NFL Regular Season Mk.III

arrowfan

I just thought the interception angle was interesting as you had mentioned it more than once.

Agreed. And there was a reason for it; I felt that because I am so anti-McNabb (for the HoF) that it was only fair to mention the one area where McNabb had a good case for greatness. Most (if not all) the QBs we have ruyn the comparison for have a higher than 2:1 ratio (many cross more to 1.5:1). But even with that I cannot give McNabb that pass to the Hall.

The Winner: Chicago, yeah, I really think they'll pull it off. They got embarrassed last week, and they know it. That offensive line is going to give Jay Cutler just enough time to get the ball down the field against a very suspect secondary. Also, Matt Forte is going to have at least 100 yards rushing, and over 250 all-purpose yards.

Dare to dream, buddy. I want to be wrong, but that O-Line's not going to do much of anything tomorrow. Green Bay will win by at least 17 and I'm not entirely sure Cutler makes it out of this game...I mean, you're implying 150 yards (give or take) in receiving for Forte. If he's gaining that much from the passing game, then the Bears are in even worse shape than we thought...

Agreed. And there was a reason for it; I felt that because I am so anti-McNabb (for the HoF) that it was only fair to mention the one area where McNabb had a good case for greatness. Most (if not all) the QBs we have ruyn the comparison for have a higher than 2:1 ratio (many cross more to 1.5:1). But even with that I cannot give McNabb that pass to the Hall.

OK, cool. I always appreciate your ability to admit and own how you incorporate your bias into your otherwise solid analysis.

But damn it! I still don't think that interceptions are that important as a stat.

Dare to dream, buddy. I want to be wrong, but that O-Line's not going to do much of anything tomorrow. Green Bay will win by at least 17 and I'm not entirely sure Cutler makes it out of this game...I mean, you're implying 150 yards (give or take) in receiving for Forte. If he's gaining that much from the passing game, then the Bears are in even worse shape than we thought...

I'm really not hopeful at all. Dom Capers loves to blitz as much if not more than Gregg Williams, so it could be a very long day for Jay.

My only hope is that the atrocious line play in the second half was in part due to a combination of Cutler getting kicked in the throat and not being able to call plays and assignments loudly enough (what a pussy!) in the deafening Superdome. It's a slim hope. A very slim hope. I fully expect another 5 or 6 sacks, and just gotta believe the offensive players not named Matt Forte will provide some sort of assistance.

On the plus side, the defense will likely be pissed off after laying an egg last week. They've proven to be one of the few, maybe the only team who has Aaron Rodger's number... his number as in only allowing a couple touchdowns a game as opposed to several.

Wee-hoo, looking forward to today's games, loads of great divisional matchups - the heart of the NFL.

Packers v Bears. I'm Packers fan but also a closet Bears fan. This will be a fun game. Bears defense seems to hold Packers at bay, if only their offense could take advantage. This matchup favors the Packers if only because of the Bears O-line.

Giants v Eagles. Maybe the game of the day. These teams hate each other. Giants looking for some revenge against the Eagles for bumping them out of the playoffs last year. Should be a scrappy game. Hope for a Giants win, but playing in Philly, I give the edge to the Eagles.

Redskins v Cowboys. Both teams looking to gain more respect. Hoping for Redskins but think Cowboys at home will come through ahead.

Lions v Vikings. A lot of the people think the Lions will win this one handily, but Vikings at 0-2 will be going all in. Still, Lions talent should prove to much.

Pats v Bills. Dark horse fun game of the week. Of course Pats should win, but with this feisty 2-0 Bills team anything can happen.

Div games rule.

I think someone mentioned the Eagles D being overrated and I agree, but I was still not prepared to see their awful tackling this morning. I didn't think the Giants had a chance to win this game before seeing all these wet noodles falling down around the ball.

I think someone mentioned the Eagles D being overrated and I agree, but I was still not prepared to see their awful tackling this morning. I didn't think the Giants had a chance to win this game before seeing all these wet noodles falling down around the ball.

I don't normally watch these two teams, but the husband is a Giants fan so I put it on.

A most entertaining game. So who will hit someone next? (ok, this is becoming my favorite part of football---I know this makes me twisted, but I can't help myself)

Really wish I was actually watching this Bills/Pats game. It's so hard to get a good feel for it from just the score/updates. Seems like we started really strong, but things are kind of coming apart. But I can't tell if it's a general sort of falling apart or just a bad play or two.

Hm. Still think we're going to win--I do have my new Patriots shorts on, after all!

For the first time, I'm playing against a bunch of Bills in fantasy football while they play a meaningful game. It sucks.

Damnit, Andy Reid, give the ball to McCoy, what the fuck?!

I think it's funny and kind of sad how hard NBC is pimping the Colts-Steelers game. No, it's not going to be an epic game. It is not going to be the best game this week. It is going to be a miserable, sad game, stop pretending otherwise!!

Anybody watching the Lions-Vikings game? What the hell, man? What's going on?

I missed most of the first half but the Lion's run game seems totally off. The only time they get yards is when Stafford's throwing. I wish they'd gotten the TD instead of the FG just now.

Still a quarter to go, down 10. I wish I felt confident of a Lion's comeback but, well, I've been watching them for decades. We'll see.

ETA: 20 - 17, I hate it when the Lions make me optimistic. They always manage to find a spectacular way to fail.

Really wish I was actually watching this Bills/Pats game. It's so hard to get a good feel for it from just the score/updates. Seems like we started really strong, but things are kind of coming apart. But I can't tell if it's a general sort of falling apart or just a bad play or two.

Hm. Still think we're going to win--I do have my new Patriots shorts on, after all!

It's a pretty hilarious game so far. The Pats came out incredibly strong but Brady has stumbled all over the place gunning the ball into picks.

The refs just absurdly handed the Bills a free touchdown. They gave the Bills 46 free yards in one drive. It's funny to hear Rich Gannon and Marv Albert do the commentary. They're like "Well, uhh, I guess the officials saw something there..."

A Pats defender had his arms held up in the air to signify that he wasn't doing anything while he was wrapped up by a receiver, and he had a pass interference call AGAINST him.

And now Brady has had another pick off the fall bouncing off a guys head. Some serious freakish plays in this game.

I'm feeling frustrated after Denver's loss to Tennessee. Denver had a 4th down at the 2 yard line and went for it and failed it when they had a 14-10 lead. They ended up losing with 17-14. Annoying but they played hard and enjoy seeing the change in the team this year.

Feeling better already when I get to see the end of the Bills vs Patriots. Bills and Lions give me hope, the fought hard last year and are now turning the corner.

Archived