The Good Wife

Datepalm

After Sunday's episode I think I'm little bit in love with Diane! And after some searching I found out who her love interest was....he's from Cocktail!

Yes! That bugged the hell out of me the whole episode...and it looks as though he'll be back...but is he better than Gary Cole...???

Yes! Diane is awesome. When it started at the museum I was like...finally, a Diane episode! Kind of disjointed as an episode, but its great to have Elsbeth Tassioni (who is that actress?!) back, and OMG, well balanced grown up Carey is even hotter than frustrated immature Carey. I was dissapointed David Lee didn't spend the whole episode dressed like a pirate or whatever that was though.

Elsbeth is so very awesome. Love her. Mind you, there aren't many "off" extra characters on this show.

After Sunday's episode I think I'm little bit in love with Diane! And after some searching I found out who her love interest was....he's from Cocktail!

Bryan Brown :lol: Where's he been all these years? I remember the old gag line, 'How do talk without moving your lips? - have you seen Bryan Brown act?'. He looks good though! And so did F.Murray Abraham.

Yes! Diane is awesome. When it started at the museum I was like...finally, a Diane episode! Kind of disjointed as an episode, but its great to have Elsbeth Tassioni (who is that actress?!) back, and OMG, well balanced grown up Carey is even hotter than frustrated immature Carey. I was dissapointed David Lee didn't spend the whole episode dressed like a pirate or whatever that was though.

I think we all agree Diane is awesome this season, she exudes class with every scene she's in.

Hot Damn, really enjoyed that episode. And not just because of the month long break. I thought Julius/David Lee was amusing but Eli/David Lee was even better. Alicia and Kalinda* moving to a new comfortable space in their relationship, and then we get ultra cool Carey drop in and show how mature (maybe less cynical) he's become. Add to that the welcome reappearance of Tassioni to keep Wendy (she give me the creeps when she smiles) at bay.

Now if David Lee had turned up dressed as a British Naval Captain from the Napoleonic Wars and Eli as a ship's surgeon they could have played a piece by

to end the episode.

*OK I'll mention it before Jaxom does, again, but Kalinda is hot in whatever she wears.

• 3 months later...

Is anyone still watching? Damn, what is going on!? I can't believe they ended on a cliffhanger like that. Any theories?

Well, each season has ended with Alicia at a crossroads and with a choice to make. That tracked.

But Kalinda? No clue.

Gonna be a long summer. This is without a doubt one of the best written shows on television.

• 9 months later...

I dug up this thread to comment on the very last episode, and what do I see? No posts for almost a year! Then again, I think the current season is quite weak compared to previous seasons (Kalinda and her husband???? Geez), so maybe this is not surprising.

However, the last episode was great, probably one of their best ever. Pissed of Alicia, Elsbeth, Eli & the sketchy government guy and especially David Lee were all awesome. I liked the ending as well, I thought they would make Alicia leave with Cary out of spite, but this is much more realistic. (Though I think leaving is still on the table for the end of this season; they need to shake things up a little bit. They can take Kalinda with them and fight against Will and Diane.)

"Do you feel appreciated now?" :lol:

yeah, that was a great episode. Definitely could have taken the easy way out with having Alicia hold her ground and not cross the picket line, but this is so much more realistic (and interesting.) I love it when the show goes back to it's roots and just talks about power.

I wanted her to stick to her guns though. I don't think its as realistic for her to just grab the ring when it's presented again and its so obviously still an "F-You" in David Lee's own way...Alicia is better than that.

Either they're setting up:

A. Cary leaves and takes Chum Hum (him landing that account I missed somehow...) and the other spurned Fourth Years and starts a new firm that becomes one of Lockhart/Gardner's primary foes next year.

B. Alicia works from her new position on the inside to get the other 4 Fourth Years their seats at the table.

C. Alicia ends up leaving with Cary anyway.

I was NOT a fan of the kiss. Thematically it made very little sense with every other action of Alicia's this season. It'll be nice if it is dropped and as forgotten as the idea that Michael J. Fox offered her a job, again, without resolution (unless I missed that too...?)

