Sansa's memory related to Sandor

Lady Winter Rose

The whole theory of whether Sansa is repressing and/or adding memories to her POV is really fantastically intriguing and will certainly sustain all of us big San/San fans till the next book arrives. So I say let's go on this crackpot theory!

Okay, so we know that on the night Sansa finds the Hound lurking in her room, she has already been through an emotionally terrifying and draining day, which could give credence to the idea that what follows from her perspective during her encounter with the Hound is not completely reliable. It could be something as simple as saying that on that night she was so stressed out that she simply forgot the kiss didn't happen, and in her fear and uncertainty she just thought it did. Nothing more, nothing less. But somehow, I don't think anything is so simple in GRRM's world :)

So onwards: We know from what we are given insight into from Sansa's POV, that the kiss didn't happen. She closes her eyes and he seems to change his mind. Then she sings him the song, and this is where things get interesting. The passage is as follows:

"She had forgotten the other verses. When her voice trailed off, she feared he might kill her, but after a moment the Hound took the blade from her throat, never speaking.

Some instinct made her lift her hand and cup his cheek with her fingers. The room was too dark for her to see him, but she could feel the stickiness of the blood, and a wetness that was not blood. "Little bird," he said once more, his voice harsh as steel on stone. Then he rose from the bed. Sansa heard cloth ripping, followed by the softer sound of retreating footsteps.

When she crawled out of bed, long moments later, she was alone..."

Ok here's my crazy thinking: The way the passage reads, we know that Sansa and Sandor share a pretty intense moment after she sings him the song. She reaches out to him as a woman would to comfort a man she loves. Could it be possible that when she reaches out to him, she also kissed him on her own iniative? And this is why she has the memory of the kiss, but she is repressing the real memory that she is the one who kissed him, not the other way around.

Also another possibility arises from this passage. There is a strange lapse in time between when the Hound leaves and when she gets up to huddle under his cloak. What was Sansa doing in this time? Sleeping? Too shocked to move and just staring into space? The passage says that she heard retreating footsteps, so we are led to believe that Sandor left. Did he really leave though? Or did he return? if he didn't leave or did return, what took place?

Of course, we later have the Hound's dying revelations to Arya that he should have "fucked her bloody and ripped her heart out" which indicates a strange intensity of feeling. Was he only trying to incite Arya, or is he too hiding/repressing something?

So the question becomes, just when is the narrator being unreliable? Is the fault with her original narration or her later recollection? I submit, for your consideration, a bit of Sansa's POV from ASoS, when she's at the Fingers:

And she dreamed of her wedding night too, of Tyrion’s eyes devouring her as she undressed. Only then he was bigger than Tyrion had any right to be, and when he climbed into the bed his face was scarred only on one side. “I’ll have a song from you,” he rasped, and Sansa woke and found the old blind dog beside her once again.

It is possible that the POV leaves out a huge chunk of the encounter and she repressed everything but a kiss, but I think that's unlikely. He kept bragging to Arya about Sansa giving him a song, and his deathbed-confession monologue makes it sound like that wasn't code for sleeping with him.

Based on both Sansa and the Hound's later behaviour, I think it's more likely that the POV is accurate and the kiss is a confabulation. She was confused and scared and went to sleep soon afterwards, so maybe she was confusing dreams and reality. And she kinda digs him.

So the question becomes, just when is the narrator being unreliable? Is the fault with her original narration or her later recollection? I submit, for your consideration, a bit of Sansa's POV from ASoS, when she's at the Fingers:

And she dreamed of her wedding night too, of Tyrion’s eyes devouring her as she undressed. Only then he was bigger than Tyrion had any right to be, and when he climbed into the bed his face was scarred only on one side. “I’ll have a song from you,” he rasped, and Sansa woke and found the old blind dog beside her once again.

It is possible that the POV leaves out a huge chunk of the encounter and she repressed everything but a kiss, but I think that's unlikely. He kept bragging to Arya about Sansa giving him a song, and his deathbed-confession monologue makes it sound like that wasn't code for sleeping with him.

Based on both Sansa and the Hound's later behaviour, I think it's more likely that the POV is accurate and the kiss is a confabulation. She was confused and scared and went to sleep soon afterwards, so maybe she was confusing dreams and reality. And she kinda digs him.

