Where will Arya go after training?

MeekyReekyRamsay

What has been puzzling me previously, is that Arya has actually never SEEN any FM other than KoM and JHG (Waif is a servant and there are some acolytes as well, but they don't count). She HEARD different people during the FM gathering, but that says nothing as to if those persons were physically present at the conversation. For all we know, FM are spread across the continents and are using glass candles to communicate. Anyhow, assuming every FM is strategically positioned (KoM - Temple/Braavos to train recruits, JHG - Maesters, etc), there is certainly a service station Arya is being prepared for. Most likely - Westeros. But if she is ever to set foot in Westeros, she will have to do so on the FM duty, and not as a rogue. Otherwise, she's as good as dead.

One final thing. However we turn this, Arya was given the iron coin. Remember, "Valar Morghulis". So, essentially she also has to be given the gift. I assume, during her initiation - for her to completely loose worldly identity - she will be killed in a certain ritual. What the FM do not count on, is that Arya is able to warg, and essentially, her self will return to her after resurrection. So, altogether, unArya will revive as FM, but will retain her "self" thanks to warging.

1. We know Arya has knowledge of Jon has becoming the commander of the Night Watch.

2. Arya's training with the faceless men will not be completed. Right now is to go to Izembaro to begin her apprenticeship. However, is this a person or a place? Most likely whatever happens next will begin her journey back to her brother.

3. Because Arya is a warg I don't know if this will disqualify her from completing the training with the faceless men.

Her being a warg might be something that puts her higher in the standings of the faceless men. We still don't know how JH got the dog to turn on Wheeze or whatever his name was at Harrenhall. Warged it?

And that could have been why he gave Arya the coin.... or one of the reasons. Varymr said he knew exactly what Jon was as soon as he saw him. But I don't know if that is because he saw Jon with Ghost and guessed correctly or if Skinchangers can recognize and see their own with training.

Bloodraven has led her to the Faceless Men to train her in dark arts and then he will use her to get closer to Jon Snow.

Is there any evidence at all for this? I ignored this same thought in another thread, but I think that it should be challenged. Bloodraven has absolutely nothing to do with the FM in any text that has been written by GRRM. He is not a face changer, he is a greenseer and a warg like Bran. He follows the God's of the North, and the FM worship The Stranger. You are comparing apples to oranges here.

Is there any evidence at all for this? I ignored this same thought in another thread, but I think that it should be challenged. Bloodraven has absolutely nothing to do with the FM in any text that has been written by GRRM. He is not a face changer, he is a greenseer and a warg like Bran. He follows the God's of the North, and the FM worship The Stranger. You are comparing apples to oranges here.

I don't think Bloodraven want hurt Jon, but in the Mystery Knight there is

mentioned a rumor that he learned dark magic that allows him to change his face.

I don't think Bloodraven want hurt Jon, but in the Mystery Knight there is

mentioned a rumor that he learned dark magic that allows him to change his face.

No... In the mystery knight

There are rumors of all sorts of crap about Bloodraven made by common folks who have no understanding of him, or magic.

There is no evidence at all that this is true and actually conflicts with powers that we know he has.

Her being a warg might be something that puts her higher in the standings of the faceless men. We still don't know how JH got the dog to turn on Wheeze or whatever his name was at Harrenhall. Warged it?

It was basilisk's blood that caused the dog to freak out. When the waif tells her about the poison Arya asks if it'll work on dogs, thinking back to Weese and how he was killed.

Look at a map. Braavos is right at the northernmost point of the eastern continent. If the seas that far north freeze over, the city Arya loves, and the House of Many Faces, might be destroyed. All those ships that they use to defend themselves are useless if the whole lagoon is a big icy plain and when the dead walk south to rampage over it.

With the Faceless Men gone, Arya is unleashed.

Wouldn't the Faceless Men have an appreciation for the Walkers? After all, they are bringing the gift to many. Or is it an abomination of the gift since the dead rise again?

One thing about Arya that I always try and put first in my thoughts is how the ghost of high heart treated her. Or at least how she spoke to her.

