Paperback Release Date

Lady Littlefinger

Sorry if I sound so ignorant but where do you get the info on when the paperback version will be released? I'm in Asia and I'm just itching to get my hands on a copy (of course, the fact that there's a sneak preview on the next book doesn't help). I just finished reading the ebook version but I still want to read it "the old fashioned way".

The ISBN is978-0-00-648611-4

The maps are: The North, The South, The Land Beyond The Wall, The Lands Of The Summer Sea, Iron Islands, King's Landing, The Free Cities

It has 1117 pages prologue to epilogue.

The appendix ends on page 1181 with JOKIN, comander of the company archers.

The acknowledgements end on page 1184.

After that comes the THEON chapter which has sixteen pages. It ends with They know my name, he thought.

This whole idea of splitting the book in two pisses me off. The length is just an excuse from the publishers to get us to pay twice for one book. I'm in the uk and I've already been stung this way by Swords. If the german publisher can put out a larger single book then why cant voyager? Anyway, I'll still buy it, I'll just be shopping around a bit first.

If the german publisher can put out a larger single book then why cant voyager? Anyway, I'll still buy it, I'll just be shopping around a bit first.

The German books are (or will be) as split in two just as the UK ones - in fact, here not only aDwD and aSoS have been split, but all of the paperbacks have. What alienarea meant was that (s)he bought the Bantam version (i.e. the American books) from the German amazon.de. (At least if I understood alien correctly.)

Thanks for the clarification dornishman's wife. I think I remember reading something about that when dance first came out. I suppose I should be happy it's only happened here with two of them.

Well I just got off the ankle express with my two books. Went to asda in the end they're selling both for seven quid so after that moaning it wasn't too painful on the wallet.

The German books are (or will be) as split in two just as the UK ones - in fact, here not only aDwD and aSoS have been split, but all of the paperbacks have. What alienarea meant was that (s)he bought the Bantam version (i.e. the American books) from the German amazon.de. (At least if I understood alien correctly.)

Yes, you are right. Apologies for not being precise, I assumed it was obvious that it wasn't a German translation from the last sentence I quoted.

@DaveSumm: Harper Voyager has a single volume paperback edition out thats the same size as the older editions you have (A-format instead of B-format). This one: Amazon.co.uk

I kept encountering that in my searches.......I assumed it was a mistake. So why on earth have they released a large-but-split edition, and a small-but-complete edition? Confusing.

Anyway thanks very much.

Edit: and does that mean that now, or once upon a time, there existed a complete, small, paperback, UK, aSoS?

I kept encountering that in my searches.......I assumed it was a mistake. So why on earth have they released a large-but-split edition, and a small-but-complete edition? Confusing.

Edit: and does that mean that now, or once upon a time, there existed a complete, small, paperback, UK, aSoS?

The small-but-complete edition is published by the Australian division of Harper Voyager. It's confusing and also makes the assertion the UK publishers make when they say the book HAS to be split due to it's 'epic size' lose credibility.

I don't think Harper ever published a one volume version of aSoS in paperback.

The small-but-complete edition is published by the Australian division of Harper Voyager. It's confusing and also makes the assertion the UK publishers make when they say the book HAS to be split due to it's 'epic size' lose credibility.

There is now a 1-book-paperback of AsoS by Bantam which has the green cover with an additional Game Of Thrones - A New original Series From HBO addition. ISBN: 978-0-553-57342-8.

Ah.......I'm now bracing myself for some tiny but annoying difference between this Australian version (which I've ordered) and the rest of my set. The cover certainly looks the same anyway. Thanks for all the replies.

Shouldnt really be this complicated to get a matching set of books on your shelf. :(

Archived