NYC GRRM BOOK SIGNING July 14th Union Square B&N

Roughly 10:30. They were carding everyone at the door, so you might have had trouble getting in.

Ah well. When Winds of Winter's released in three or four years, I'll consider it a milestone when I get to get drunk with all you bannerless folk.

@inkasrain, no, then, we were on opposite sides. I was rather certain that someone beside me said "the board" or something like that at some point, but I wasn't sure who when I turned and wasn't feeling quite up to shouting about Pod to gauge their reactions.

I showed up with my Brother-in-Law and a friend at about 2PM, we were in the first row of white chairs so had a pretty good view. I was the guy wearing the black t-shirt emblazoned with one simple word:

HODOR

Mr. X did a great job of recapping the night so I won't bore you all with the same basic report, but I did a blog post about it with some pictures. Mr. Martin gave me a HODOR of approval and a chuckle when he saw the shirt, which put a smile on my face.

All in all, a terrific evening!

I showed up with my Brother-in-Law and a friend at about 2PM, we were in the first row of white chairs so had a pretty good view. I was the guy wearing the black t-shirt emblazoned with one simple word:

HODOR

Mr. X did a great job of recapping the night so I won't bore you all with the same basic report, but I did a blog post about it with some pictures. Mr. Martin gave me a HODOR of approval and a chuckle when he saw the shirt, which put a smile on my face.

I am pretty sure Mr. X got a picture of you and your t-shirt. :lol:

Ah well. When Winds of Winter's released in three or four years, I'll consider it a milestone when I get to get drunk with all you bannerless folk.

@inkasrain, no, then, we were on opposite sides. I was rather certain that someone beside me said "the board" or something like that at some point, but I wasn't sure who when I turned and wasn't feeling quite up to shouting about Pod to gauge their reactions.

Ah well! I'd also planned on doing something Pod-ish, but it's shockingly easy to lose your nerve when it comes to such things.

HODOR

I totally saw you, great shirt :D

I totally saw you, great shirt :D

Cool and thanks!!

Will there be a spot where pictures from the event can be viewed?

HODOR

I was sitting right next to you! :D

Coming out of lurkdom for my first post! ^_^

Last night's event was my first GRRM book signing, and it was a great experience. I was able to get to the B&N just before 5:00; unfortunately, I was too late to get a seat, but I was towards the front of the standing line, in the first aisle as it wrapped around the corner. In the next aisle over (the second aisle), there was a tall man with glasses wearing a "Blame Pod" shirt and taking notes in a yellow notebook while GRRM spoke ... I wanted to ask if he was from BwB, but I didn't want to be a creeper and I lost my nerve. :( So if you're reading this, I was the chick with the brown hair and the glasses who kept looking at you and smiling!

The best part of the night (other than getting my book signed, of course) was hearing that GRRM will be writing the Blackwater episode for season 2. It coudn't be in better hands!

In the next aisle over (the second aisle), there was a tall man with glasses wearing a "Blame Pod" shirt and taking notes in a yellow notebook while GRRM spoke ... I wanted to ask if he was from BwB, but I didn't want to be a creeper and I lost my nerve. :( So if you're reading this, I was the chick with the brown hair and the glasses who kept looking at you and smiling!

I'm guessing that was Mr. X.

Also, welcome.

I told him as well (didn't see the board before going up for signatures but I saw Ran's tweet) and got a similar reaction. It was quite funny. At Professor Thom's, George said the crowd was 1800, but it was a very long day and I may have misheard.

Thanks for setting everything up! It was great to see some people I have met previously and new people (Javier - I apologize for teasing you about not starting ADWD yet, your restraint amazes me.)

LOL! I deserve the ridicule. I'm amazed myself. I'm usually not a patient person. Great time last night. I'll try to be done by the 25th (no promises). Enjoy comic-con.

Good to catch everyone at Professor Thom's. A friend of mine recorded the audio during George's talk and Q&A, so if/when I get my hands on it, I will try and pass it along.

Had a good time with all you BwB last night. I especially liked that every time we talked about the new book, it would go something like this:

"And what did you think about the Jon chapter where he....wait...*looks around*....what page is everybody on?"

And then only the people who had read that far would huddle in a corner and discuss.

Megan and I had a great time with everyone yesterday and last night at Thom's. I wil be figuring out how to upload the photo I got with GRRM when I bumped into him at the HBO building. That was pure dumb luck. And then meeting and seeing him at the signing. And THEN hanging with him at Thom's and sharing a beef and bacon pie with him!! What a perfect day for a guy who rarely gets to visit the city.

Me and Megan were wearing the Khal and Khaleesi shirts and my cousin was wearing the blue Winter is Coming shirt (in case you guys were drinking more than I was and forgot the end of the evening).

Again, a peasure to meet you, Rob B, XRay, fitheach, etc., etc., etc. :cheers:

- James

:( Bummed we missed you.

My fault for being a dumbass and not remembering to check in. I wouldn't have been able to go out for drinks though, bit of a commute back out of the city. Will just have to hunt down another signing ;)

1,800 is what I heard as well. Were you guys the group over around the corner of the bar? Bah! I wasn't sure if you guys were part of the crowd and I didn't want to be a creeper. One of these days we'll meet...

I completely understand about the creeper thing. Yes, I was in that group.

I did get a picture. Eventually I'll get it up online.

In the next aisle over (the second aisle), there was a tall man with glasses wearing a "Blame Pod" shirt and taking notes in a yellow notebook while GRRM spoke ... I wanted to ask if he was from BwB, but I didn't want to be a creeper and I lost my nerve. :( So if you're reading this, I was the chick with the brown hair and the glasses who kept looking at you and smiling!

I'm guessing that was Mr. X.

Yup, that was me. I meant to ask if you were on the boards after the Q&A finished but then the line moved all of a sudden. Anyway, welcome to the boards!

Had a good time with all you BwB last night. I especially liked that every time we talked about the new book, it would go something like this:

"And what did you think about the Jon chapter where he....wait...*looks around*....what page is everybody on?"

And then only the people who had read that far would huddle in a corner and discuss.

Yeah, that's a pretty accurate description of the evening's book discussions. I remember grabbing you at one point and saying, "Let's go over here... spoiler talk!"

Archived