Thanks for posting that passage Ete, I had completely forgotten about it. So she not only thinks he kissed her, but now she is having sex dreams... quite interesting.

I don't think anything happened along the lines of them having sex when he was in her room at KL, I think that would have been too much for even Sansa to repress and she seems to think of him in a positive, protector light.

So the mystery continues. If Sansa is an unreliable narrator then is she a deliberate one or not? Is she choosing to willingly omit stuff or is she repressing them. I tend to think that it is the former. Especially in her experiences at the Vale, there just seems to be something off about her interactions with LF etc, that hints that she may have something up her sleeve and is not telling the full story.

i think another thing can be also interesting here: the momentum of kissing in Sansa's life. She was never kissing with a man! She was kissing with the other girls for trying how it feels, and later on being kissed by Littlefinger and Sweetrobin, but never got a real kiss.

Well, wasn't Dontos all over her? He was always asking for a kiss from his Jonquil. Or maybe I missed it because I was cringing. Unless I'm missing something, Sansa kisses Dontos (cheek only?), Tyrion at their wedding, and LF at the Vale. If she kissed Sweet Robin at all, I would think it would be as one kisses a child. I don't think she and Joffrey kissed. She was later repulsed by his lips but doesn't mention kissing them, if I remember correctly.

If we regard this and the way she is loosing hershelf as Sansa and develop a new personality as Alayne, kissing is an element: a kiss cause the death of her aunt ..... I have the impression that missing a forced kiss was an important element to "kill" the agressive and angry Hound and reborn as Sandor, hopefully a better man, and interestingly it was the end of the innocent Sansa's dreamworld, and with falsifying the memory, the birth of a potentially dangerous new woman, Alayne, as if they had changed their roles! ... The way she convinces hershelf in the Feast for Crows that lies are OK with good purposes is a dangerous one, showing the darkening of her personality.

Good points!

So onwards: We know from what we are given insight into from Sansa's POV, that the kiss didn't happen. She closes her eyes and he seems to change his mind. Then she sings him the song, and this is where things get interesting. The passage is as follows:

"She had forgotten the other verses."

She's already forgetting stuff! (kidding, I know she was under duress)

"When her voice trailed off, she feared he might kill her, but after a moment the Hound took the blade from her throat, never speaking."

I'm sure this is nothing but that "never speaking" always got me. If it's "a moment," then "never" seems like a strange word choice. 'Never' implies a longer length of time than 'a moment.' After hounding her (ha ha) for that song, it would have been bizarre for him to speak while she was singing so that 'moment' would be the only rational time when he would have spoken.

"Sansa heard cloth ripping, followed by the softer sound of retreating footsteps. When she crawled out of bed, long moments later, she was alone..."

This is probably nothing again but I found the 'stage directions' really confusing in this scene. When Sansa first enters the room, the Hound is in her bed, yes? She's looking out the window at the light from the fire when he makes his presence known. Does he drag her down on to the bed? I mean, he's a tall guy. He could get that knife to her throat while remaining seated. So when, exactly, does she get in bed? "Crawled out" sounds like she's under the covers. Odd word choice again. I assume he had to be seated for her to cup his cheek but she could've been standing by the bed while he was sitting on it. Her reaching up to touch his cheek while he was standing just feels wrong. I debated this at length with my sister but she didn't find it significant. I called it sloppy on GRRM's part but I'm slowly learning that he's never sloppy. This stuck out to me in a major way. Maybe she dreamt the kiss. She'd had a long day, it was late, she was accosted in her room, etc., etc. I know it's not a POV thing but still . . . strange.

Of course, we later have the Hound's dying revelations to Arya that he should have "fucked her bloody and ripped her heart out" which indicates a strange intensity of feeling. Was he only trying to incite Arya, or is he too hiding/repressing something?

Incite Arya. The Hound doesn't strike me as a guy with a lot of ex-girlfriends. If he'd kissed Sansa, I think he would've mentioned it. As in, "I should have done more than kiss her. I should have 'fucked her bloody and ripped her heart out.' Also, if he had kissed her, I don't think his first reaction would be, "Still can't bear to look, huh?" or whatever he said when he got all upset about her closing her eyes.

Especially in her experiences at the Vale, there just seems to be something off about her interactions with LF etc, that hints that she may have something up her sleeve and is not telling the full story.

Interesting. Like what? What seems off?

