Soccer XXVI

Renasko

Put aside the club loyalty. Barton's a pure shit. He's at least as bad as Kevin Muscat. There's no defence for him.

Loathe as I am to defend the orc, Muscat by all accounts is a normal human being off-field.

This would be a fair shout if the 'game' were UFC. For a footballer, though, it's a chronic understatement of the way Barton approaches the game - and indeed life.

As for 'second chances', I think Barton is on about his fortieth chance. He shows no sign of caring that he's blown dozens of 'second chances'. The man is a reprehensible creature who should, if there were any justice, have been banned for life years ago. He didn't attack Diaby because he'd got what he wanted with that challenge - he'd made Diaby lose his temper. Is that really praiseworthy? Not in the slightest.

Put aside the club loyalty. Barton's a pure shit. He's at least as bad as Kevin Muscat. There's no defence for him.

from what i have read he has had no off-pitch problems since he got out of jail. his character is certainly questionable. but, really his football is not. this year he currently is #39 in fouls conceded, #33 in yellow cards, not a single red card, has won 46 tackles, 42 key passes, #45 in successful passes, 6 assists and 4 goals. those are not the statistics of a rogue footballer with only violence and menace on his mind when he takes the pitch. his football truly has improved and matured. those stats speak for themselves, but will speak nothing to you. you only want to go on and on about what a criminal prick joey is and that he should be locked away in the deepest cells in the uk never to see the light of day again. *yawn*

and honestly is forcing an opponent to lose his own temper and make mistakes not praiseworthy? how is that any different than getting into your opponent's psyche in any other way that is common in football and many other sports? it was the turning point of the match. diaby getting sent off opened up space for newcastle and gave them the lift to get back into the game. barton was brilliant.

and luckily mormont, you do not have to like him.

from what i have read he has had no off-pitch problems since he got out of jail. his character is certainly questionable. but, really his football is not. this year he currently is #39 in fouls conceded, #33 in yellow cards, not a single red card, has won 46 tackles, 42 key passes, #45 in successful passes, 6 assists and 4 goals. those are not the statistics of a rogue footballer with only violence and menace on his mind when he takes the pitch. his football truly has improved and matured. those stats speak for themselves, but will speak nothing to you. you only want to go on and on about what a criminal prick joey is and that he should be locked away in the deepest cells in the uk never to see the light of day again. *yawn*

and honestly is forcing an opponent to lose his own temper and make mistakes not praiseworthy? how is that any different than getting into your opponent's psyche in any other way that is common in football and many other sports? it was the turning point of the match. diaby getting sent off opened up space for newcastle and gave them the lift to get back into the game. barton was brilliant.

and luckily mormont, you do not have to like him.

Lies, damned lies and statistics.

Nothing you said above includes him

, who I must congratulate for forcing Barton to lose his temper and throw the punch in the first place. Praise be to him.

I can understand you want to defend your own player, but sometimes you have to realise a prick is just a prick and no amount of sugar coating will make him any better.

Lies, damned lies and statistics.

, who I must congratulate for forcing Barton to lose his temper and throw the punch in the first place. Praise be to him.

I can understand you want to defend your own player, but sometimes you have to realise a prick is just a prick and no amount of sugar coating will make him any better.

yeah. he did punch the dude. should have been sent off for it.

but, still i have my statistics that back up my front on his playing style quite well.

i am not saying he is not a prick. joey is good for the pitch, but i would unlikely invite him over for dinner. if i were to host a newcastle united dinner party it would be harper, jonas and kevin nolan who got the invite. joey's invitation will be lost in the mail.

That clip is just making me annoyed at a fellow Norwegian for throwing himself to the ground.

Joey Barton shouldn't be a professional footballer, and he knows it. All that has followed after has been weakness after weakness rearing it's ugly head. He's inferior, and should've stayed in the championship.

from what i have read he has had no off-pitch problems since he got out of jail.

He got out of jail less than 18 months ago. And let's remember he was sent to jail in the first place for punching a man twenty times and assaulting a teenager - and that he was on bail at the time for two prior offences, not including him seriously assaulting a team-mate at Manchester City. Since then, he's been banned for three matches by the FA for violent conduct (as others pointed out), called his manager 'shit' and the assistant manager 'a prick' because they dropped him, and made racist and homophobic remarks to fellow professionals - but since that was on the pitch, maybe it doesn't matter? Maybe it's actually 'praiseworthy'? He was just trying to get them to lose their temper, right? Just 'getting into their psyche'?

I realise pro footballers aren't all going to be saints, but Barton should have been banned for life a long time ago.

p.s. speaking of stats, Barton has six yellow cards this season. One in every four matches. And that's not counting the red he should have had for the Pedersen incident. What do those stats show? I'll leave people to draw their own conclusions.

i'll declare my Newcastle Bias upfront. Joey barton is a shit bag, but he is showing himsel this year to be an excellent footballer. and if he was a decent human being he'd be totally deserving of an england call up on current form.

strangely when he isn't being a twat he is one of the more quotable and interesting footballers

http://en.wikiquote.org/wiki/Joey_Barton

the frank lampards breakfast quote is my particular favorite.

So mormont, let me assume I should not get your size for an official 'i heart barton' tshirt?

:lol: You could start a clothing line. 'I heart Bowyer'. 'I heart Muscat'. 'I heart Diouf'.

Andy Carroll should have worn one. he scored a lot of his goals this year from Barton Crosses.

there is a difference between good and successful professional relationship and loving someone ;)

EDIT:

if you ever make a "i had a good and successful professional relationship with burton" then i'd be very dissapointed if carroll didn't get one

In other news, John Carews new tattoo (article in Norwegian, with picture) may mean "My life, my menstruation" due to an accent error. :D

Actually not, the accent is wrong, but that doesn't change the meaning. If the orthographically challenged tattoo artist had spelled it correctly, the line would have a double meaning. But "My life, my menstruation" makes no sense, unlike "my life, my rules".

Actually not, the accent is wrong, but that doesn't change the meaning. If the orthographically challenged tattoo artist had spelled it correctly, the line would have a double meaning. But "My life, my menstruation" makes no sense, unlike "my life, my rules".

"Ma vie. Mes règles". :lol:

Yeah, I don't know. Without thinking about it twice, you would just think about the "my life, my rules" meaning. But you can get to the second meaning very quickly.

That clip is just making me annoyed at a fellow Norwegian for throwing himself to the ground.

I know the thread has moved on, but I have to respond to this. Have you ever been punched in the solar plexus by a professional athlete? I'm almost certain there was nothing fake about Pedersen's reaction.

Archived