Archer Season FIVE (cause we STILL don't need a new thread!)

Trebla

Archer returns tonight and I am pumped! This show was my favorite comedy last year. Part James Bond, part Mad Men, part Arrested Developmen and totally demented. It has rapid pace dialogue and some GRAPHIC adult content. :wideeyed:

For those of you that are unfamiliar, it was created by Adam Reed, creator of Frisky Dingo. The voice cast includes H. Jon Benjamin, Jessica Walter, Chris Parnell, Aisha Taylor, Judy Greer, and guest stars like Jeffrey Tambor and René Auberjonois.

DANGER ZONE!!

eta: oh yeah, season 1 is out on DVD.

Archer: Oh my god, you killed a hooker!

Cyril Figgis: Callgirl! She was a callgirl!

Archer: No Cyril, when they're dead, they're just hookers!

Man I can't wait for this. Lot's of loose ends from last season (if you care about what little overarching plot there is to the show.)

"Thanks a lot Bitch and Sundance"

"...police. Wait we're in Switzerland, what do you have, pikemen??" :lol:

Pretty good. I was excited when I saw Gillette because he was hilarious last season but not so much in this one. Still, I hope he gets more screen time. No Cheryl/Carol on screen? boooo.

I do not mind the absence of Carol/Cheryl as she was basically becoming a stale character, a one-trick pony of a joke centered around her choking fetish. It was amusing at first - kind of like Meredith's drinking habit in the Office - but when you show it too much and becoming more extreme (and less subtle), the joke loses its steam.

I do not mind the absence of Carol/Cheryl as she was basically becoming a stale character, a one-trick pony of a joke centered around her choking fetish. It was amusing at first - kind of like Meredith's drinking habit in the Office - but when you show it too much and becoming more extreme (and less subtle), the joke loses its steam.

Very true...

I kinda missed Fisto Roboto myself

Can they really afford to lose the erotic asphyxiation demographic by NOT having her though?

• 3 weeks later...

This season has not disappointed. Archer is such a douche. I love him :rofl:

I like shows like this reward you for paying attention. in the finale last season, they hinted that Archer might have had a child with the hooker Trinette. The German assasins ran into her and she threatened them with "My baby's father knows Krav Maga!" Archer told Cyril earlier in the season he knew Krav Maga. So last weeks episode was even more amusing.

Next week looks awesome. Woodhouse's origin!!

• 3 weeks later...

Tonight's episode was a good bounce back from last week's rather weak episode. This season overall has been great, especially the Woodhouse episode.

Tonight's highlight was Malory's granny Jungle Fever. :P

Archived