I would have to go back and read those chapters of her in the Vale, but I don't think there was anything very blatant, just something that seemed off about the entire tone of her chapters. Of course, this could all be down to the fact that she is changing and in a totally foreign environment, not to mention that LF is always warning her not to say much to anyone, so she seems to even distrust her own memories of being Sansa.

We could argue that she is beginning a new person, and that in Alayne Stone she may find the power to do things that Sansa never could. Maybe Alayne is more cunning and closed off, and this may be how she will be able to defeat LF.

I'm still thinking on the memory of the kiss bit, and of course this could all be taking us down a completely wrong track, but why is she sooo sure that the kiss happened. Is she suffering from some kind of mental problem? (I mean this in the kindest way).. Is it a survival technique? To misremember things or repress them? And why the kiss part. As Rashka the Demon mentioned I think, Sansa seems like the kind of girl who would definitely remember something as monumental as her first real kiss.

Was just reading the early opening of Sansa's chapters in ASOS when the Queen of Hearts tells her she is to wed Willas Tyrell, and has her fool sing The Bear and the Maiden Fair song loudly. It really is applicable to Sansa and the Hound a bit :)

Was just reading the early opening of Sansa's chapters in ASOS when the Queen of Hearts tells her she is to wed Willas Tyrell, and has her fool sing The Bear and the Maiden Fair song loudly. It really is applicable to Sansa and the Hound a bit :)

You mean the Queen of Thorns. ;)

I would have to go back and read those chapters of her in the Vale, but I don't think there was anything very blatant, just something that seemed off about the entire tone of her chapters. Of course, this could all be down to the fact that she is changing and in a totally foreign environment, not to mention that LF is always warning her not to say much to anyone, so she seems to even distrust her own memories of being Sansa.

We could argue that she is beginning a new person, and that in Alayne Stone she may find the power to do things that Sansa never could. Maybe Alayne is more cunning and closed off, and this may be how she will be able to defeat LF.

I'm still thinking on the memory of the kiss bit, and of course this could all be taking us down a completely wrong track, but why is she sooo sure that the kiss happened. Is she suffering from some kind of mental problem? (I mean this in the kindest way).. Is it a survival technique? To misremember things or repress them? And why the kiss part. As Rashka the Demon mentioned I think, Sansa seems like the kind of girl who would definitely remember something as monumental as her first real kiss.

Yes, I mentioned yesterday that young girls often remember the circumstances of their first kiss, who it was with, what time of day, etc. That's a real milestone event. I have a little trouble with Sansa's evidently manufacturing it in her mind and putting it into her memories. I wonder why GRRM created that little plot-wiggle; but I suppose we'll eventually find out.

I did notice that Sansa seemed to feel rather liberated, and not terribly sad, to think of herself as Alayne rather than Sansa. To some extent, not being someone who was a Lannister hostage, the Lannister Imp's wife, and the heir of Winterfell, might have have given Sansa some relief from pressure. She does mention at one point, I think in AFFC, that the bastard girl Alayne could do things that Sansa never could. And her telling (I think) Myranda that she is 14, older than her true age is interesting; perhaps a sign that Sansa-Alayne wants to be stronger, more knowledgeable; since at that stage of life, one year makes a significant difference in physical and emotional development, not to mention what she would learn.

Sansa was full of fear that day, I think. She has spent the whole day with the queen waiting the end of the battle, thinking whole day about being raped and killed. all she wanted is going back to the safety of her room, and when she is there, she founds there the Hound. she must have been terrified, waiting being raped and killed at this late hour of the day when she expected to be escaped. when i've first read their conversation, I thought something is missing here, some more have happened, but she is half-dead by fear, and doesn't realize what's happening around her. i think she was simply frozen and have some black out during that conversation, later on she has tried to complete the story with this false-kiss memory.

I think this is what might have happened also, someone posted that moment from ACoK and it seems incomplete somehow, there is this time frame that we can't actually account for

here: Then he rose from the bed. Sansa heard cloth ripping, followed by the softer sound of retreating footsteps.

When she crawled out of bed, long moments later, she was alone..."

long moments later seems like she just kind of froze there or had some sort of blackout and now she is filling in the missing pieces

Ok here's my crazy thinking: The way the passage reads, we know that Sansa and Sandor share a pretty intense moment after she sings him the song. She reaches out to him as a woman would to comfort a man she loves. Could it be possible that when she reaches out to him, she also kissed him on her own iniative? And this is why she has the memory of the kiss, but she is repressing the real memory that she is the one who kissed him, not the other way around.

