Cersei and Jamie are Targaryens

areusch

I have ambivalent feelings about this theory.

On the one hand there are quite a lot of hints that it might be true.

On the other... there's R + L = J, already.

In addition to the hints in favor of A + J = J & C that were already mentioned, I noticed this:

Tywin and Joanna are cousins. This means that C & J's obvious Lannister traits may be due to Joanna being their mother instead of Tywin being their father. The identity of their father might be cleverly concealed by Martin by making both Tywin and Joanna Lannisters (as with Lyanna / Ned as possible parents of Jon).

Similar as with R + L = J, Martin already killed off most of the people that would/could know the identity of the true father.

Also, we don't know much about Joanna, but from what we do know it seems that - personality-wise - Cersei resembles neither her mother nor Tywin (but to some extent Aerys). And Jaime at least doesn't bear much resemblance to Tywin.

Sorry but I really cringe when I read theories like this. I think there is a very high chance that you are completely wrong. I think that it is very likely that Jon snow is a targaryen, or at least a bastard targaryen, and if they did the same plot twist with other characters, it would take away some of its effect. So just from a literary stand-point, not even looking at your weak evidence, these theories are wrong.

• 2 weeks later...

Cersei is a Targaryen...... I more convince she is than Jaime

We would have to suspend disbelief much more than anything else in the whole series if Cersei and Jaime have different fathers! :o

There's nothing to support this theory. Jaime and Cersei are pure Lannisters made by Joanna and Tywin. Looks, personality, everything proves that they are Lannisters.

Perhaps you should read through the thread. There is actually quite a lot to imply Cersei and Tyrion have Targaryen blood.

This again i think is the most weaksauce of all arguements in favor of this theory :)

Yeh it is, but there are lots of very strong arguments. Like Aerys lusting after Joanna and taking "liberties" according to Selmy, which in his heavily edited Targaryen history could mean a great deal.

Tyrion's obsession with fire, his dragon dreams or feeling at home and welcome amongst the dragon skulls. The same goes for Cersei she is obsessed with fire and is compared to Aerys. The love of fire is mentioned more than once as a Targaryen trait.

Yeh it is, but there are lots of very strong arguments. Like Aerys lusting after Joanna and taking "liberties" according to Selmy, which in his heavily edited Targaryen history could mean a great deal.

Tyrion's obsession with fire, his dragon dreams or feeling at home and welcome amongst the dragon skulls. The same goes for Cersei she is obsessed with fire and is compared to Aerys. The love of fire is mentioned more than once as a Targaryen trait.

Correct. If you read through the thread you'll see I am a supporter of the theories :) Just when people site eye color as a reasoning...it makes me feel like a nut because these are my supporters :)

where was joanna 9 months before tyrion was born ?? if she was in KL then i win.

I don't know if there is a win here :) I hold some faith in the Lannister children are targs theory. I just think eye color is the weakest argument for it.

I don't know if there is a win here :) I hold some faith in the Lannister children are targs theory. I just think eye color is the weakest argument for it.

if his both parents are lannisters then he should have pure green eyes. i doubt it coz the presence of violet purple(targaryen) pigment in green eyes could make it appear blackkish. i dont know if GRRM learned the genetics or not but this is my calculation.

There's nothing to support this theory. Jaime and Cersei are pure Lannisters made by Joanna and Tywin. Looks, personality, everything proves that they are Lannisters.

First, I recomend reading the similtarities in the personality trait of Aerys II compared with Joff and Cercei. Also the coin that the Gods tossed in the air every time a Targ is born, one side madness, the other greatness. Jaime away from Cersei is greatness, her madness. Add Ser Barristan's account of Aerys infatuation with Joanna and "certain liberties" Aerys took at the bedding ceremony. GRRM laid a lot of clues that point in that direction.

if his both parents are lannisters then he should have pure green eyes. i doubt it coz the presence of violet purple(targaryen) pigment in green eyes could make it appear blackkish. i dont know if GRRM learned the genetics or not but this is my calculation.

When the Targs breed outside their family, the Targ traits seem redundant to the dominant traits of other people. The kids look like Lannisters because of their mother. Also note, Tyrion's eyes are flecked with gold like Tywins. This is unlike Cersei and Jaime. Tyrion is Tywin's only true child.

Archived