I won't be there 'til at least 7:30, maybe even 8:30, last year's meet at this time of year took me about 2&1/2hrs to get in there. And that's if I make it at all, works looking a bit crazy tomorrow. It's such a shame about the weather, the Opera Bar is a great location, it's meant to be less rainy tomorrow than today, if that's any help :(

I also just wanted to say: Din Tai Fung dumplings are soooo good.

meet at OPERA BAR!

hope to see you there morningsword...lemme know when you're close and i can update you in case have had to move xx

hope this helps with the offspring situation shwuffie :D

excellent

see you there

Apologies for my no-show yesterday due to a wedding, but it was good to catch up on the Thursday night with some of the folks (and meet Brady, SJohn and Stubby for the first time!). :)

Just popping in to say thanks to everyone who came and thanks to everyone who helped organize things. I had a great time and definitely hope to make it back here one day. You're all more than welcome to come visit me in DC once I get my shit together and stay home for a while. :cheers:

I had a lovely time. Big thanks to the MVPs, stormborne who got us organised on friday night, and also had tons of cool ideas for further activities, and BeeTrix who also helped with friday night, and took a few of us to a kickass Malaysian restaurant for dinner on Saturday, and wasn't too mad when we were running a bit late and kept her waiting.

Props also to Stubby (can we start calling you UnStubby now?) and laoise, Pax, ithanos and Neal for flying in for the weekend.

I'm sorry it took me so long to get around to meeting you folks. Good people :)

And, of course, it was great to finally meet SJohn, though it didnt feel like we were meeting for the first time really. Bros4Life, JR. Bros4Life.

its always awesome to see everyone - old and the new :grouphug: big love x another wonderful memory for the play'back tape

so hey, my parents just finished building this awesome outdoor area....bbq, backyard cricket, no getting kicked out or struggling over ueber loud music...its a possibility.

otherwise theres no shortage of ideas to on this thread that we can revisit :) looking forward to the next already!

Yep, Stormy and I take full credit for the lovely weather ^_^ .

It was great meeting and seeing all. Maybe next time, I can organise someone to open shop for me an I can watch the sunrise with all you lovely people.

. . . and wasn't too mad when we were running a bit late and kept her waiting.

I wasn't mad *says Mel madly* :blush: . To be fair, I was only anxious, as I'ld used up all my powers of persuasion to get the table without having the rest of my party there. Was dreading being unceremoniously marched back out to the end of the 100m long queue.

But I love this city and am only too happy to show-it-off and share with all.

beetrix, you are a good good woman :wub:

damn fine day of eating :drool: currently joining you on that errr food boner just thinkin about it :drunk: .

Pfft. Me and Paxy went to Gosford and had dinner at a place that was just. like. Pizza Hut in the 90s. Time travel never tasted so good.

We can only echo the posts of others above. Thursday & Friday nights were great fun! It was awesome making new friends and catching upwith old friends. Glad to hear everyone made it home safe. ;)

Now, after two days of trekking the Blue Mountains we are going to have a free night tomorrow. Anyone who feels like a low-key feed and some more live chat is welcome to give us a bell and we'll set something up.

And, of course, it was great to finally meet SJohn, though it didnt feel like we were meeting for the first time really. Bros4Life, JR. Bros4Life.

Word. We didn't even get a chance to get into some Bone Thugs. Guess you'll have to come to the states for that. I think its past time for you to experience the east coast of the US anyway. California is like the US on training wheels (please tell AG I said that), and I think you're ready for the edge. I recommend episodes of the Sopranos and the Wire for East Coast 101.

Stubbs,

I'm at the Sydney Hilton for tonight and tomorrow night. Pretty much right next to Westfield. There is actually a pretty nice bar in the basement called Marble where I had a couple drinks this evening, its pretty old school, one of the oldest in Sydney apparently, but my drinks were free due to one hotel voucher and another from making friends with the bartender and receiving a free gin & tonic from the bartender that someone else decided that they didn't want after they'd ordered. Point being I can't speak for how much drinks actually cost there. But, its quiet and really neat.

Anyway, I'm all for dinner and a couple drinks tomorrow night with whoever is in the mood. Anywhere you like. I'm not an expert but I think I've got the CBD area reasonably under control at this point so just let me know what you all have in mind. And by all means, I hope any of you who are local can make it as well. Stubbs and Pax have my number, I believe. Otherwise posting here works.

I might turn up to - my fridge is scarily empty.

Was thinking I could possibly drive my car in and take the out-of-towners on a night drive after dinner if they are keen and the weather clears. There is some really nice night views from Lady Macquarie's Chair & Kirribili.

I can't help but notice that it stopped raining when I arrived in Sydney on Thursday, and started again when I left. If only I could use these powers for my own financial benefit.

Have fun tonight guys! I'm back at work today (and working hard as evidenced by the fact that I'm currently on the board), and everyone seems determined to make me eat shit for missing the X-Mas party. Meh, I had more fun with you guys anyway.

Archived