NHL: Playoff Edition

BLU-RAY

In other news, the Caps are in a little hot water, being down 0-2 and playing the next two games in Tampa. But I think they were robbed in those two games, and if they keep playing the way they've been playing, they should still come out on top. That TB goal which bounced off of Green's skate was just pure luck and really made all the difference in that game.

I would like to come out and say that the Lightning are really clicking and the Caps need to pick it up to overcome this surprisingly formidable opponent. But I just can't do it.

I suppose I have no choice but to man up and defend the Caps like a whiny bitch, and claim that the Lightning are getting lucky breaks. It seems hard for me to believe that we are getting FAR more shots on goal than them, and yet they now have won two one-goal games based on fluke bounces off our own players.

Nonetheless, we need to do better. Hopefully we'll turn it around. It's not like the Lightning have a strong home-ice advantage.

I would like to come out and say that the Lightning are really clicking and the Caps need to pick it up to overcome this surprisingly formidable opponent. But I just can't do it.

I suppose I have no choice but to man up and defend the Caps like a whiny bitch, and claim that the Lightning are getting lucky breaks. It seems hard for me to believe that we are getting FAR more shots on goal than them, and yet they now have won two one-goal games based on fluke bounces off our own players.

That's the way they play though. Pack it in, give up a lot of shots, but don't allow a lot of high quality scoring chances.

that said, i expected the caps to steamroll them.

<-- Not surprised, I think Tampa is a legitimate team. With Malkin and Crosby out, I think they have the best top-three forwards in the league; I rate Roloson; and I think they have a good set of lower-line grinders. I know Washington has been a strong defensive team this year, but every year I have a difficult time envisioning them winning multiple playoff series. Something about the team just seems inherently flawed, maybe it's just the goaltending; but the kid they've got has been pretty good. I dunno.

C'mon you slackers! It's the playoffs!

And my goodness did Boston look overwhelmed last night. Until they won it in OT. I'd microscopically prefer the Bruins to advance over the Chris Prongers, but I'm not sure I can see how.

And holy shit Washington! What karmic mortal sin did you guys commit anyway? Tampa just turned on the gas. Plenty of time left though.

13-1 shots this period, good grief. That is absurd.

Demonblade, I agree, I don't think Neuverth is a weak link, but I just have difficulty taking Washington seriously as a contender, and I can't really put my finger on why.

Going to (most likely) be a shame to lose Ovechkin's exuberance in the next round. Not to mention Marco Sturm's newfound Mike Ricciness, Matt Bradley's Matt Bradleyness, and Scott Hannan's bought LoB a drink on two separate occassionsness.

Instant transition to Nashville. Nice. Mainlining hockey.

And holy moly Vancouver is swarming.

ETA:

Dear Nashville,

Scoring might be easier for you if you ever put a shot on goal. Try it, you might like it!

Edit2: Another OT game? I wonder what the record for this is, because it feels like it might get broken this year.

Well it looks like the Caps are on the way out. Hey, I may have guessed that series half-right. I guessed that it would be over in five games. Too bad that now it looks like it's gonna be TB that gets through. Unfortunate, as they look to be playing hurt. Oh well. Time to root for the Sharks, I guess.

Well it looks like the Caps are on the way out. Hey, I may have guessed that series half-right. I guessed that it would be over in five games. Too bad that now it looks like it's gonna be TB that gets through. Unfortunate, as they look to be playing hurt. Oh well. Time to root for the Sharks, I guess.

Well, at least the Caps were clearly outplayed this time. Our defense this series has been atrocious. Not much else to say about it. Next game is tonight, I expect it's over.

Argh, these big series leads are making for some boring hockey for those of us who don't have teams left. I have 0 urge to watch games and now they're my last entertainment resort. Give me some game 5's, 6's and 7's and I'll be there, but this just isn't going well

Wow, it looks like we may have three sweeps. All despite having so many overtimes this post-season. I feel bad for Boudreau, as it looks like he's got to go, because it looked like a few of his key players just didn't show up this series and when that happens, the coach is often the one to go. I can't believe how much of a non-factor some of their players were, like Backstrom and Semin. Green apparently was playing through an injury, but he seems to always be playing through an injury.

At least the Flyers and the Red Wings look to be on their way out.

Argh, these big series leads are making for some boring hockey for those of us who don't have teams left. I have 0 urge to watch games and now they're my last entertainment resort. Give me some game 5's, 6's and 7's and I'll be there, but this just isn't going well

Agreed. These conference semifinals are becoming quite lopsided.

Why are all the talking heads assuming Vancouver is going to the cup again since they're up 2-1 on Nashville. "Nashville has absolutely no scoring depth." "They're really struggling to find some offense out there."

Uh, Vancouver has 1 more goal than Nashville in this series. High powered high flying Canucks have 5 goals in 3 games?

I don't understand

Why are all the talking heads assuming Vancouver is going to the cup again since they're up 2-1 on Nashville. "Nashville has absolutely no scoring depth." "They're really struggling to find some offense out there."

Uh, Vancouver has 1 more goal than Nashville in this series. High powered high flying Canucks have 5 goals in 3 games?

I don't understand

I'll make a few guesses. (These are not my opinions.)

Nashville has already accomplished their best season ever and maybe that's enough for them on some level.

The Sedins have to wake up at some point. Right?

Presidents Trophy. By a large margin.

Roberto Luongo.

Personally, I still have faith in the Preds, but I do some some slight homerism going on here.

ETA: Well, that was unfortunate. On the bright side we can get rocking on the Finals soon.

Also I forgot to mention earlier, Darren Helm is fantastic.

So who should the Sharks be more afraid of? Boston, Tampa, or Vancouver? I'm leaning towards Vancouver.

They've got to deal with Vancouver first (assuming both teams close out their current series), so I'll go with them. Also, there's the fact that they're 1 win away from the conference finals despite the Sedins doing basically nothing all postseason long. If the twins wake up and Luongo keeps his head in the game, they're the most dangerous team in the league.

Archived