Archer Season FIVE (cause we STILL don't need a new thread!)

Trebla

Archer's cancer episode might be the best episode of the show. I almost hyperventilated during the Vegas montage with Woodhouse's brother Dickey. Booze, gambling, hookers, blow jobs! :lol: Archer's new tattoos. Wee Baby Seamus' new tattoo. And as usual, Krieger being aweome! "That'll do Pigley. That'll do"

I wasn't sure about the "does he, doesn't he" ending but it seems to be a parody of a TV trope where the character thinks he's sick, starts acting nice, but finds out he isn't sick and everything goes back to normal. But this being Archer... :P

Best comedy on TV.

Krieger as one of the Boys from Brazil and Archer's rampage. :lol:

Archer was actually sympathetic in this one, especially since his rampage was fueled by revenge for his joint-sharing elderly cancer patient friend. I also loved how every event in Archer;s life featured a picture of him and Woodhouse instead of Malory. :P

It's amusing how they play with time period. It would seem that they are in the 80's based on the era of the Cold War, Woodhouse fighting in the "Great War", and Malory apparently doing wet work in both World War II and/or the Korean war. But they also pull current pop culture references like Regis and even a Hannity reference last night. Archer once called karate the "Dane Cook of martial arts". But Archer's heroes are 60's/70's icons Steve McQueen and Burt Reynolds. They dress style is like 50's, the technology goes from the 80s (big bully computers) to having cell phone and the internet. But they never actually come out and say what year it is. :)

• 1 month later...

Might be my favorite show on television... an awesome season. Terms of Enrampagement was awesome.

For those non-Magnum PI fans (and the only reason I know this is my buddy who is a hardcore Magnum PI fan) that last scene when he asks the guy if he saw the sunset (and the whole moral code thing) is cribbed directly from the series finale of Magnum PI.

• 4 months later...

So Archer is running for a kinda mini-season of 3 new episodes. I wasn't sure if they belonged in season 2 or not, so I made a new thread. Figured it couldn't hurt to have more Archer threads.

Anyway, Archer's now a pirate king with Puddy as his reluctant manservant and they're about to have a bitchin' welcome party on Pirate Island with all the whores (wenches?).

Also, Ray is over-indulging with ISIS money, Lana still isn't over Archer, Barry's still such a dick, and we discover that apparently gay men go "sploosh" over hot guys too, except with semen.

That's about all I can remember. Good episode.

Season 3 is starting in January I believe. Not sure if these 3 episodes should be considered part of that or part of season 2.

"No I'm not going to be a pirate, I'm going to be a pirate king!"

Archived