2011 NFL Regular Season - Thread 4

Bronn Stone

I remember freshman Tim Tebow and how little i knew about him and how much I liked him. I just thought he was this badass freshman who was kinda a QB but mostly a fullback. I miss that guy. There is no place for Tim Tebow in the NFL. Fans are stupid.

i think there is a place for him. It just isn't starting quarterback. If he could learn to block well, he could make a great H-back, using all the qualities that bronn stone mentioned. They could use him in certain packages, to give a different look. He is a better passer than most NFL running backs, so he could provide some option plays as well.

He really is better off failing as a starter quicker. Noone is served by having him undermine the starter.

Tebow should be given a chance.

I agree, however

I really want Tebow to start for a few games. 5-6 straight losses would shut most of them up.

This is why I want him to be given a chance. So he can fail and the franchise can move on.

I would love to be proven wrong here. I would laugh my ass off if Mcidiocy didn't waste 3 draft picks to trade up to draft Tebow. I don't dislike the guy, I just don't think he's going to be a good professional quarter back. And the fact is that the fanbase is divided between people who want to win, and people who want to watch Tebow.

Really looking forward to tonight's game... Bears at Lions. Lions are favored by 6.5 pts, I'd bet on Chi and 6.5 free pts no problem. Bears need a win. Momentum is with Lions, but I think Bears will upset them in a wild game.

Tim Tebow has charm, spunk, good football sense, great running ability and an intangible sense of football. He also throws like a Lithuanian milkmaid
Hey now, that's not fair. I'm Lithuanian, and our milkmaids can throw like a fucking cannon. Rex Grossman took lessons from them.

Don't be hating on the Lithuanian Milkmaids. They're fucking diesel and will kick your ass. Or their mayor will come to your town and crush your car with an APC.

Really looking forward to tonight's game... Bears at Lions. Lions are favored by 6.5 pts, I'd bet on Chi and 6.5 free pts no problem. Bears need a win. Momentum is with Lions, but I think Bears will upset them in a wild game.

I want to hope so. Maybe with Chris Harris back and a little security in the safety position, the defense will regain some of the swagger they seem to have lost. And they're going to need it, because Gate 68, Frank Omiyale, is starting at right tackle.

I can see the Bears pulling off this win if they come out and punch Detroit in the mouth right out of the gates, but another part of me sees an ugly blowout loss with Cutler getting knocked out of the game.

If the colts win the Luck sweepstakes then these are the options:

1. Trade the pick if they are sure that Manning will be fine. They rebuild the roaster around Peyton with the trade picks/players. If he stays healthy they do not need a lot of things to fix. I know the team looks terrible but with Manning manning the QB position, they can contend with an LT and may be a couple of pieces on the D. They will need to be on the win now mode and go all out to win a SB in the next 3 years.

2. Keep the pick, draft Luck, let him sit for the next three years behind Manning and let him take over in 2015 when Peyton will be 39 years old and might be retiring. If Peyton is still playing at a high level, this could become awkward. If Manning has trouble coming back from the injury, they hand over the keys much earlier obviusly.

3. Keep the pick, draft luck and trade Manning :crying: (assuming the he is fine medically). I am a Colt's fan because of Manning. As I had said earlier I started watching NFL the year Peyton got drafted. I decided his team will be my team as I did not grow up in the states (I am not living there btw). This will be a sad day for me; but then the fun begins. Obviously Indy will not trade him within the division. So what are the trade scenarios? The best one I can come up with: Trade him to the JETS :stunned: . Just think of the possibilities. Manning vs Brady for the division crown. The Jets with Peyton and Rex's D will be an instant contender in 2012. This also makes Indy's one of biggest rival's road to the playoff more contentious. Indy will not be a SB contender probably in the next 3 years with Luck. So why not try to sabotage the pat's chances? Also as a subplot we have Peyton vs Eli for the NY crown. I think the NY media will just explode. I am sure there are other trade scenarios that will work equally well.

Disclaimer! - IMHO only: I don't think Peyton Manning will return to football (at least as a player). His neck injury, while it should heal well enough for him to return, is just... well a neck injury (scary). He's already accomplished everything he could hope to. He's stinkin rich. And finally, while he is one of the greats, I imagine he might be a bit rusty after a full year off. Well, if I were Manning, that's what I'd do! Make love to the wife, visit Fiji, etc.

1. To get the self-indulgent fantasy stuff out of the way first, I needed Megatron to get me 11 points tonight and he got 13 in one catch. Bailed me out of Matt Ryan's crapulent night last night and starting Isaac Redman ahead of Marshawn Lynch.

2. Cutler played like a man tonight. Jesus what an arm, what throws he has made with no time to plant. Imagine what he'd be like if he had receivers and a line. Right now he's like a slower, more tragically and futilely heroic version of Aaron Rodgers and his crappy line of a few years ago, since he has no decent options besides Forte. Cutler's story is also more epic because Fucking Mike Martz is his evil overlord.

3. Brandon Meriweather was awful tonight. On Johnson's 73 yard TD, it was Meriweather that he shrugged off like a loosely draped sweater. On Best's long TD run Meriweather got beat again. Hrm, Belichick beat the Jets, got evidence of a ground game and a defense (okay, defending against Sanchez) and watched Meriweather stink up Monday Night Football... Good weekend for Belichick.

4. Haynesworth and Ocho (I'll refer to him by his full last name when he gets Cinco catches in a game and no penalties) are still net negatives on the Patriots.

This game put all of the Bears flaws on display for the nation:

1) Inconsistent, terrible play by the tackles. I almost feel bad for the inside three because they're decent but Webbing and Omiyale are just not good.

2) lackluster effort by the receives where the only consistency are drops of big plays.

3) an offensive coordinator who called almost a petulantly conservative game after being forced to call an all run game that worked. This guy also calls just the wrong offense for the personnel he has.

4) weak secondary taken advantage of in part due to no pressure by the defensive line.

5) comically incompetent clock handling.

These were all problems anyone with eyes saw at the end of last season. Nothing consequential was done about any of it. And you fan see it in the lack of fire shown by the players on the field.

Archived