Huge Blast in Oslo

Big laugh at all the racists I heard on the news radio as I was driving to school today here in the states. Muslim this, Muslim that.... we have to control these people..... send em back.... religion of peace....

Blond hair, blue eyed alleged perpetrator, oh God back to your racist holes....... even in a sad sad sad day as this I had to respond with a chuckle at the irony.

Love the "we will retaliate with more democracy,"

Fuck that man. What the fuck kind of monster bombs the capital in order to create a diverson to attack a place full of kids. Unarmed children, these where his victims of choice. I have no words for what this man is, he is so evil he seems like he can't be real.

Big laugh at all the racists I heard on the news radio as I was driving to school today here in the states. Muslim this, Muslim that.... we have to control these people..... send em back.... religion of peace....

Blond hair, blue eyed alleged perpetrator, oh God back to your racist holes....... even in a sad sad sad day as this I had to respond with a chuckle at the irony.

Love the "we will retaliate with more democracy,"

Sadly the same story here.

Also, now the gunman's melanin content has been confirmed low I've noticed the 't' word dropping out of coverage down here in favour of 'mass shooting', 'massacre' and plain old 'attack'.

Also, now the gunman's melanin content has been confirmed low I've noticed the 't' word dropping out of coverage down here in favour of 'mass shooting', 'massacre' and plain old 'attack'.

Whites can't be terrorists. Ask anyone in the Shankill.

Whites can't be terrorists. Ask anyone in the Shankill.

In fairness it could also be they've decided a lone operative can't be a terrorist and has to be a 'madman', which I think is debatable but not totally obnoxious.

Just talked to a friend who has lost six, and have no news on a seventh. The number of 80 is still just a minimum, and there are apparently several people who attempted the swim still in the water. Will not be surprised if it turns out to be more than 100 deaths. News headlines are just labeling it "The Attacks" now.

One hour until I have to get up for work.

Sadly the same story here.

I served with a couple lads of the Muslim faith/recent middle eastern immigrants and they reminded me exactly of my southern European ancestry. Big families, very welcoming and families good such good food.

Love the west's "unbiased" media..... right

Does the asshat that did this have military training? 80 dead by one man is incredibly hard to believe. Has to be something missing from the story, even if a couple hundred people were together in mass you can't drop 80 with one rifle/pistol and especially kill them.

Does the asshat that did this have military training? 80 dead by one man is incredibly hard to believe. Has to be something missing from the story, even if a couple hundred people were together in mass you can't drop 80 with one rifle/pistol and especially kill them.

A bunched up group of scared kids and an automatic weapon. Do you really need training other than how to pull a trigger and reload? And he was on that island for a while unchecked. It's a small island, not a school or a university campus or middle of the city, not many places to hide, especially when the kids were so scared they thought swimming away was their best hope.

My heart is absolutely broken by this. 14-19 year olds on a camp. It's just hideous. Glad no boarders are hurt. I struggle to understand it. But then again, that's the difference between me and those dicks who think this is the best way to get your beliefs heard. It's moment like these that I wished I believed in a hell.

A bunched up group of scared kids and an automatic weapon. Do you really need training other than how to pull a trigger and reload? And he was on that island for a while unchecked. It's a small island, not a school or a university campus or middle of the city, not many places to hide, especially when the kids were so scared they thought swimming away was their best hope.

My heart is absolutely broken by this. 14-19 year olds on a camp. It's just hideous. Glad no boarders are hurt. I struggle to understand it. But then again, that's the difference between me and those dicks who think this is the best way to get your beliefs heard. It's moment like these that I wished I believed in a hell.

Yes, it is extremely hard to hit something with a gun; especially moving. I didn't know that it was a small island or how much time he had to himself. I just know that a human is actually surprisingly hard to kill.

What a nut; shooting kids. I understand the need to be civilized, but he deserves a blood eagle.

I just read this from a local news site.

"Some of my friends tried to stop him by talking to him. Many people thought that it was a test ... comparing it to how it is to live in Gaza. So many people went to him and tried to talk to him, but they were shot immediately."

There are reports he had nearly two hours on the island before the situation was contained. He also apparently kept tricking the kids into thinking he was there to help because of the police uniform.

This is about as callous as they come.

I've been following the tragic news as soon as it was first reported and I see an odd pattern in the terrorist attacks. The bomb, which was in the center of Oslo, was so placed, as to cause as little damage as possible. At first no dead were reported, according to latest news there are a few, but under 10. As another boarder mentioned, the bomb went off at 15:20, while the employees in this particular building leave at 15:00 during the summer. I cannot believe it would be a slip on the attackers.

Then, about an hour later, when the region is still in shock and panic and the police focused on this event, an armed man goes on a shooting rampage and kills (by latest news) over 80 people on a nearby island. Now this seems like the real attack. It's also focused on a youth camp, perhaps in the days to come we'll be able to reason out why the people in this particular camp have been such an object of hatred.

Perhaps the shooter would've been able to do as much damage without the bomb, but likely not. The bomb seems to have been meant as a distraction to the point that the attackers planned it to kill as few people as possible (had it gone off at a different hour it could've killed many more). In a way this fits the police report of a nordic-looking suspect - if the attackers are indeed a local extremist group, they probably didn't want to murder their own, but had some particular hatred towards the people in the youth camp.

My deepest condolences to everyone, in Oslo and in the entire Norway. Take heart and stay strong, don't give in to fear and propaganda, for this is the main purpose of terrorism. Keep a clear head and catch those bastards.

Fuck that!

I'm sure there were signs. The police, everywhere, is so occupied hunting down Muslim extremists that they forget that we have nut jobs of our own everywhere.

There are no words which can describe the sadness inside me. 80 dead in a youth camp? Shit they had their whole life before them? And now...gone.

Like others have said, it's hard to hit a moving target, particularly with a handgun. The island was small, but there was over with the trees. This guy is an amazing shot, even with a scoped/holosight'ed rifle.

Archived