Aussies LIII

Paxter

ok 4 days almost at the Gumeracha medieval fair and while in the main it was a great time the simple fact is that I am totally exhausted so will post more about it soon if I get the chance. time for bed I think 7.30 pm and I am crashing?

ohh well.

So it appears that somewhere around our house is a sign telling stray cats 'softhearted human male lives here, apply within'

In other words, its starting to look like we are about to have a new cat.

I remember a Looney Tunes cartoon where some dog harasses Porky Pig for some reason and Porky asks what do you think I am and we see his head transform into a chuppa chup wrapper with the word sucker written across it.

I house sat for some people once who had a cat that would dissappear for days at a time ane they believed it had multiple surrogate owners.

Yeah I can see us being played like that.

We aquired our first cat when in wandered onto the property one day and just didn't leave again. I wouldn't let anyone feed her for three days but she wore me down eventually.

She got hit by a car and I swore no more cats while we live here but guess what was sitting on my feet last night?

Yeah I can see us being played like that.

We aquired our first cat when in wandered onto the property one day and just didn't leave again. I wouldn't let anyone feed her for three days but she wore me down eventually.

She got hit by a car and I swore no more cats while we live here but guess what was sitting on my feet last night?

Was it a cat?

It looks like I've got a double-dip of NSW next week - I have to fly-in to Sydney for a job interview with the Reserve Bank on Monday and return to WA by Wednesday morning for work. Then I'm flying back to the East Coast for the BwB meet on Friday. So the beers on Friday night will be well-earned (which frankly makes a change where I'm concerned). Job applications are going fairly well - I'm also being considered at Federal Treasury, DFAT, Dept of Finance, ASIC and some private firms. The Department of the Prime Minister & Cabinet knocked me back...

BTW, forget what I said about cashing in on the high AUD. I spoke to a few mates who are more in the know than I am and they reckon the Aussie dollar will probably go even higher until the next US Presidency is sorted out and real work can actually start happening on tackling their deficit.

If someone ever got me a pet moose I'd be stoked.

Don't lie mate. We all know that only one pet would make you truly happy.

It looks like I've got a double-dip of NSW next week - I have to fly-in to Sydney for a job interview with the Reserve Bank on Monday and return to WA by Wednesday morning for work. Then I'm flying back to the East Coast for the BwB meet on Friday. So the beers on Friday night will be well-earned (which frankly makes a change where I'm concerned). Job applications are going fairly well - I'm also being considered at Federal Treasury, DFAT, Dept of Finance, ASIC and some private firms.

:thumbsup: Awesome news bud. How many of these are in Sydney?

The Department of the Prime Minister & Cabinet knocked me back...

Well, did you spit on their face and tell them that their immigration policy is a disgrace and that they are a bunch of incompetent baboons?

It looks like I've got a double-dip of NSW next week - I have to fly-in to Sydney for a job interview with the Reserve Bank on Monday and return to WA by Wednesday morning for work. Then I'm flying back to the East Coast for the BwB meet on Friday. So the beers on Friday night will be well-earned (which frankly makes a change where I'm concerned). Job applications are going fairly well - I'm also being considered at Federal Treasury, DFAT, Dept of Finance, ASIC and some private firms. The Department of the Prime Minister & Cabinet knocked me back...

Best of luck mate.

The Reserve Bank position sounds pretty good, but we'll have to rescind your Sandroper privilges if you up stumps. :P

BTW, forget what I said about cashing in on the high AUD. I spoke to a few mates who are more in the know than I am and they reckon the Aussie dollar will probably go even higher until the next US Presidency is sorted out and real work can actually start happening on tackling their deficit.

Don't lie mate. We all know that only one pet would make you truly happy.

Other jobs in Canberra? All I can tell you about those is that Treasury is a bitch for parking after 8am, DFAT come on serious!? Don't worry about PM&C their coffee shop is very up and down. Most parking is becoming a bitch in the Parliamentary triangle. But good luck with all of them anyway.

Unicorn eh, for me it would be either that or a Luck Dragon that I can ride on pumping my fist and chase people who bully me.

Or a turkey?

This. Delicious.

Good luck Pax on the job hunt and the interviews. Knock them out.

Here I was going to get some US dosh ready for next year, lucky you warned me. Just a quick show of hands: who is going to be attending Worldcon in Chicago next year?

2 x Aye.

Here I was going to get some US dosh ready for next year, lucky you warned me. Just a quick show of hands: who is going to be attending Worldcon in Chicago next year?

Yep, I'll most likely be going.

I'm also holding off on buying US dollars for now.

edit: Oh and good luck with the interviews Pax

Ok well Pax I wish you all the best mate. Lets face it the day the PM's office wants someone competent who would show them up is the day the earth stands still.

Medieval fair went pretty well except for a few blow ups with the ex partner.I will continue to do fairs with her but I will be doing crystals and she will be selling her herbs etc. Silly woman still hasn't figured out that it was the crystals that made us most of our money.

I am just sick of beating my head against a brick wall trying to tell her that we need to be contactable in other words both have working phones and have an internet site with a minimum of our contact numbers on it.

Anyway have been working my and Ann's butts off getting ready for the move to Roxby tomorrow, I am both scared and excited about this new job.

Brook you think you have trouble with cats I have had them follow me for over a km meowing piteously at me until they gave up and I could finally head home.

ok time to go pizza will be here soon and I am ravenous

Take care all and will post again as soon as I can.

Archived