Archer Season FIVE (cause we STILL don't need a new thread!)

Trebla

The real life models for Archer characters

None of the characters are modeled after their voice actors, though the guy who voices Krieger is the model for Gillette and the guy who does Cyril looks like a Chris Parnell clone.

http://www.vulture.c...ife-models.html

Hahaha It's kind of ironic that Ray's model looks like a serial killer and is actually the voice of Krieger.

• 4 weeks later...

Jesus, did nobody watch this week? I thought I'd missed this thread on the first page, since I didn't watch it til this morning.

This was better than last week's episode. Despite him being completely incidental to the plot, my favorite moments were Krieger moments.

"You people make me want to pump nerve gas through the vents!"

"Just say the word!"

"What are you doing?"

"What? Nothing! I'm just... a hologram! Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz!"

Also laughed my ass off at Lana's hardcore anti-immigration stances.

I thought the episode was funny, although the ending was hilarious. And it's good to see Krieger back doing his horribly unethical experiments again, aside from just the merely weird (like the mouse wedding).

Cyril really got angry and pushed back this time, which was different. He's been a pushover/whiner in the field missions up to this point.

I think Pam is my favorite character on that show. She's just a total glutton, for everything - food, sex, adventure, goldfish fights, street racing.

Good stuff. I already own it on Amazon Instant Video, but I'd do that if I hadn't.

I love that FX makes that stuff available online to watch the next day. I've forgotten a couple of times to watch the show when it aired. It makes me shudder to think of what it was like to miss an episode of an awesome show before there was any way of recording it.

They need to put more Krieger in. He is probably my favourite character. Cheryl is also fucking hilarious. She is so much more than the cliche stupid woman you'd find in other shows.

Krieger is indeed best pony. Cheryl hasn't gotten enough screentime this season either.

ETA: Also loved the Brett shout-out. Brett needs to get shot at least once this season.

They need to put more Krieger in. He is probably my favourite character. Cheryl is also fucking hilarious. She is so much more than the cliche stupid woman you'd find in other shows.

I love Krieger, but I think they're using him in exactly the right amount. I think he works best when you're not exactly sure what he's up to. Kind of like how Sgt. Hatred worked so much better on The Venture Brothers as an off-screen joke than as an actual character.

I think Cheryl is secretly running ISIS from behind the scenes.

Archived