It was good that they dropped the Kalinda story like a hot potato when it failed to go anywhere productive.

Eli's story is...weird...I'm waiting to see the payoff there. That the run for the Governorship is a side story is a little bit of a frustration...but I hope it pans out into something good.

Yeah, it's like things aren't quite melding very well this season, but we'll see.

I think the kiss was meant to highlight Will being an asshole again. He tells Alicia his hands are clean, but he's the one who comes up with the nasty divide and conquer strategy, and odds are it's him who leans towards it being Alicia as well. Will has always been willing to cut a few corners, and he never sees that about himself, which is why I don't think there any Will/Alicia hope in the long run. I like David Lee here, actually - it's a fuck-you, but it's all a fuck-you and he's the one who's actually going around and telling it like it is.

Ok, I've watched it and I'm a little confused. Alicia, Cary and others were presented with the offers to become equity partners in just previous episode, right? When the company was in grave need for money to make such a move. And they weren't given much time to bring in their money. And now, all of a sudden, it's not only that the company's debt is non-existent, but it also managed to achieve record high profits? In a matter of what, days? Because if it was months or even weeks, Alicia and Cary would have certainly brought their money in and become partners, all said and done.

As for Alicia's decision, I guess it was understandable, even if not praiseworthy. But I also hope she will eventually accept Carry's proposal, she was definitely intrigued by it. And it would create a number of opportunities for the next season.

David Lee is a son of a bitch, but at least he's a straightforward son of a bitch. :)

I agree that Kalinda's story was crap, so it's great it was dropped, and I actually liked Eli's story this episode, with Kyle MacLachlan made fool.

Yeah, the financial turnaround was a little quick and convenient. It worked for me from a storytelling perspective - it felt like the 'we are broke' plot had run through all it's possibly interesting points, so they tossed it into a shallow grave along with Nick and Cannings and whatever else is going on this season.

Yeah, the financial turnaround was a little quick and convenient. It worked for me from a storytelling perspective - it felt like the 'we are broke' plot had run through all it's possibly interesting points, so they tossed it into a shallow grave along with Nick and Cannings and whatever else is going on this season.

What happened with Chum Hum? Cary landed

The account? That's what confused me...

While I like the stunt casting of having Moira Tiernny, I really wanted a gubernatorial race with Matthew Perry...maybe his show fails so he can come back...he was the Republican candidate, so there is hope...

I wanted her to stick to her guns though. I don't think its as realistic for her to just grab the ring when it's presented again and its so obviously still an "F-You" in David Lee's own way...Alicia is better than that.

See, I don't think Alicia is better than that. Her heart is generally in the right place, but she is also quite pragmatic. She did a lot of questionable things to win cases. Sure, she generally puts up a protest and looks uncomfortable doing the "not quite right" thing but she almost always does it anyway. I loved the exchange between Alicia and Canning a few weeks back:

- This is beneath you Alicia.

- Actually, it's not.

So, true. And I think this is one of the things that makes her (and the show) really compelling. The way they set it up, everything was in place for her to say "Fuck you" and leave with Cary. Then they went with the significantly more realistic scenario. I really liked it.

(Of course, I still think we will see Florick, Agos & Associates next season, since the show could use some sort of shake-up at this point).

Ok was it just me?

It's just you. And Jaxom :P

• 2 weeks later...

The agent guy who's stalking Eli? Wouldn't that be a bit of a stretch? (It's a totally awesome ship though.)

Speaking of ships....egads, the bromance of Eli and Peter. I felt a little dirty watching that, I must confess.

The agent guy who's stalking Eli? Wouldn't that be a bit of a stretch? (It's a totally awesome ship though.)

You think it's a stretch if the DoJ guy turns out to be her ex? I don't see why not. She was recommended by Alicia and totally independent from Eli until he needed her help. He has no reason to suspect that they could have had a past relationship and neither MacLachlan's character or Elsbeth are the type to shy away from something because of it, even if they properly should.

It's just his pushy attitude towards wanting to get her to dinner just smacks of something more there...maybe I'm seeing things, but it's an impression on my part.

Archived