She said that Arya smelled of death and that she gorged on grief at Summerhall so she didn't want anything to do with Arya. Ok so this women is hanging with the people who eventually will end up as Stonehearts gang of hangmen and doesn't blink....but put Arya next to the fire with her and she gets all nervous and upset?

Arya's body count is going to be huge.

i concur.... anyone whom both the Hound AND Jàquen H'gar thinks is badass and made of awesome MUST be badass and made of awesome...

George has to bring characters together, sooner or later. I think Arya will join Dany - as Missandei. I love this theory, their ages match, they're on the same continent, and Missandei is really close to Dany so it's perfect for Arya to take her face. Arya will have to put her knowledge of taking faces into practice ;)

I think that too much emphasis has been put on Missandei for her to be just another servant. Arya can also read and write, so...

I mentioned this on another post sometime ago, but I am currently not enjoying her chapters of her training...they feel so long and dragged out. It's a shame, since in the earlier books Arya's chapters were one of the ones I really looked forward to - but afterward they became more along the lines of being semi dreaded.

Anyway, for my guess regarding the FM business...there seems to be hints that she won't complete her training. Right now, her heart REALLY doesn't seem into it all at - she is only really staying because she feels she has no where else to go (Also feel like there is a hint of stubbornness, since she doesn't want to prove the trainer's right by being labelled as weak or a quitter)

That, and she hasn't let go of her past. She still has Needle, and the warging/connections with Nymeria would possibly prevent her also.

The skills would benefit her, that's for sure. Not sure what would happen afterward, but at least I have a sense (Or a hope) that she will come out stronger than ever and suprise a heck of a lot of people in Westeros. And, hopefully get some bad guys in an awesome way.

Arya was told how, and she verified it with a question. It was basilisk blood, and it works on dogs.

ETA: Crud, it was "basilisk blood", shake the fuzz off the synapses, occasionally. :P

Which means there's manticores running around somewhere. We're picking up fantasy creatures with both scoopers here. Unicorns, giant river turtles, wyrms, wyverns, do I remember a basilisk being mentioned. First instinct is to think these are rumored creatures like in the popular myth of the middle ages and that the manticore blood really comes from a scorpion or something. But then we've seen enough of the creatures to give credence to the rest of them being real too. Somebody on this planet has got a wacky wild zoo, man. Wild.

I always pictured Arya living in the wildling culture. If the legends are right, no Stark is more like Bael the Bard than her. So I would love to see her as the first Queen Beyond the Wall.

I don't think it will happen, but I think it would be an interesting scenario.

I hope Izembaro is in Ibben or Lorath or even Norvos or Qohor... I mean those are so far out of the way that we won't otherwise get to see those places (although Qohor and Norvos are vaguely in the way of a land voyage that Daenerys might make back to Westeros although hopefully Daenerys will go by sea to save plot time but... yeah I would like to see more of the Free Cities and Essos.

I would rather learn more about politic situation in Braavos, what kind of man is a new sea lord and so on. I hope that in the next book we will see Arya really interact with someone in Braavos KoM is kind of too much no one, he hardly shows any personality and even when he does, you can't be sure it is real.

• 4 months later...

I think Arya will be close to finishing her training with the FM, or actually finished and she will run into the Mountain's Men with Harys Swyft in their visit to the iron Bank of Bravos. She has never given up Needle, and remains Arya - seeing those men will ignite her inner Arya - and she will realize that she can never give herself over completely to the FM.

It will be her turning point - this is foreshadowed by incident with killing the man of the night's watch that abandoned his duty. She slaughters the Mountain's men, reclaims needle, abandons the FM, and heads back to Westeros undercover, with all her FM training. I believe in Westeros, she continues to work her list, help her friends and family.

I think she will be captured by the Brotherhood without Banners, and they will take her to Lady Stoneheart. Arya and Catelyn will be reunited, and Arya will give her "the gift" to put Catelyn at peace. She will then be the leader of the Outlaws and continue to kill the baddies and protect the innocent. This also sets her up to reunite with Gendry... Just my thoughts.

Archived