Aussies LIII

Paxter

GS - Are you a TWU member or is that a waste of time and money? Making waves is never a fun thing either unless you intend to leave them.

Pax - Well done! Yeah I remember being at ECU Joondalup and them playing some music that sounded like it came from star wars followed by some fireworks at the end. Following that I had to get some photos taken and having a part ethnic family they had to all come and watch and give the photographer a hard time until I said enough. Whatever nothing compared to the pomp and ceromony of an ADFA graduation...

Pax am glad to hear you enjoyed the Graduation, You seemed a tad nervous about it in chat.

Now how the hell do we get our hands on some of the photos that you insisted would not be taken?

I am sober now and still annoyed about it, should have said " Tell Ricki that if I make it back with no accidents he owes me a bottle of 16 year old Glenlivvet!"

I am going to ring them today to see if I can find out exactly what went wrong. When I stopped and told them to call a tow truck I had 1kg/cm^2 left in the tank but when I got back to base it was sitting on 3kg/cm^2 and I really want to know how the pressure can increase when the engine is turned off.

It may literally have just been the pressure gauge that was stuffed and setting off the alarm. Even so I didn't know that.

OLP TWU is not my favourite union. A few past runins with corrupt organisers has me unwilling to have anything to do with them.

FWIW, I'm officially a graduate now after having my BCom(Hons), LLB presented to me last night. The pomp and ceremony of the actual graduation was a little bit over the top (as was my parents' insistence that I have around fifty photos taken and get my degrees framed), but the boozy celebrations with mates afterwards made it a decent evening :thumbsup:.

I'm also a graduate now, had my ceremony on Tuesday, BSc for me, no honours at this point, maybe in the future. Were you at UWA? If so, I know exactly what you mean about the pomp and ceremony, although I got out of having fifty photos taken :P I should probably frame my degree though...

I've had it stuck in my head ever since. Not even that Friday song could overcome it.

TBH, I don't even remember that song. Either I was completely gone or I just avoided you guys the whole night. Probably a combination of both? :dunno:

I'm also a graduate now, had my ceremony on Tuesday, BSc for me, no honours at this point, maybe in the future. Were you at UWA? If so, I know exactly what you mean about the pomp and ceremony, although I got out of having fifty photos taken :P I should probably frame my degree though...

Congrats Rinzy :cheers:. And yeah, I was studying at U-dub (and I can't really seem to escape the place as I'm now working there). Well done on evading the photos - we were queuing-up for over an hour on the night. Are you working this year or taking a gap year?

Apparently I took a girl out for a date on Saturday night. She is a friend from High School. I asked her if she wanted to do something on the weekend and she said she was free, so I suggested food and booze. She agreed and also suggested dancing. She asked if she was going to be my wingman or super good arm candy, naturally I said super good arm candy.

So I picked her up around eight from her house and drove in to town and we had a nice dinner and then we went for drinks and dancing at a night club. All in all it was a good night of dancing and whatnot, we got a cab home. I got out at my place, paid the majority of what the cab fair would be and went to bed.

Now I just thought this was a good friendly get together but prior to said event people were asking what I was doing for the night and I explained I was going for dinner and drinks with said girl and got the same reaction:

"Ohh, date night!" followed by squealing and/or impish laughter.

So what I am saying, is that a date? Even with no, to me, romantic undertones. Don't get me wrong I find the girl very attractive but she is way out of my league and I didn't really think of it as a date until others mentioned it.

If it is infact, a date, then I must take people on regular dates. I am confused.

Help.

So what I am saying, is that a date? Even with no, to me, romantic undertones. Don't get me wrong I find the girl very attractive but she is way out of my league and I didn't really think of it as a date until others mentioned it.

1. Don't sell yourself short.

2. You can of course just go hang out with a friend with no questions asked. The thing is, did it feel like a date? It sounds like it didn't. Did it feel like you were with your mates and just having a good night? If so, it probably wasn't a date.

3. Ask her to go out for the same sort of night next weekend and you'll know if she considered it a date by her answer. ;)

1. Don't sell yourself short.

2. You can of course just go hang out with a friend with no questions asked. The thing is, did it feel like a date? It sounds like it didn't. Did it feel like you were with your mates and just having a good night? If so, it probably wasn't a date.

3. Ask her to go out for the same sort of night next weekend and you'll know if she considered it a date by her answer. ;)

What if I also paid for dinner?

I don't get it, sriously to me it is clear that to her it was a date. What I don't get is how I can see these things for others but pretty much always miss them myself.

Ski she asked you if she was going to be your wingman or super good etc etc

Wingman = mate

super good arm candy = date

Personally if it were me I would also have been clueless.

ok talk about missing the signs for myself. I arranged to give a friend a massage, her back had been giving her trouble. Told her to shower first and get nice and warm.

I warmed up oil and towels.

Now while giving this woman a massage she didn't just lay flat but went on all fours saying it was easier on her back.

I was basically ok and kept loosening up her back muscles. Anyway after around an hr or so her back had finally freed up and I was finished so I tell her that is it and to go have a shower to get rid of the excess massage oil. I cannot repeat her reply or what she then did or it will become NWS so let me just say it was explicit and something I wanted no part of.

But there must have been signs of interest before this and I just totally missed them.

ETA: Rinzy that is also great news, congrats and hope all that work was worth it.

Look at poor ol Paxter there he seems destined for a life of academia. :P

let me just say it was explicit and something I wanted no part of.

ORLY? That's not the impression I got in chat on Wednesday arvo...

Not. Going. To. Happen.

While it sounds like a date, I'd be careful. You don't want to presume these sort of things. Her being a high school friend makes it difficult to judge. How close of a friend are/were you two? It could be that she is being nice and you were being all macho (naturally! :P). I think Stubby's No.3 comment sounds like a good way to find out.

Not. Going. To. Happen.

Famous last words of all academics, I believe :P

Congrats Rinzy :cheers:. And yeah, I was studying at U-dub (and I can't really seem to escape the place as I'm now working there). Well done on evading the photos - we were queuing-up for over an hour on the night. Are you working this year or taking a gap year?

Thanks. I'm planning on doing a bit of both. I'm hoping to find a part time job to tide me over til next year, when I'm planning on going to TAFE, and I'm also volunteering at a native animal rescue, which I'm enjoying so far.

What sort of work are you doing at the uni?

ETA: Rinzy that is also great news, congrats and hope all that work was worth it.

Thanks, I think all the work was worth it, but only time will tell.

Thanks. I'm planning on doing a bit of both. I'm hoping to find a part time job to tide me over til next year, when I'm planning on going to TAFE, and I'm also volunteering at a native animal rescue, which I'm enjoying so far.

What sort of work are you doing at the uni?

I teach accounting and finance and also do some research assistant and IT work at the Business School. It's basically just a stop-gap job while I hopefully land a decent full-time job or if not just head overseas and teach English for a while.

Kudos for doing the volunteer work BTW - I had a mate who was doing similar work some years ago and it's harder than it sounds. What's the reason for going to TAFE after finishing a BSc?

Ski - as others said don't sell yourself short. There are some girls I've been with where I had no idea why they liked me, they just did and fortunately enough they had enough confidence themselves to make the first move, perhaps your 'friend' just doesn't. Talk about sex (something innocent) and see her reaction. Having said that the girls at work tell me about their orgasms etc and only do so because they see me as a girlfriend.

GS- So shes had a shower, you're dipping your hands in massage oil and she gets on all fours on the bed....and you didn't see that coming? LOL

Juicy story anyway.

Archived