I think she might be filling the missing pieces of blacking out with a kiss, if she did black out we don't know what she exactly did or said there but neither does she and putting a kiss there is something that gives her agency and power rather than making her the victim of the situation. So it might be her way of rectifying the situation as it were. She was helpless then but as she grows and matures her memories of Sandor and that night change and intensify, at first its a kiss and then its him entering her bed in the place of Tyrion. Don't know if this makes sense but the change in those memories might mirror her own internal development

when it happens she's just a scared little girl who blacks out

next time she remembers she is more confident so she kisses him

next time she remembers again she is becoming a woman so he is entering her bed

next time she remembers ......

I don't know if we can have a timeline as to what she changes at which time frame it might mirror how Sansa herself is changing

This is probably nothing again but I found the 'stage directions' really confusing in this scene. When Sansa first enters the room, the Hound is in her bed, yes? She's looking out the window at the light from the fire when he makes his presence known. Does he drag her down on to the bed? I mean, he's a tall guy. He could get that knife to her throat while remaining seated. So when, exactly, does she get in bed? "Crawled out" sounds like she's under the covers. Odd word choice again. I assume he had to be seated for her to cup his cheek but she could've been standing by the bed while he was sitting on it. Her reaching up to touch his cheek while he was standing just feels wrong. I debated this at length with my sister but she didn't find it significant. I called it sloppy on GRRM's part but I'm slowly learning that he's never sloppy. This stuck out to me in a major way. Maybe she dreamt the kiss. She'd had a long day, it was late, she was accosted in her room, etc., etc. I know it's not a POV thing but still . . . strange.

There is definitely something off in the description of that scene, somehow he appears, and then they are on the bed and she's singing to him and then she's crawling out of bed, it just seems like there is time in between those events that we did not get descriptions of.

So the mystery continues. If Sansa is an unreliable narrator then is she a deliberate one or not? Is she choosing to willingly omit stuff or is she repressing them. I tend to think that it is the former. Especially in her experiences at the Vale, there just seems to be something off about her interactions with LF etc, that hints that she may have something up her sleeve and is not telling the full story.

Her chapters at the Vale are interesting because this is the first time Sansa is the only POV and we don't get to see her from someone else's POV. Hence its really hard to tell how much she's changed. The tone of her chapters have changed though, they are more methodical than descriptive, as if she's recounting events rather than experiencing them. This might be because of her change into Alayne and she might be becoming a more calm and collected young woman who seems distant on the outside and her chapters might be reflecting them. But it also gives the impression that because she is being methodical about telling events she might be omitting ones that she regards as unnecessary.

In AFFC she thinks : 'Maester Colemon cares only for the boy, though. Father and I have larger concerns'. This is just cold and distant and a very calculated outlook.

I think this is the reason for the change in the tone, Alayne is supposed to be more closed off but then does this translate in text, does Alayne choose not to think of certain events that might be happening

Incite Arya. The Hound doesn't strike me as a guy with a lot of ex-girlfriends. If he'd kissed Sansa, I think he would've mentioned it. As in, "I should have done more than kiss her. I should have 'fucked her bloody and ripped her heart out.' Also, if he had kissed her, I don't think his first reaction would be, "Still can't bear to look, huh?" or whatever he said when he got all upset about her closing her eyes.

When I read that scene with them at the side of the road, I took that as Sandor being full of desperation and crying. I may be wrong, but just before that comment did Arya say something about Sansa marrying Tyrion? Escaping KL? It seemed like he hated Tyrion in that moment. When I read this quote above, I always kind of read the second part to be more figurative than literal, I dunno why. "Ripping her heart out" to mean something like he should have hurt her first, because maybe her marrying Tyrion hurt him somehow? Made him jealous? I thought that scene was really the most telling of all.

I guess she is into older men, because Sandor I thought was more than twice her age

Hmm. I read once that Sandor was in his mid-twenties. Sansa is barely 14 by the time AFFC rolls around so I guess she does. ;)

There is definitely something off in the description of that scene, somehow he appears, and then they are on the bed and she's singing to him and then she's crawling out of bed, it just seems like there is time in between those events that we did not get descriptions of.

