Jeyne Westerling

themadking

Even if someone saw the danger, what could they really do to prevent it? Demand that Robb's bednurse be some old crone instead of the nubile Jeyne? It's nice to think that Robb could have been saved from himself, but the reality is that in this situation he's the one who needed to exercise good judgment, and based on the suffering - both physical and emotional - that he was experiencing, along with typical teenaged boy hormones, he simply didn't. I have no idea if Jeyne went out of her way to be a temptress whilst nursing him, or if it was a premediated plot between her and Sybell to seduce the Young Wolf, but the point remains that there's little anyone could have done, besides Robb, to prevent this outcome from occurring.

The BF could have spoken against the marriage, at least. :dunno: At least advised him to wait for Jeyne's father to consent (ie stalled for time).

Well, I think so. Evidence suggests it is certainly possible. Something is up with the "wide hips" vs "narrow hips", "Jeyne" barely speaking in front of Jaime, and Sybell Spicer (whose grandmother/mother cursed Cersei and whom the Lannisters pissed on) taking Tywin's side just seems off, to me.

I got 2 problems with it (i belive it thou) 1. Robb Stark was just, brave, honorable and lost. To have a prince, would make it less of a Robb defeat. And then my main problem is we already got Princes of the North (Rickon, Bran and princess' Sansa, Arya

What if it's a daughter?

ETA: I see a great potential match for Edmure's unborn kid if it's a boy.

lol i guess you are right, I do have a "misogynist streak", lol. A girl, hmm never thought of that, they would be second cuz thou, and if Robb proved anything during his reign, its dont marry a Frey. Would Rickon/Bran have a better claim to the North then Robb's "daughter"?

Technically no, but practically, yes, because a baby cannot rule as Lord, while Bran did a decent job as a 9 year old, and Rickon is older than the baby. Jon has the best chance being legally an adult. Then Sansa, then Arya.

Older siblings have a better practical claim because they can rally bannermen to their cause personally, whereas an infant would need backers to do it for them.

But the Stark line of succession would be:

Robb's son/daughter

*Jon* (if Robb legitimized him, and relieved his NW vows, in his Will and named him his heir)

Bran

Rickon

Sansa

Arya

--Jon-- (if Robb just legitimized him and relieved him of the NW vows)

Keep in mind the Stark kids are also in line to inherit Riverrun if Edmure dies (and his child dies, too).

Tully Succession:

Edmure

Edmure's son/daughter

(Cat)

Robb's son/daughter

Bran

Rickon

Sansa

Arya

(Lysa)

Sweetrobin

Blackfish

Well, the title for "King In The North" is full of technicalitys, and for Riverrun I think BF has a better claim than the Stark kids, but I was asking if only Martell treats females like males

Yes, only in Dorne do females have equal primogeniture (inheritance is determined by birth order regardless of gender.

In Dorne, Winterfell succession would be:

Robb's child

Sansa

Arya

Bran

Rickon

--Jon-- (if all others died or Robb legitimized him)

BTW The Blackfish has very little chance of inheriting Riverrun. He is 60ish, has no heirs, and is of Hoster Tully's generation. All of Hoster's children and grandchildren (and great-grandchildren) are in line before the Blackfish for inheritance according to Westerosi laws of succession. That's why he's listed last.

For sure BF aint shit, and he would prob give up his power anyway. So if the Arryans and the Tullys become Starks, then it would go from (AGOT 50% of the kingdom) to (post TWOW 90% of the kingdom) thats kinda messed up, when "?" said what do these southerners know of the way of the north in AGOT I was like "fuck yea!" But what do these northerners know of the way of the south? Starks dont joke, dont go to tournaments etc etc, I want them to rule the north but not the Iron throne, which they undoubtably would, (also maybe Lannister territory if Tyrion gets "whipped" by his wife)

• 2 weeks later...

The only thing I have to contribute to the 'Jeyne-was-switched-and her-sister-has-narrower-hips-than-her' theory is:

In her POV, Catelyn commented on Brienne's eyes as being big and beautiful, but Brienne herself is ugly.

In his POV, Jaime thinks that Briennes eyes are beautiful too, but Brienne herself is ugly.

I'm probably nitpicking and it isn't that relevant, but...could GRRM be pointing out that Jaime and Cat identify similar things in women's appearances?

(Not sure if anyone else has brought this up, I couldn't read all 19 pages of the Jeyne's hips theory.)

The only thing I have to contribute to the 'Jeyne-was-switched-and her-sister-has-narrower-hips-than-her' theory is:

In her POV, Catelyn commented on Brienne's eyes as being big and beautiful, but Brienne herself is ugly.

In his POV, Jaime thinks that Briennes eyes are beautiful too, but Brienne herself is ugly.

I'm probably nitpicking and it isn't that relevant, but...could GRRM be pointing out that Jaime and Cat identify similar things in women's appearances?

(Not sure if anyone else has brought this up, I couldn't read all 19 pages of the Jeyne's hips theory.)

Meh, I'm not buying it. Everyone notices every one elses eyes. Seriously, we know the eye color of almost every character, because POV character's notice them. The Boltons "ice" eyes, the targs purple eyes, Tyrion's mismatched eyes, Tywin's gold flecked eyes, the starks eyes, the Reeds moss green eyes, the wights blue eyes, etc.

The only time we ever hear about hips is when Jaime and Cat observe completely opposite things about Jeyne's hips.

just been rereading SOS and, while it's not that relevant, they do both mention it more than once

I never really considered the possibilty that Jeyne might have escaped and that the girl Jamie met wasn't her, Jeyne is from the Westerlands and would be known by the Lannister bannermen. To them she is Gawens daughter not the traitors wife. Ser Kevan mentioned that she was being shopped around for marriage. Its hard to believe that there wasn't somebody thier who could indentify her and make sure she wasn't pregnant. I have to agree though that the author has decided to leave this possibility open.

I never really considered the possibilty that Jeyne might have escaped and that the girl Jamie met wasn't her, Jeyne is from the Westerlands and would be known by the Lannister bannermen. To them she is Gawens daughter not the traitors wife. Ser Kevan mentioned that she was being shopped around for marriage. Its hard to believe that there wasn't somebody thier who could indentify her and make sure she wasn't pregnant. I have to agree though that the author has decided to leave this possibility open.

Well Arya was known to the northern bannermen. Many of the northerners at Ramsay's wedding had seen Arya Stark before, but they didn't remember what she looked like.

Archived