Paperback Release Date

Lady Littlefinger

Hi everyone, weren't sure where to post this but here goes....

Does anyone know when ADWD is due to be release on paperback in the UK?

I'm currently reading AFFC and don't want a long break between the books. I have also seen somewhere that they are planning on splitting it- like they did with SOS. That doesn't bother me though.

I have seen unofficially that release is October 2012 but surely I don't have to wait that long!! Another source says April 2012.

Does anyone know of an OFFICIAL release date??

The US publisher Bantam is going to release trade paperback and mass market paperback in July 10th. Both editions will include a sampler chapter from TWoW.

EXCLUSIVE PREVIEW OF MARTIN’S NEXT HARDCOVER: The mass market and trade paperback editions of A Dance With Dragons will feature an excerpt from the much anticipated sixth book in the Song of Ice and Fire series, The Winds of Winter!
SIMULTANEOUS RELEASE: The mass market and trade paperback versions of A Dance with Dragons will release simultaneously, allowing fans to choose their preferred edition.

http://edelweiss.abo...&sku=055338595X

In the UK, HarperVoyager is publishing the mass market paperback in two parts: Dreams and Dust & After the Feast. These will be released in March 15th.

He also has a Damphair one. I'm guessing the one he's already read publicly before - the Arianne one.

Yeah I'd hope so, i don't want him to give too much away even though it would only be 2 chapters.

I would still tear a mountain apart to read the chapter if it wasn't the Arianne one though haha.

The US publisher Bantam is going to release trade paperback and mass market paperback in July 10th. Both editions will include a sampler chapter from TWoW.

http://edelweiss.abo...&sku=055338595X

In the UK, HarperVoyager is publishing the mass market paperback in two parts: Dreams and Dust & After the Feast. These will be released in March 15th.

It's interesting that the second volume it's called After the Feast suggesting that it takes places after the events of AFFC .

• 4 weeks later...

That's funny... The Dutch translation is split in two parts but uses "Oude vetes, nieuwe strijd" and "Zwaarden tegen draken", which translates to "Old feuds, new battle/struggle" and "Swords against dragons". For A Storm of Swords, the Dutch versions used translated UK titles.

Dreams and Dust. What do you think that's referring to?

Dreams of conquest (Melisandre, Stannis, Daenerys, the Griffs, the Martells), of redemption (Barristan) or both (Tyrion, Jaime, Cersei).

Dreams of recovering control over one's own destiny, or of staving off a bad one (Jon, Arya, Sansa, Brienne).

The Dust of dreams gone astray. As in that famous saying about mice and men.

A very good title, albeit a bit generic. It could easily fit for any other volume of the series, for instance.

But if you want specifics, I believe it is a hint that there will be some resolution for the conflicts in the North (I don't see how there could not be) and perhaps significant advance in the Griff and Daenerys plots. Oh, and Tyrion's too.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Hello, sorry to dredge up an old thread.......just popped into my local bookstore in the UK to buy the paperback editions of A Dance With Dragons, to discover that they're slightly larger than the previous mass market paperbacks that I have in the series. They've also re-released all the other titles to match. I'm not sure if these are trade or mass market paperbacks. Does anyone know if aDwD will eventually be released in the slightly smaller versions or am I, as I strongly suspect, destined to either have an irregular set of books or simply re-purchase the whole set? Then hope they don't change them again later and render my re-purchase pointless?

Sigh....

Also if anyone's interested, the first chapter of part II is 'The Turncloak', and it contains all maps seen so far in the series (north, south, slavers, iron islands, kings landing, western side of Essos) but they all match the previous style, so the Essos map has been redrawn to match the style of aSoS.

Archived