I don't know, to me everything seemed pretty straightforward with the exception of Sansa's "crawling". Sansa starts backing away from the window and towards the bed on which Sandor is lying, he sits up on the bed and grabs her by her wrist and puts one hand over her mouth, then he is just holding her by her wrist, she tries to wriggle out of his grasp to no result, then as she's still standing he yanks her closer (which is when Sansa thinks he's about to kiss her).. Then Sandor "gave her arm a hard wrench, pulling her around and shoving her down onto the bed." After that he makes her sing at knifepoint, while she's lying down on the bed and he's sitting on it/looming over her. When she's done singing, she reaches up for his cheek and touches it, he rises from the bed for the first time and leaves. I never felt there were more actions in that scene that we didn't get descriptions of. "Crawled out of bed" indeed doesn't sound like Sansa was just lying on the covers on one side and then got up, but I don't think she was under the covers at any point either. Since before she returned to her room Sandor was sleeping there, it could be that the blankets/sheets were in disarray and she had to kick/put them aside when she was getting up or she could have just crawled across the bed and got up from the opposite side. Just my two cents.

Hmm. I read once that Sandor was in his mid-twenties. Sansa is barely 14 by the time AFFC rolls around so I guess she does. ;)

Yeah, actually that is a good question. I don't remember ever reading how old he was. So it does describe that somewhere? I guess I was visualizing no more than 30s maybe...When he was travelling with Arya everyone called her his daughter, so he must be about that old.

I don't know, to me everything seemed pretty straightforward with the exception of Sansa's "crawling". Sansa starts backing away from the window and towards the bed on which Sandor is lying, he sits up on the bed and grabs her by her wrist and puts one hand over her mouth, then he is just holding her by her wrist, she tries to wriggle out of his grasp to no result, then as she's still standing he yanks her closer (which is when Sansa thinks he's about to kiss her).. Then Sandor "gave her arm a hard wrench, pulling her around and shoving her down onto the bed." After that he makes her sing at knifepoint, while she's lying down on the bed and he's sitting on it/looming over her. When she's done singing, she reaches up for his cheek and touches it, he rises from the bed for the first time and leaves. I never felt there were more actions in that scene that we didn't get descriptions of. "Crawled out of bed" indeed doesn't sound like Sansa was just lying on the covers on one side and then got up, but I don't think she was under the covers at any point either. Since before she returned to her room Sandor was sleeping there, it could be that the blankets/sheets were in disarray and she had to kick/put them aside when she was getting up or she could have just crawled across the bed and got up from the opposite side. Just my two cents.

It always came across as being hazy in the descriptions but yes you are right there is a clear sequence of events, the : Then he rose from the bed. Sansa heard cloth ripping, followed by the softer sound of retreating footsteps.

When she crawled out of bed, long moments later, she was alone..

quote makes it look as if it was hazy, a sequence of blurred memories, he gets up and leaves and neither says anything, too shocked is the explanation probably and then she just lies there? sits there? and then gets out of bed and sees he is gone

I'm probably looking for something that isn't there :D

but I'll continue with my search :P

I was just reading through her Alayne chapters and I think someone already mentioned Sansa making Alayne 14, older than herself and at one point she thinks

What would she do when the music began to play? It was a vexing question, to which her heart and head gave different answers. Sansa loved to dance, but Alayne . . .

In part this is her creating a new identity for Alayne, one who is 14 and Petyr daughter but partly I think its also her questioning and developing her own identity. She has spent a lot of time under captivity when she clung to her beliefs as a safe haven but now that she is out of that environment she no longer has to be that girl, she does refer to Sansa Stark in a disdainful manner a few times so she's trying to be someone Sansa was not, older and maybe this one doesn't like dancing or songs and this version she is creating for Alayne is not only who Alayne is but also who a grown up Sansa will become, she has changed but right now rather than realizing those changes she's attributing it to having an assumed identity

did that make sense AT ALL?

When I read that scene with them at the side of the road, I took that as Sandor being full of desperation and crying. I may be wrong, but just before that comment did Arya say something about Sansa marrying Tyrion? Escaping KL? It seemed like he hated Tyrion in that moment. When I read this quote above, I always kind of read the second part to be more figurative than literal, I dunno why. "Ripping her heart out" to mean something like he should have hurt her first, because maybe her marrying Tyrion hurt him somehow? Made him jealous? I thought that scene was really the most telling of all.

