New "Iron Throne" Trailer

Ned's dead in the flash at the end, right? I mean he's got his eyes closed and he's kinda slumped in the throne.

http://www.westeros.org/GoT/Graphics/Gallery/Previews/GameOfThrones_Teaser04_Screencap_29.jpg

Spoiler for end of the series:

http://www.westeros.org/GoT/Graphics/Gallery/Previews/GameOfThrones_Teaser04_Screencap_27.jpg

Oh yeah, forgot to say - LOVE the look of Ghost! I'm glad they got a big enough dog to play him, he looks great. Also love Littlefinger's inclusion in this trailer!

Does anyone know who is saying the very first line in the teaser, and what he's saying? I can't make out the whole sentence.

After "Winter is coming", that is. The old-man voice.

Yeah, it's the best trailer they've done so far, IMO. It's definitely the first time I've seen NCW and though "Oh yeah, that's the Jaime Lannister I know and mancush on."

Oh yeah, forgot to say - LOVE the look of Ghost! I'm glad they got a big enough dog to play him, he looks great. Also love Littlefinger's inclusion in this trailer!

Does anyone know who is saying the very first line in the teaser, and what he's saying? I can't make out the whole sentence.

After "Winter is coming", that is. The old-man voice.

I can't remember the exact line but it's something like "It will be long and dark things will come." I'm guessing it's Maester Luwin or Maester Aemon.

It's actually a Mormont line that they shifted to Aemon. It's also shown in the 15 minute reel as part of a scene -- the line is delivered to Tyrion -- so not just a trailer thing. I think they may have tweaked it to make it more dramatic-sounding, though.

Great stuff, really liked that moody creepy vibe.

The Iron Throne is not really as described in the book. It's supposed to be made from swords melted by dragonfire. And in the HBO production not a single one is misshapen. Also the arm rest are supposed to have blades that come up between each finger. I don't mind this version though.

Love those raven/crow wings that unfold at the end for the Game of Thrones logo. Epic is right!

What do you lot think about the dragon egg Dany is holding? Does that fit your mental image of the dragon egg from the books? It doesn't fit mine, but I think it looks alright. Very scaly. Though by showing the dragon egg in the trailer they are hinting at its importance in the series. This will take away from the surprise and the shock when the eggs crack open in the end and the dragons emerge.

What do you lot think about the dragon egg Dany is holding? Does that fit your mental image of the dragon egg from the books? It doesn't fit mine, but I think it looks alright. Very scaly. Though by showing the dragon egg in the trailer they are hinting at its importance in the series. This will take away from the surprise and the shock when the eggs crack open in the end and the dragons emerge.

Dany spends the whole book feeling the eggs, musing that they are getting warmer and playing with them. It's not exactly a huge surprise when dragons hatch from them at the end, more the manner in which it happens and the timing ;)

Archived