A Thread for Small Questions IX

Datepalm

If we accept that it's really Jeyne Poole that is posing as Arya, where have the Lannisters kept her all the time?

Did they keep her under lock and key, but treated her as befits a "noble prisoner"? Or maybe as a serving girl? Under lock and key in the dungeons?

Is there any consensus on how to pronounce "Jaqen"?

The first time I read it, I pronounced it "Jackin" or "Jockin" but figured that's probably not right.

Now I think it's probably "Wa-KEEN" or "YAH-keen".

I had always pronounced it "Jay-Ken."

The first time I read it, I pronounced it "Jackin" or "Jockin" but figured that's probably not right.

I always saw it as "Wah-ken"

We'll find out in season 2 I suppose.

I pronounced it Jack-Wen, not sure why

I agree with this line of thinking, but don't you think that he's come across plenty of dead nobles that are just as innocent as Catelyn, if not more? I just found it interesting that he chose her off all the possible corpses, unless it was because of some connection he felt to the Starks.

I always thought it was quite clear, that he did it because Arya made him swear to reunite her with her mother. Lord Beric was an honorable man, so when he found Catelyn dead, he saw the opportunity to fulfill his vow: First by asking Thoros to raise her, then doing it himself.

It was a very touching act, I found.

Who exactly are the Golden Company? Is it mentioned in any of the main books or in the Dunk and Egg stories?

They're a company of sellswords first founded by Aegor Rivers (aka Bittersteel), one of Aegon IV's Great Bastards, after he went into exile as a result of the failed Blackfyre Rebellion. The company has a reputation for never breaking a contract, which is why their breaking their contract with Myr is a big deal. They are currently believed to be heading for Volantis.

If you'd like to know more, here's what the wiki has to say.

If we accept that it's really Jeyne Poole that is posing as Arya, where have the Lannisters kept her all the time?

Did they keep her under lock and key, but treated her as befits a "noble prisoner"? Or maybe as a serving girl? Under lock and key in the dungeons?

This is answered in AGOT: she's given over to LF, who suggests he'll stash her in one of his brothels IIRC.

Hi All,

What's up with Edmure's reaction to Tom o' Sevenstreams at the end of a Jaime chapter in AFFC? That's probably the only chapter-ender that I just plain don't get, and maybe it's obvious, but I can't remember when Edmure would have dealt with Tom and/or why he would react that way to seeing him.

Thanks,

Ben

In ASOS Tom references running afoul of Edmure when he banged a girl Edmure was hoping would pop his cherry. Edmure got trashed and couldn't perform, so Tom wrote a song about a floppy fish. Since then he hasn't been welcome at Riverrun and Edmure doesn't like music.

In ASOS Tom references running afoul of Edmure when he banged a girl Edmure was hoping would pop his cherry. Edmure got trashed and couldn't perform, so Tom wrote a song about a floppy fish. Since then he hasn't been welcome at Riverrun and Edmure doesn't like music.

Right, right! Thanks very much.

thanks. thats what i thought but got a bit confused..

what is the word Brienne says as shes hanged..i mean what is the popular belief/speculation

There is at least one thread about this, I believe called "Brienne's Word" use the search engine

Most popular words I think are Jaime and sword.

also has Sam been tricked right at the end by the maester at citedel..i thought i read somewhere that he goes to counsel Deni..am I right

Not sure what you mean here. Archmaester Marwyn, called Marwyn the Mage who receives Sam decides to go to Dany. I don't who/what tricked Sam.

Archived