Aussies LIII

Paxter

What's everyone doing this long Easter weekend? I'm working as of a few minutes ago. That's what happens when asylum seekers decide to burn their accomadations down on a holiday. :angry:

Sorry to hear OLP - don't know enough about the asylum seeker situation to voice an opinion but I hope things going down there are ok and no one on either side got hurt.

As for me over Easter, I'll be doing the usual church thing (I regularly attend church anyway), eating, sleeping, catching up with a few friends over the weekend. And then back to school afterwards. Hopefully the kids aren't too feral after the holidays...!

Low blow griff =(

Also, when are you starting the new job? do you have medicals lined up?

Start date was supposed to be the 9th of may but gave notice today and medical is not for another 6 weeks min.

So while they called and want me to start ASAP I need to sort some stuff so it will be the 6th or possibly the 5th. They are putting me up in a hotel until they can rent me a house up there. It is so nice to feel wanted, even if the old job is trying to hang on to me as long as possible.

They want me to finish on the Friday next week but it is not going to happen.

Thursday is when I leave Symons and Clarke and then the medieval fair for 4 days ( 2 days of setting up and taking down )then it is off to Roxby but with a small amount of time spent finalising stuff here.

Had to get maccas at the end. :stillsick:

Ha ha!

I milked 'mum threw a fit when I told her I was making lasagna on good friday so we need to have seafood' :D Fish and Chips for lunch and a kilo of prawns for dinner.

I may never move again but I'm very happy :)

Ha ha!

I milked 'mum threw a fit when I told her I was making lasagna on good friday so we need to have seafood' :D Fish and Chips for lunch and a kilo of prawns for dinner.

I may never move again but I'm very happy :)

Sounds great Brook! :thumbsup:

Now, I'll just go into that corner and think of all the food I'm not going to have tonight. :crying:

greetings people :) yes, i am the notorious sister of paxter.

what dirt would you like?

Pax has a sister?

Pics please :P

don't really care about dirt he is too nice a guy for that, when he gets into politics well thats another story :)

ohh and welcome

Pax's sister? Really? This is gonna be sweet ... :P

Pax, btw, I do regret the lack of attendance at bwb events but I am fairly sure that every time I try to plan something or go somewhere, days somehow disappear from my calendar. Sadface. And was that Essendon 6th on the ladder? Dude, I'll happily take that. And since Harvs is your coach, I'm pleased for him with Freo's success.

So, some random thoughts about the GOT premiere:

1. Boobies. Lots of boobies. I was a bit shocked; much easier to read the scenes than to see them.

2. I love Arya, by far my favourite character. Maisie is such a little cutie too. However, I'm sad that they pronounce her name "Are-ya" as in "are ya gonna eat that last chip". I always thought it would be ARE-RI-A and I'm still gonna give that name to my daughter.

3. The start is pretty boring. If I wasn't bajillion excited about the show and already a fan of the series, I might not have made it through the first 5 mins. I guess it is the same start as the book but still not the best beginning, I think.

4. Does everyone do it doggy style in Westeros?

5. Cersei and Jaime are gorgeous.

6. Sansa is not really what I pictured at all. I thought she should be pretty enough that we like her even though she's a spoilt brat, but I didn't feel any connection with her at all. Let's hope I warm to her later on.

Good Friday today at Yosemite; it kinda snowed. Compare that to Death Valley, where I was yesterday, I think it got to 38 degrees. Everything seems open over this long weekend, thank goodness. I've received separate instructions from my sister and mother to go to church. Sigh. Apparently there's a totally sweet gospel choir church in San Fran but too hard to find it and I am guessing it would probably be packed on Easter Sunday. Now have to figure out how to watch Dons v Pies on Anzac Day.

Hugs to all.

greetings people :) yes, i am the notorious sister of paxter.

what dirt would you like?

YESSS! :lol:

I would like to know a few things:

1. Does he really cook? if so, how shit does his cooking taste?

2. What nickname does he really really hate? We need something that is worse than 'Prearts'. Some petname your parents call him perhaps?

3. Is he as big of a dick in everyday life as he is on the board (and chat)?

4. Is he a secret admirer of Pauline Hanson?

5. Does he have nude posters of Billy Joel in his bedroom?

That's all I can think of for now. Perhaps you can add something! :D

Also, ignore Gryphon Strike, that's how he greets all the new people in this thread :P

2. I love Arya, by far my favourite character. Maisie is such a little cutie too. However, I'm sad that they pronounce her name "Are-ya" as in "are ya gonna eat that last chip". I always thought it would be ARE-RI-A and I'm still gonna give that name to my daughter.

Yeah, the way they pronounced it annoyed me. Sounded silly.

YESSS! :lol:

I would like to know a few things:

1. Does he really cook? if so, how shit does his cooking taste?

2. What nickname does he really really hate? We need something that is worse than 'Prearts'. Some petname your parents call him perhaps?

3. Is he as big of a dick in everyday life as he is on the board (and chat)?

4. Is he a secret admirer of Pauline Hanson?

5. Does he have nude posters of Billy Joel in his bedroom?

That's all I can think of for now. Perhaps you can add something! :D

Also, ignore Gryphon Strike, that's how he greets all the new people in this thread :P

Ignore me?

bloody hell thats the trouble with you newcomers.

I was actually wondering has anyone here been coming to the Aussie thread as long as I have?

2001 was when I started.

must be doing something right though since they have never asked me to be a mod :P

sorry stubby had to.

Hope everyone is having a great easter and did someone mention boobies?

May have to find a way to watch the series after all.

Ignore me?

bloody hell thats the trouble with you newcomers.

I was actually wondering has anyone here been coming to the Aussie thread as long as I have?

2001 was when I started.

must be doing something right though since they have never asked me to be a mod :P

sorry stubby had to.

Hope everyone is having a great easter and did someone mention boobies?

May have to find a way to watch the series after all.

There are a few of us still around GS...I remember posting in the first Aussies thread on ezboard in 1999 or 2000 when I was a wee little teenager reading the books for the first time. I think it was started by Ants, either him or Maeglin.

Archived