NFL Thread 6. Fanatics unite!

Lord O' Bones

Can we speak of ginger things for a moment? By ginger, I mean the Bengals and their ginger QB. Andy Dalton is looking really fucking good for a rookie. I forget where Flacco and Ryan were at this point in their rookie years, but was it this good?

I watched the guy a little at TCU, but not enough. I saw highlights, and I watched a bit of the Rose Bowl. I do not remember him having this strong of an arm. The guy is whistling them in there. He doesn't get flustered easily, and he's finding people in pretty crowded areas. For a rookie he's looking great. He would be a shoe-in for rookie of the year if not for Newton.

I think that he deserves the Rookie of the Year award far more than Cam Newton does. They've always given those awards with heavy influence on team success. Look at 2008, I thought that Kurt Warner deserved it the most, but they gave it to Peyton because the Colts went 12-4.

Except Haynesworth- Superman-sperm could not make that ass any better.

Rockroi, I had a shitty-ass day at work. And it got even worse when I got home.

Thank you, sir. You've brightened my day.

Apparently Fat Albert is going to Tampa. Because when teams are consistently kicking your ass when they run but doing somewhat okay when they pass, you have to get an overrated, overweight guy to rush the passer.

I want to see Cam Newton literally run circles around him.

Apparently Fat Albert is going to Tampa. Because when teams are consistently kicking your ass when they run but doing somewhat okay when they pass, you have to get an overrated, overweight guy to rush the passer.

I want to see Cam Newton literally run circles around him.

I was going to post about that, but my computer wanted to restart.

No one is overrating Fat Albert anymore.

Subtraction by addition. I don't see how this guy can help any team at this point, only hurt. I doubt he sees 10 snaps.

I actually like the move.

His mentorship should be invaluable to the young Bucs. Sure Mike Williams completely and utterly quit on his Syracuse team, but can he transfer those skills to the pro level? He brings great potential but some guys struggle making that transition. Now he can learn from the master. Did you know, for example, that you don't need to wait for the play to be over to quit on your team? True story.

LeGarrette Blount sucker punched an opposing player, but has he ever tried to crush a guy's skull under his cleats? Kinda makes Blount look like an embarrassing amateur in comparison, huh? Albert just wanted to make sure the guy was dead. That kind of thoroughness and attention to detail makes any team better.

Albert's been through a lot. Motorists in need of assaulting, waitresses in need of groping, teams switching defensive schemes without obtaining his expressed written consent, the paucity of easily accessible all-you-can-eat Chinese Buffets near stadiums, epic battles with acute narcolepsy during plays. But one thing you can say about Albert is he never gives up. Ever. Sure he's no longer with the Patriots but it's clear that his work in New England was done. He'd rebuilt that once storied defense, even picked up 3 tackles in the process, but this was never about stats and you'd be foolish to assert that it was. Now it's on to bigger and better things and a team that needs him more than ever. God speed gentle Albert. God speed.

I was (re)watching the game winning drives of Eli and Flacco. I must say I was impressed by the Flacco one. I will be the first to admit that I have been one of his biggest critics and did not think he had it in him. The Steelers were playing good D. Flacco was cool. I did not see a bad throw. Even when his WRs were dropping catchable balls he kept his composure. Very impressive. I was less impressed by Manning's drive. He was going against a pretty bad D. He made some poor throws that could have been costly, but luck was on his side (so it seems was the NE D) and his receivers made some incredible plays. Jake Ballard, who knew.

I was (re)watching the game winning drives of Eli and Flacco. I must say I was impressed by the Flacco one. I will be the first to admit that I have been one of his biggest critics and did not think he had it in him. The Steelers were playing good D. Flacco was cool. I did not see a bad throw. Even when his WRs were dropping catchable balls he kept his composure. Very impressive. I was less impressed by Manning's drive. He was going against a pretty bad D. He made some poor throws that could have been costly, but luck was on his side (so it seems was the NE D) and his receivers made some incredible plays. Jake Ballard, who knew.

I thought Flacco was going to be a stud a couple years ago but he has looked awful in a few games. Can he just imagine he is playing the Steelers every week?

Archived