NHL: Playoff Edition

BLU-RAY

(3) Boston vs. (5) Tampa Bay - Tampa in 7.

I've been underestimating TB all postseason long. Not anymore.

(1) Vancouver vs. (2) San Jose - Vancouver in 7.

The key here? The Sedins. If they can get on-track, I think the Canucks are going to the finals. If not, well...

Agh. Sorry to see the Wings out, but hat's off to the Sharks. They deserved it.

For the rest of the series I'm thinking

Boston in 6 over Tampa (Gotta pull for homeboy Tim Thomas)

Vancouver in 7 over San Jose

As an aside...I think the officiating has been noticeably better this year than the last few. Let's hope it continues.

Edit: I'd be happy for any team that wins it this year.

Boston vs. Tampa Bay: Tampa Bay in 6. Gonna ride the Lightning. And I really don't love Boston's chances with Bergeron concussed.

Vancouver vs. San Jose: Like Detroit-SJ last round, could see anything happening here, really. I'll take San Jose in 6, I think it'll be either that or Vancouver in 7, will give the Sharks and the Shark Tank the benefit of the doubt.

OK.

Good to know. No longer paying any attention to the bigot known as Sirius. I'd rather talk to hockey fans.

:blush: Californian doesn't have a sense of humour? I thought you were the one that only showed up in time for the ploffs...

As for the remaining series:

Boston vs Tampa

Boston in 7

Bergeron's return will be all the B's need to shut down Tampa's offense. Also I have some unfounded dislike for Roloson that I can't quite explain, gotta cheer against him.

Vancouver vs San Jose

San Jose in 6

San Jose is slowly inching their way closer to playoff success. I don't think they'll win it all this year, but I think they'll keep making progress. As much as I don't think Niemi is good enough to beat the Canucks, I don't think the Sedins are good enough in the playoffs to carry the Canucks. Maybe Kesler will keep up his Conn Smyth offseason, but I see the Canuckleheads choking here once again. Maybe LoB won't hate me if I root for the Sharks?

Little late with predictions with TB up 3-1, but I'll go with what I thought beforehand.

Boston vs TB. Boston in 6. I really did not expect either of these teams to be here, but Tampa doesn't do it for me. Bergeron loss is huge. Especially even if he comes back we know he won't be 100% and won't be the player he was. Roloson was on a great hotstreak, and I think the 8 days off or whatever may have snapped him of that but obviously not tonight...

San Jose vs Vancouver. San Jose in 5. Game 7 victory has got them rolling. They proved themselves with a real task against Detroit. Vancouver has had the easiest playoffs by far of the 4 left(as the President's trophy winner this makes sense) and they have struggled I thought against two mediocre teams. San Jose is already clicking and away we go.

:blush: Californian doesn't have a sense of humour?

My sense of humor is fantastic! Just not regarding completely random homophobic remarks creeping into the hockey thread for no reason.

I thought you were the one that only showed up in time for the ploffs...

Pffft. Sometimes real life happens and I can't fuck around on message boards as much as I used to. Anyone who has actually been around for a while knows better.

Maybe LoB won't hate me if I root for the Sharks?

I don't hate you brother. I just wish you'd use your brain-to-mouth filter a bit more often.

My goodness, what an opening for Tampa! That gameplan switcharoo was phenomenal for one period. But can those shenanigans get them 4 games?

Any one else amused that the NHL continues to run ads about Philly running the table and the "Ovechtrick?"

The Bruins are playing like this is just another regular season game. How the fuck do they expect to best Roloson by taking shots at him that he can see? And the shots they do take are from the corner. They are letting TB keep the puck on the boards and the results show. Plus, penalties. That PP goal which put them up 4-1 was totally avoidable. We should expect to see the Bruins to take charge in Game 2.

Ugly night on all levels for the B's.

