Books of the Apocalypse: What we're expecting in 2012

Werthead

Jesse Bullington mentioned on his blog a while back that Orbit bought a third novel, Hook and Cod. No idea if it'll be released next year or not though.

I'm not too sure about a Spartacus tie-in novel, but if it's Kearney it's gotta be good.

Any more news on the final Sea Beggars?

Good point. Late 2012, apparently. I'll add it to the list.

Yeah, a lot of people went, "Huh?" over that one.

Though nowhere near as much bafflement as was generated when he said the book afterwards would be The Shining II :shocked:

Okay now I know you're fucking with me.

Still nothing with regards to Scott Lynch, it would appear? A pity....

TRoT is scheduled for a November 17 2011 release date. The next is reportedly half done, so could be a 2012 if his depression eases. If not, as is probable, it'll be a 2013/4

The (*shudder*) next book by Paul Hoffman should be a 2012 release, as should Blackout by Mira Grant (though that would be much more Science Fiction than fantasy - zombies rule though...)

The Traitor Queen by Trudi Canavan is also due for a 2012 release.

Still no concrete date on Ian Tregillis? I don't suppose anyone can hazard a guess as to whether that "late 2012" tag is a vauge assumption or a firm commitment? (its still too bloody far away though.)

The situation at Tor after 'totalfuckupgate' is still rather unclear as they move lots of books that should have been out years ago around the schedule (I think the third David Keck novel has also suffered, and several others). I think late 2012 is currently the best they can manage for now.

Any word on the next Brett book?

The Daylight War, late 2012 I believe.

Okay now I know you're fucking with me.

The Shining sequel.

New Dark Tower book.

And yes, Stephen King asked his readers to vote on which one he should write next and then decided to go with the one that lost. Don't blame me, blame him. He's obviously going through some sort of weird period.

The next is reportedly half done

Really? Where did you hear that?

is there any news about a new susanah clark novel? she seems to have pulled a george with the follow up to jonathon strange and mr norrell.

Not really. Clarke was an insanely slow writer right from the off. She took 10 years to write Strange & Norrell and said it might take 10 years to write the semi-sequel, so I'm not expecting any serious word on it until 2014 at the earliest.

Not a Hoffman fan? I actually enjoyed "The Left Hand of God" and look forward to the next... I didn't know there'd be a third released in 2012.

Any word on the next Brett book?

Hoffman read like Dan Brown meets Christopher Paolini and they decided to do take of Abercrombie for YAs. In other words, crap but easy read with too many cliches, aimed at the YA market and fails to get there by virtue of random sex and violence

Man, I really want to read the last Keck. I know that's not popular around here but hey, Erikson likes them dammit.

Hoffman seems to be a love it/hate it thing. Which of course means I'm going to have to read it now. Jerks. :P

I feel like there's a big one missing in this list somewhere but I'll be dammed if I can think of what it is.

Hoffman seems to be a love it/hate it thing. Which of course means I'm going to have to read it now. Jerks. :P

Take solace in the fact that I loved it, and it is widely known that my taste in literature is superior to that any one else on the board.

Take solace in the fact that I loved it, and it is widely known that my taste in literature is superior to that any one else on the board.

How Myshkin? How? It was puerile, confusing, threw a love story in without any explanation, and did that really really really irritating thing of having on omniscient 3rd person narrator jumping in and out of peoples thoughts in one section. The only book, as far as I'm concerned, allowed to break the '1 segment 1 viewpoint' rule is Dune by Frank Herbert. All others must follow it.

Caine's Law (Acts of Caine #4) by Matt Stover

The Twelve (The Passage #2) by Justin Cronin

The Wind Through the Keyhole (Dark Tower #8) by Stephen King

The Coldest War (Milkweed Triptych #2) by Ian Tregellis (finally!)

Woohoo! :cheers: Thanks for this, Wert & Jussi. I can never keep track of new releases myself.

Archived