How do you want Cersei to die?

crispy

I want her joy to turn to ash in her mouth, and i want her crimes to be revealed to all.

The incest, the cuckoldry, the infanticide, the murders, the patients for Qyburn. I want her to die, yes, but not before she is torn from the top, and her fall is visible.

I want her every treasonous machination revealed, and tho its beyond reach, i so wish Tywin could've found out the truth of her and Jaime and the children.

I wish it was confirmed, so his reaction would be shown.

I never got the impression from him that he was a truly evil person(cold, ruthless perhaps) but not evil.

Incest confirmed, does he still raise the west for his daughter and abominable grandchildren, or does he leave them to the mercy of the lords of Westeros?

Does he raise Tyrion to heir to the Rock, or marry again and sire a new brood?

I've never felt it particularly creative to feed Cersei to the lions so as to appease a large segment of the readers with the thrills of retribution; not to mention, it really would be out of character where George is concerned. I might be bias in judging the matter though. Truthfully, Cersei is easily one of my three favorite characters and I'd be, at the very least, distraught to see her go, especially only as a means of comeuppance (and not entirely deserved, in my view). And if it came to that, that she is destined to die, I truly hope that neither of her brothers will slay her, or any other "little" brother for that matter; it would be entirely too predictable and contribute nothing to the story -- readers who get their kicks from having long running prophecies being fulfilled can always read WoT.

Just wanted to point out that if Cersei is found guilty of her crimes, then Jaime would be guilty as well. I don't see why he would execute Cersei and not be executed himself.

My guess is that the prevailing sexism that seems to rule Westeros would somehow get him off. (pun most definitely intended)

Isn't Valyrian a non-gender-specific language, so that while everyone assumes valonqhar means "little brother" it actually means "younger sibling".....and possibly not necessarily the younger blood relative of the person involved but any younger sibling?

Could be Sansa, or Arya, or even Danaerys as the younger sister of Rhaegar. Or Bran or Rickon. Tommen or Myrcella. Or just about anyone really :lol:

I want her demise to be slow, I want her "Friends" to all turn on her. IIRC she pretty much made enemies of everybody in AAFC, so it would be fitting if when she needs to help most everybody turns their back on her. I think it would be great if her last moments were her world crashing in on her and all her prior activities biting her in the ass.

Another great ending to her story would just be growing old like was said.

I hope she dies of old age after being released into the custody of her adult son or daughter on compassionate grounds from a tower cell where she is serving life in prison after being justly convicted of her crimes by a jury of her fellow lords.

God, I am one sick monkey, aren't I?

I've not been on this board for long but, even taking into account my limited time here, it seems that Cersei is far and away the least sympathetic character among readers, which I really find quite surprising. Before encountering other fans, I assumed it would be Littlefinger or any of the great number of characters I find entirely more monstrous than Cersei, which would be too bothersome to list right now given how long that list is. So what is it about her that most readily lends itself to this crusade to, not only have her suffer some horrific and sadistic fate, but also singles her out among the sea of "evil" characters in the story as being worthy of the greatest punishment? Is it because she is seen as the primary antagonist? Is it because of the characters she has affected directly?

I've not been on this board for long but, even taking into account my limited time here, it seems that Cersei is far and away the least sympathetic character among readers, which I really find quite surprising. Before encountering other fans, I assumed it would be Littlefinger or any of the great number of characters I find entirely more monstrous than Cersei, which would be too bothersome to list right now given how long that list is. So what is it about her that most readily lends itself to this crusade to, not only have her suffer some horrific and sadistic fate, but also singles her out among the sea of "evil" characters in the story as being worthy of the greatest punishment? Is it because she is seen as the primary antagonist? Is it because of the characters she has affected directly?

Maybe it's because she has 0 honor. She'll lie, fuck, and scheme to get what she wants. She has tried to have people killed that did nothing more than either know what she was up to, or be honorable people.

The people that I normally root for in literature are people that I would want in my daily life, and she isn't one of them.

GH

Maybe it's because she has 0 honor. She'll lie, fuck, and scheme to get what she wants. She has tried to have people killed that did nothing more than either know what she was up to, or be honorable people.

The people that I normally root for in literature are people that I would want in my daily life, and she isn't one of them.

GH

But she is indistinguishable from so many other characters in that respect, with the possible exception of the fact that, as a beautiful woman, she can use sexual favors to advance her desires whereas Littlefinger and her father -- to use two examples -- can/could not. Thus, I don't find your explanation entirely convincing so as to explain why she is singled out.

Archived