Aussies LIII

Paxter

Very cool :smoking:

I didn't really want you guys to know that I am a very rich/popular man. I wanted you to like me, for me.

I think we can believe the rich but popular?

Nahhhhhhh :P

ohh 25th is during eastore break

thats how come a 5 day weekend :)

ANZAC day? Knocking back some more cans I brewed at U Brew It. I don't go to dawn services anymore and marches here lack any atmosphere as opposed to Sydney or Melbourne etc. See if they run another bad Aussie war film (kokoda).

GS, you told your current work your good news yet? It's fun doing that.

Anyone got anymore news on when GOTR is coming to HBO on Aussie Foxtel? Looked at the Emilia Clarke webpage for screencaps and trailers etc. and saw some of the notorious scenes of her brother almost molesting her and her devirginising by drogo...not pretty...screencaps

Anyone got anymore news on when GOTR is coming to HBO on Aussie Foxtel?...

OLP,

This info page on the Westeros site proper has some speculation that GoT will be on Showcase in July.

I have sent off a query to Showcase about GoT today and will post any confirmation I get back.

Stubs.

Thanks Stubs.

Kissoon, I wasn't that impressed by it sadly, I'd heard good things too. Ended really abruptly too. Was also a dissapointing history fact at the very end too, considering everything it had been made out to be about a little band of Aussies changing the world as usual. But it is probably more an indication of the frustrating nature of trench warfare.

On the ANZAC day viewing schedule, I see a new doco has been done about what it means to be a 'digger'. Could be interesting as it looks like it will cover the highlights of Australian engagements since before WW1.

From the trailers on Foxtel, I know I've the host's voice before but cannot place him yet.

I think OLP has pretty (read: extremely) high standards for Australian films. He wasn't even impressed by Animal Kingdom :stunned:.

Hey I personally own a copy of that Shane Abess film Gabriel and I always hated Heath Ledger but used to like Two Hands. I don't know exactly what else it was about Hill 60. Actors were fine, just the storyline, always dark lighting ,mixed with flashbacks of a girlfriend left at home (but I'm lacking sentimentality a bit). I like Gyton Grantley and kept imagining a German screaming "Please don't kill me Carl." As for Animal Kingdom, what did I say, good actors, something just lacking. Kept worrying the girlfirend was going to be raped. I think we've got great actors, good directors but something about our style is just different/not up to the standard of US/UK industry IMO. But of course there are excpetions like this gem I saw one night at work Aussie Park Boyz . Actually filmed in Perth. :lmao:

In regards to the dark lighting or other directing choices, I'm fairly certain these are made for a reason. if they do make you feel like the girl is going to get raped or the film's lighting is too dark it's because the director wants you to feel a certain way. If anything that is a great movie and you can't handle those sorts of emotions?

In regards to the dark lighting or other directing choices, I'm fairly certain these are made for a reason. if they do make you feel like the girl is going to get raped or the film's lighting is too dark it's because the director wants you to feel a certain way. If anything that is a great movie and you can't handle those sorts of emotions?

Bad lighting for Hill 60 - Didn't make me feel like I was in a tunnel with them.

Animal Kingdom - You are right in a way if it gets you on edge it's making it feel real. Aussie settings tend to be a bit more realistic to me because it's closer to home. No I can't handle how such a scene would make me feel all that well, I might have walked out for a bit.

What's everyone doing this long Easter weekend? I'm working as of a few minutes ago.

Swancon.

Ser Camaris is here and we'll be meeting up with Paxter a bit later for the registration and first panels tonight.

And I sympathise with you for having to work during the break. It's never fun.

Archived