NorCal BWB - MG in SF 9-14 Aug

You might think all my travel related woes were all behind me, but oh no how wrong you are.

You see yesterday afternoon I got myself booked onto a one day coach tour to Yosemite. Yes it can be done but its a very long day. Departing at 7 am and getting back around 9 pm.

Only the coach could not handle the temperature and it overheated on the way there. We had to stop a couple of times and we arrived at Yosemite about an hour late.

Yosemite was AWESOME and I really enjoyed it, only I underestimated the time it would take the park shuttle to get back to the coach park from the other end of the valley and so I turned up 25 minute late. Oh well.

On the way back the bus totally died on us. Thankfully another empty bus happened by and the driver was kind enough to give us a ride to the next town.

So now we are all sat in a McDONALD'S and will be here for probably another hour before the replacement bus arrives. It will be well after midnight when we get back to San Francisco now.

I have an Aussie sledging me that its all my fault for being late (all in good fun, don't worry). So yeah, another tale of travel woes for me.

Have I got an albatross round my neck or something?

:lol: Oh man, sorry MG, knowing the route to Yosemite you're probably in some godforsaken place like Escalon or worse. I think there's a good ice cream shop there. If that's where you are, wave hi to the sheriff for me. :uhoh:

AG, nim, despite having moved out of SF, I am working in your hood, so I thought of you this morning while sitting in training. See you all tomorrow night.

the redwood room

God, I hate that place.

MG, a lot of coffee shops have free wifi. I would just ask at your hotel's front desk - let them know that their internet is spotty (nicely) and they should be able to direct you to someplace nearby.

Good suggestion. The Crescent is lower downhill than the tunnel, close to that Starbucks but it was pretty busy in there. I've found another Starbucks by the Chinatown gate and I will probably be in here for a few hours.

Btw, since I really don't expect you to look like a goat, I look like my pic (5 10, large frame -- code for kinda fat,goatee) I've got on jeans, dark shirt and Redish leather jacket should be marginally helpful.

Btw, since I really don't expect you to look like a goat, I look like my pic (5 10, large frame -- code for kinda fat,goatee) I've got on jeans, dark shirt and Redish leather jacket should be marginally helpful.

Good to know, thanks.

I have glasses and will be wearing a brown animal t-shirt. I'll be heading down there soon so I should be there nice and early. Will try and snag us a good table.

Last night was great - woke up this morning still full from that huge slab of meat. Definitely am up for going back to Jasper's and trying that grilled cheese pork belly thing.

You guys probably have already seen this - but thought if anyone's looking for something new to read, this is a pretty damn good list:

http://www.npr.org/2011/08/11/139085843/your-picks-top-100-science-fiction-fantasy-books

(ASOIAF is listed at #5! Although not sure if there is a ranking, or if it's just random)

• 2 weeks later...

Archived