The Good Wife

Datepalm

Yeah. There was never any way Alicia was going to be able to leave gracefully, but now David Lee and her mother and everyone are a part of it, and Diane and Will look to be on the edge of a falling out...can't wait to see how all the cards fall out.

Also, yay Becka! Best super-annoying, delightfully evil character ever.

I hate having caught the season preview at the end of the first episode. Now I'm wondering what the relationship landscape will look like at season's end. Who'd have thought we'd get here to season five? Awesome. Will enjoy the ride.

I found having middle eastern themed music whenever we see the NSA guys at their cubicles mining audio for keywords a bit too stereotypical though.

I really liked it; the plotting and scheming of the partners seems much more well-handled than that of the fourth years so far. But, will, the previews suggest that might change soon enough. And, hey, Elsbeth is back next episode!

I only hope, after they start running their firm, that David Lee continues to show up with some frequency; the guy is brilliant. And is it my impression, or might the plot with the surrogate be featured in a future episode again?

A little silly to be sure, with the paralegal, and I may be wrong, but that actress has been around in other episodes, no? Didn't some of the things they were discussing actually reflect other cases from other episodes?

This is going to be extremely interesting to watch and I cannot wait to see if they deliver next week.

A little silly to be sure, with the paralegal, and I may be wrong, but that actress has been around in other episodes, no?

Not according to IMDB. She looked so familiar though. All through the episode, I was thinking "Who is this woman? She looks (actually, rather, sounds) so familiar" I looked up her IMDB page and I don't think I saw any of her stuff. She must be reminding me of someone, but who?

Anyway, this show has been on fire ever since they got rid of Kalinda's stupid husband. Next week's episode looks to be great as well.

Anyway, this show has been on fire ever since they got rid of Kalinda's stupid husband. Next week's episode looks to be great as well.

You know, I know it's only so far into the season, but it's interesting that Kalinda isn't getting much time at all...let alone a storyline so far this season...

Yeah. There was never any way Alicia was going to be able to leave gracefully, but now David Lee and her mother and everyone are a part of it, and Diane and Will look to be on the edge of a falling out...can't wait to see how all the cards fall out.

Also, yay Becka! Best super-annoying, delightfully evil character ever.

I agree... And I would like to see Jackie Kennedy of American TV to get her hands dirty... As usual, I loved Elsabeth, although she wasn't as brilliantly smart as she always is. I adored "gay fashion designer" line, it was so funny to see Viola squirm...

Now, comes as the actor who plays Zack, the Red wedding episode of TGW... I love this show...

A brilliant episode. I agree with everyone on Christine Baranski's acting; that woman should have taken the Emmy a few weeks ago. But it was also fun to watch her side-plot.

You know, I kind of hate Jackie, but I'd be happy to sit through half an hour of her scenes if it meant more Eli.

You know, I know it's only so far into the season, but it's interesting that Kalinda isn't getting much time at all...let alone a storyline so far this season...

Yeah, but it kind of annoys me that no one ever mentioned Kalinda's husband again. Sure, it was the most irritating plot to ever appear in this show, but it still feels like it lacked closure.

And I read somewhere that they planned to introduce a new love interest for Kalinda this season,but had to cut it because there wouldn't be enough time, for which I'm grateful; we've had enough of those already, and it feels like her love life works better either in passing, as this episode, or when she seduces someone to get information. But I think Kalinda was a much better character, with better plots, when we had her friendship with Alicia to watch. The plot about her and Peter was a great watch at the time, but it stripped away one of the best things about the character. It seems unlikely that will change now.

Yeah, I was thinking about that. Robyn probably got more screen time than Kalinda (which is especially bad since she is one character that doesn't work for me on this show).

Also agreed with Lady Octarina: I wish Kalinda and Alicia were still friends. I thought the writers did a particularly good job in building that relationship and I do miss those interactions. Moreover Kalinda getting stuck between Will and Alicia could have been great. There is a bit of that now with Carry, but obviously it's not the same.

I can't read this thread for fear of spoilers. My wife and I just started watching it and are 5 or 6 episodes into the first season. We're enjoying it so far and I expect we will catch up to real time by the holidays.

That's, what, 100+ episodes in two months? You must really like it...

I have always loved Christine Baranski - but hell, she is awesome! This will be so exciting to watch - Diane and Will teaming up despite their differences because you don't cross them.

And Alicia putting her eggs into a basket of young inexperienced 4th years. Ooooh, this is going to be good.

I have always loved Christine Baranski - but hell, she is awesome! This will be so exciting to watch - Diane and Will teaming up despite their differences because you don't cross them.

And Alicia putting her eggs into a basket of young inexperienced 4th years. Ooooh, this is going to be good.

Yeah. if Cary and Alicia will be the new Will & Diane, they have to get themselves the new...Cary and Alicia, as well as a new David Lee. So far, all they got is young versions of Howard Lyman.

I have just watched S05E05... It was amazing... The best episode of any show since "Rains of Castamere" Alicia was outstanding... I have no words to explain how good this episode was... By far, the best episode of any show I have seen this autumn... Absolutely amazing.

That was one of the best hours of television I've seen in a good long while...I was positively giddy watching it...

I completely agree. I cracked when

Will told Alicia about Grace's call after she told him "Go to hell". It was so civilized

Archived