Moment of silence for Boogaard lasts ~2 seconds

Obscenities yelled during this moment of silence

Fans booing the powerplay

Fan leaving with 3-4 minutes left

The fans that didn't leave throwing garbage on the ice

Lucic and Horton gooning it up with under a minute to go throwing sucker punches; would possibly be a suspension if Gregory Campbell wasn't playing for the Bruins

Julien yelling his head off about the previous two penalties that have no impact on the game any longer

And they also didn't play that great

Ugly night on all levels for the B's.

Moment of silence for Boogaard lasts ~2 seconds

Obscenities yelled during this moment of silence

Fans booing the powerplay

Fan leaving with 3-4 minutes left

The fans that didn't leave throwing garbage on the ice

Lucic and Horton gooning it up with under a minute to go throwing sucker punches; would possibly be a suspension if Gregory Campbell wasn't playing for the Bruins

Julien yelling his head off about the previous two penalties that have no impact on the game any longer

And they also didn't play that great

1) Bruins fans are a classy bunch, I'd like to say I was surprised but I wasn't, at all.

2) I think Lucic and Horton gooning it up was good for the Bruins as a team, just doesn't look good, at all. But as a B's fan, it was nice to see something, anything, out of the two guys who need to start carrying this team.

3) My Hab-loving mother was ripping on Julien pretty good for that. I was trying to lip-read a bit and honestly I think all he was saying was "how many men?". You have to admit it was quite the gongshow with Lucic and Horton getting the penalties and then Seguin and whoever else ending up showing as the penalties on the time-clock. I would have been frustrated in Julien's position too.

Does Niemi make anyone else nervous in there? It's like watching Thomas or Roloson, I can't help but be worried everytime a puck heads their way, even though they end up stopping 9+ out of 10.

ETA: Also, HORRIBLE offside call there. Heatley puts that in the net, the game is all but over headed into the third. Better not end up influencing the game too much.

Nice headlock, Vlasic. :thumbsdown:

Oh c'mon. Weren't you around the last time we talked about penalties you have to risk taking to save a goal? With 3 for 3 on the PK what would you want your defenseman to do in that situation? If the answer isn't "anything he can that isn't actually criminal" than your either lying or a type of hockey fan I am unfamiliar with.

So yes, there was what appeared to be a headlock for approximately .8 seconds. No one saw it and/or saw fit to call a penalty. Just like when that Canuck punched that Shark in the face earlier.

Anyway, enough piffle. That period was fucking intense. We're all better for having 3-6 more games of this.

Oh c'mon. Weren't you around the last time we talked about penalties you have to risk taking to save a goal? With 3 for 3 on the PK what would you want your defenseman to do in that situation? If the answer isn't "anything he can that isn't actually criminal" than your either lying or a type of hockey fan I am unfamiliar with.

So yes, there was what appeared to be a headlock for approximately .8 seconds. No one saw it and/or saw fit to call a penalty. Just like when that Canuck punched that Shark in the face earlier.

Anyway, enough piffle. That period was fucking intense. We're all better for having 3-6 more games of this.

Guess I should have been clearer: I don't really fault Vlasic. It's not like it was a malicious play or anything; he was just doing whatever he could to try and help his goalie. Nothing wrong with that. Just, as a Canuck fan, I was miffed that it didn't get called. And yes, I'm sure there's been a play or two that Sharks fans could point out the other way. I'm rooting for the Canucks, and as such, I get upset when a call doesn't go their way. Natural, no?

Guess I should have been clearer: I don't really fault Vlasic. It's not like it was a malicious play or anything; he was just doing whatever he could to try and help his goalie. Nothing wrong with that. Just, as a Canuck fan, I was miffed that it didn't get called. And yes, I'm sure there's been a play or two that Sharks fans could point out the other way. I'm rooting for the Canucks, and as such, I get upset when a call doesn't go their way. Natural, no?

Absolutely. Also, I have 17 minutes between periods with little else to do but be nervous or give you a hard time about shit like that. :P

Archived