Soccer XXVI

Renasko

Chelsea are really unbelievably poor this year. I was watching them last weekend against Fulham and it was the umpteenth time I saw this year in which they were totally uninspiring. They now have Torres, who looks every bit as sluggish as he has for the last few seasons. Drogba is nothing like what he was. Anelka had regressed back to his worst self, in a team that also features an utterly anonymous Frank Lampard. Kalou, Malouda, not up to much either. To think this is the team that many thought would win this year's title, and now they will be lucky to get a chance to pre-qualify for the CL next year.

i have a question

lets say we have a title game : lets say real - barcelona for arguments sake. and the referre denies the away team a clear penalty in the first half , disallows a proper goal as offside while the scorer was covered by at least four players and counts a goal of the opposing home team where one or possibly two players were on an offside position. at the end of the game the supporters of the home team that has unjustly won the the game by 1 goal enter the pitch and attack the players of the away team. security men deny the attacked players to enter the locker rooms by physical means and the state owned tv channel that covers the game immediately switches camera angle so that the attacks are not clearly visible during live coverage. during press conference and while the home team manager appears shocked and appaled by what has happened the home team owner and chairman states that it was a great day for football and a win of moral values and hospitality.

so the question is : can i move to one of your countries?

and secondly , am i wrong to assume that in any other country this man would be arrested and charged with harbouring murderous violence and fraud for altering the result a professional football game?

Really looking forward to seeing the match. Madrid dominated against Lyon last season, but to no effect. I'm expecting a much more clinical performance under Mourinho. They'll be a hard team to beat, this year.

Archived