, and tried to add the old WoW account. But the account doesn't exist and all the emails I've sent come back with "we can't find it/can't restore anything/are very sorry for the inconvenience".

I did get a non-automated reply from one guy, and it seemed like he did try to do everything, but meh. I'm SOL.

Well I ran Stratholme last time around, and I know about the surprise at the end. But I thought he hadn't actually done anything yet before you get to him, just hiding out really, and also that once an NPC ended up as a dungeon/raid boss it meant future canon considered them dead.

Anyway I finished up the Eastern Plaguelands and got rocketed off (literally) to the Badlands and its a bit of an adjustment switching gears from the serious Scourge threat of the last 10 levels to dealing with the wacky adventures of Goblins. Also before every 'breadcrumb' quest from one zone to next was sorta connected to what had happened before so it vaguely felt that I'd been following the same massive storyline for 44 levels, but in this case there was just a random goblin at Light' Hope who hadn't been there earlier saying 'hey, we got some wacky fun down here'.

Two people have raised up the question why, if a dps is so good, doesn't he run heroics with a guild group? I'd've assumed the answer is obvious - his guildies would have outgeared heroics the same way he has. And everyone tends to do their daily as soon as he logs in, so chances you group up are slim.

Your guild doesn't seem like a very social place to me. One of the major points for being in a guild is that you would have to pug less. Unless your guildies are short in time (e.g. heading to work soon, dinner etc) it is almost always a more enjoyable (and in many cases, faster) experience to wait for other guildies. It builds teamwork and helps people bond (particularly for new guildies). As a dps, I always appreciate the thoughtful tanks and healers in the guild who always ask people in guild before queuing. Even if you don't get a full group, you can expect to pick up a few dps, who are almost always grateful to the tanks/healers.

I mean, you could use your awesome social skills in trade or cross-server people, or you could use those awesome social skills on guildies and have a better WoW experience.

I purposefully mentioned that healers do least in heroics, as at the moment they come as close to doing as much as dps and tanks, as they haven't since classic wow 5-mans were around. I have played healer in every expansion and I know what is required to keep a group alive.

Your experience would've been biased depending on what point in expansion you started healing (and to a degree, what class). At the start of the expansion, it is always a bit difficult to heal due to gear and people experimenting with specs etc. People are geared for the content level so things are not always a pushover. Later on in the expansion, you tend to out-gear most of these contents. Gears are also easier to come by, either because of blizz making things easier or because in dungeon runs there are people out-gearing the content, thus trivializing it to a certain degree.

I have always considered healing unnecessary, but I guess there is a segment of players that wanna play a "non-violent" class, hence blizz decided to oblige. A lot of games don't have healing in them, save for potions and some self-healing abilities. And they work fine. WoW could've been much more fun if blizz had designed it without healing, but arguing that point through would require an entire thread and I do not intend to bother anyway.

You can say that about tanks and dps as well. They aren't really needed if you design the contents to suit such designs. If you wanted, you could have every class tanking, dpsing and healing at the same time (shadow priests in plate? :P ). There would be very little synergy. But I highly doubt that it would be as enjoyable as having distinct roles. I simply can't imagine a scenario where WoW would be more enjoyable without different roles. Part of the fun of WoW raiding (YMMV) is making a decent group and figuring out how they complement each other to get the most out of each classes.

Also, it is not about 'non-violent' ways as much as playing a more supportive role (and taking more responsibility) for the group. Healers (and tanks) tend to be a more vital part of a group, since their success (and failure) largely coincides with the groups, and some people enjoy such responsibilities (and in many cases, the challenges). To me, you really seem to dislike healers for some reason :dunno:.

