Paperback Release Date

Lady Littlefinger

that does it. am not going to lug around the hardback again, plus do not want to write notes in it. i have patiently waited since august for the paperback version to reread, read through all 4 of the first books again while waiting until the release, which i thought was in March (!)

have just bought the divided UK version of Dance from Ebay; for both books shipping to U.S. cost me all of 26 cents. there was another listing shipping from Australia for free.

• 1 month later...

Yes, there is indeed a MMP of ADWD already published - in fact, two.

ISBN 978-0006486114 is the British edition by Harper-Collins

ISBN 978-0553841121 is the Bantam edition for foreign markets.

They are not identical. Besides different covers (due to the HBO series advertisement) they have different page counts as well.

The book were are still waiting for is

ISBN 978-0553582017 - the Bantam US edition.

(Edited to add: also 9780553385953, that seems to be a standard Paperback, meaning that it is a bigger book than the MMP).

I take that if I want to read a paperback in American English (instead of British English) I'll have to wait for the American mass market?

Son of a bitch...they delayed it again (not new, but I'm just now noticing this). What is this, like the 5th time now? I sure as shit wouldn't bet on that October release date holding either. :bang:

My Amazon order still says October, but I'm confident that will be pushed again... I could see them prolonging hardback sales when Dangerous Women and World of Ice & Fire come out to reignite aDwD hardback sales.

• 2 months later...

I take that if I want to read a paperback in American English (instead of British English) I'll have to wait for the American mass market?

I believe there is no actual difference in language, but in any case, no.

ISBN 978-0553841121 is the Bantam edition for foreign markets

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I can't believe they took 2+ years to release the paperback. I love this series, but I'm starting to feel like it isn't about telling a good story anymore, and more about getting as much money out of our pockets as possible. Which is funny, considering if they really want to get money from our pockets, they could release the next book. No matter what, we will all love it, so I don't want to hear stuff about waiting until it's perfect.

I was all about buying the paperback when it came out today, but when I arrived at the store, TWoW chapter was so small, I couldn't justify buying another copy of the book for a few new pages. (Mabye 5 front and back) If you are on this forum, you probably already have read every WoW chapter or chapter summary available. If they would have included something new or a larger chapter or even the Theon chapter that was published via GRRM's webpage a few year s ago, I probably would have bought it. There just wasn't anything juicy enough for me to buy yet another copy of ADwD.

I can't believe they took 2+ years to release the paperback. I love this series, but I'm starting to feel like it isn't about telling a good story anymore, and more about getting as much money out of our pockets as possible. Which is funny, considering if they really want to get money from our pockets, they could release the next book. No matter what, we will all love it, so I don't want to hear stuff about waiting until it's perfect.

Its not about it being perfect...its literally not on paper, yet. Most of it, at least.

Plus, if he only wanted money, he'd just shit out a crappy first draft and say "fuck it." Everyone would buy it.

Plus, if he only wanted money, he'd just shit out a crappy first draft and say "fuck it." Everyone would buy it.

Actually, he'd farm it out to a ghostwriter. That's the better argument against his "only being interested in money". Apparently he still hasn't given up hope of finishing this himself.

Nothing wrong with first drafts. They sometimes lead to second drafts.

Archived