That bit where they meet the Tickler and Polliver was the first point when I twigged there might be a ship in there. They tell the Hound Joffrey was killed by the Imp and his new wife Sansa, and the Hound starts acting pretty weird:

The Hound sat on the bench closest the door. His mouth twitched, but only the burned side. “She ought to dip him in wildfire and cook him. Or tickle him till the moon turns black.” He raised his wine cup and drained it straightaway.

He’s one of them, Arya thought when she saw that. She bit her lip so hard she tasted blood. He’s just like they are. I should kill him when he sleeps.

<talk about Harrenhal and Riverrun>

The Hound poured a cup of wine for Arya and another for himself, and drank it down while staring at the hearthfire. “The little bird flew away, did she? Well, bloody good for her. She shit on the Imp’s head and flew off.”

“They’ll find her,” said Polliver. “If it takes half the gold in Casterly Rock.”

“A pretty girl, I hear,” said the Tickler. “Honey sweet.” He smacked his lips and smiled.

“And courteous,” the Hound agreed. “A proper little lady. Not like her bloody sister.”

Neither Tyrion nor Sansa are mentioned again until the fevered monologue, the next evening. In the meantime there's the fight, first aid and day of travelling. Arya's deciding if she should kill him when he starts talking and I agree that it sounds like it was on his mind.

Yeah, actually that is a good question. I don't remember ever reading how old he was. So it does describe that somewhere? I guess I was visualizing no more than 30s maybe...When he was travelling with Arya everyone called her his daughter, so he must be about that old.

We're not told explicitly, but I reckon he's 27 when we first meet him so should turn 30 at some point during AFFC/ADWD. Calculations below:

• He tells Sansa that Gregor was knighted four years after burning him.
  • We know Gregor was knighted at 16, and was 17 at the sack of King's Landing.
  • The sack was 15 years before AGOT so that makes Gregor 32.
  • Sandor says that Gregor is five years older than him, so he is 27 in AGOT.

EDIT because I am total dogshit with tags.

We're not told explicitly, but I reckon he's 27 when we first meet him so should turn 30 at some point during AFFC/ADWD. Calculations below:

• He tells Sansa that Gregor was knighted four years after burning him.
  • We know Gregor was knighted at 16, and was 17 at the sack of King's Landing.
  • The sack was 15 years before AGOT so that makes Gregor 32.
  • Sandor says that Gregor is five years older than him, so he is 27 in AGOT.

EDIT because I am total dogshit with tags.

Yup it checks out 27. That would be considered mid-twenties, right? Or late-twenties? Either way he's hitting 31, now. ;)

I don't know, to me everything seemed pretty straightforward with the exception of Sansa's "crawling". Sansa starts backing away from the window and towards the bed on which Sandor is lying, he sits up on the bed and grabs her by her wrist and puts one hand over her mouth, then he is just holding her by her wrist, she tries to wriggle out of his grasp to no result, then as she's still standing he yanks her closer (which is when Sansa thinks he's about to kiss her).. Then Sandor "gave her arm a hard wrench, pulling her around and shoving her down onto the bed." After that he makes her sing at knifepoint, while she's lying down on the bed and he's sitting on it/looming over her. ... "Crawled out of bed" indeed doesn't sound like Sansa was just lying on the covers on one side and then got up, but I don't think she was under the covers at any point either. Since before she returned to her room Sandor was sleeping there, it could be that the blankets/sheets were in disarray and she had to kick/put them aside when she was getting up or she could have just crawled across the bed and got up from the opposite side. Just my two cents.

Okay but you're assuming she was lying down. If she was standing and was then shoved down onto the bed, I'm thinking she's sitting. It's hard to shove someone down onto a bed so their entire body is on the mattress. That wouldn't require a crawl out. Another thing, the Hound and his cloak were bloody so wouldn't there be (other people's) blood on her sheets? Who wants to curl up in that? Yuck.

Another point: during that scene, blood is wet and dry and wet again, if I'm remembering correctly. If someone has the quote handy, I'd be grateful. I don't remember exactly what but I think it's the blood on Sandor's face. It's fresh at one point, which is strange, given that he's been waiting for her for some length of time. Then it's wet again later. I don't think his tears were enough to saturate all the blood (which wouldn't make it like-new again anyway) so it struck me as fishy.

Archived