Today was a day for being helped by my guild. A friend gave me a ton of greens to DE to use to level my enchanting, the end is in sight. With me helping kill things, our best LW farmed up enough leather to buy two patterns and craft two pieces of gear for me, rendering me heroic eligible. Then we did Tol Barad dailies and then a heroic. Been a pretty good day :)

Today was a day for being helped by my guild. A friend gave me a ton of greens to DE to use to level my enchanting, the end is in sight. With me helping kill things, our best LW farmed up enough leather to buy two patterns and craft two pieces of gear for me, rendering me heroic eligible. Then we did Tol Barad dailies and then a heroic. Been a pretty good day :)

That's pretty sweet. I've been missing guild assistance like that myself, however I finally just xferred my assassination rogue over to Kil'jaedan to meet up with the rest of my old guild and I'm so glad I did. It's nice to be rolling with my old crew again. I had to change his name (lost it to a Dwarven priest of all things!) so I named him Ezío after the protagonist in Assassin's Creed, it seemed fitting.

Mostly just been questing for fun. Got Loremaster of Cataclysm today and finished up almost every quest in each zone after as well. Really loved each 80-85 area and I'm actually looking forward to doing it again with my Elem/Resto Shaman

I've also just rolled a warrior and I'm wondering what the best leveling spec might be. I'm actually hearing a lot of good things about Prot which may work out since I'd like to have a tank.

I've also just rolled a warrior and I'm wondering what the best leveling spec might be. I'm actually hearing a lot of good things about Prot which may work out since I'd like to have a tank.

Prot really tears shit up plus then you can tank which owns and when you're prot you can out-DPS the DPS even though you're prot. Be prot. Prot prot prot. Later offspec Fury. :) I'm told Arms is the PvP spec now.

Anyway I finished up the Eastern Plaguelands and got rocketed off (literally) to the Badlands and its a bit of an adjustment switching gears from the serious Scourge threat of the last 10 levels to dealing with the wacky adventures of Goblins. Also before every 'breadcrumb' quest from one zone to next was sorta connected to what had happened before so it vaguely felt that I'd been following the same massive storyline for 44 levels, but in this case there was just a random goblin at Light' Hope who hadn't been there earlier saying 'hey, we got some wacky fun down here'.

I take it all back. There were only a couple goblin quests, most of the badland quests actually revolved around Deathwing, including going through 3 different 'flashback' quests where you play as an NPC and get to fight him in various goofy ways. However despite the quests being goofs the Dragon and Human (humanoid at least) models of Deathwing look very badass (especially the humanoid one, I don't care that its WoW graphics, a giant with grey skin, dead eyes, ornate armor, and surrounded by flames is a hell of a sight) and might very well be the models used when he ends up as raid boss. So thats cool, since I'll probably never get to see him in an actual raid.

Before Cata, Outland was actually really neat for me. It was a cool change of scenery and wasn't a quest hiccup like it is now. The zones were bizarre and different. My favorite hunter pets came from Outland. I loved Shattrath...it was my favorite city to visit. Even when I got to Northrend and Dalaran I set my hearth to Dal then ported to Shat and spent my time there unless I needed the vendors in Dal. Or when I was obsessed with the coins in the fountain. Anyway, my point is that before Cata I for one didn't know any different and that made Outland much more enjoyable.

<3 the new defensive abilities for Rogues.

Was in Heroic Tolvir with a newly geared healer. I got blown off the edge into the water at the last boss and while I was swimming around looking for the whilrwind to take me up everyone but the healer died. I clicked the port, popped cloak, evasion and combat readiness and tanked down the last 7%.

I have not done any raids just yet as I've been doing exploring and all, but if the Heroics are any hint, I'm going to enjoy it a lot.

Having quit WoW a long time ago, I've recently been getting these urges to play the game again. It's been nearly a year since I quit (I played on and off since summer 2005) and I've kind of started to miss certain aspects of the game, despite not liking the WotLK endgame very much.

Thankfully, in two days, I'm leaving to study abroad for four months, taking only my little netbook with me, which is barely capable of running 10-year old games.

Nevertheless, my urge to reactivate my account is there. If I had stayed in my home country, I'd no doubt be playing right now, even if just for one month to try out the new expansion. I've been keeping up with all the news so despite the fact that I haven't logged in in 10 months, I still know what's going on in the game, more or less. I could never REALLY let it go, lol.

Archived